Mario And Luigi: Dream Team announced for 3DS, first screenshots and video

The Mario and Luigi RPG series makes its 3DS debut this summer

Mario And Luigi: Dream Team was confirmed today during Nintendo Direct. Set for a summer 2013 UK release date, it is the first Mario And Luigi RPG to be released for 3DS.

The Mario And Luigi series began on GBA with Mario And Luigi: Superstar Saga and it was followed up by Partners In Time and Bowser's Inside Story on DS. Now we have Mario And Luigi: Dream Team.

Mario And Luigi: Dream Team takes place inside the mind of a sleeping Luigi, who is a powerful, brave hero in his dreams.

Satoru Iwata introduced the game during Nintendo Direct. He told us that the player must touch Luigi's face as he sleeps to solve puzzles or have multiple Luigi characters appear in battles to defeat enemies.

You can see Mario And Luigi: Dream Team in action during Nintendo Direct. Watch from 9.11.

Comments

1. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:40

I'm surprised that this has been unveiled so soon after we got Paper Mario, another Mario RPG. Still Paper Mario striped away a lot of the RPG elements, so this may please those who missed those parts, as well as fans of the other Mario & Luigi games.

2. zelda-legend93 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:46

Possibly the best thing announced today. That, or the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U package

3. lrwr14 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:50

Looking forward to this. love the Mario and Luigi games.

4. ThePsychicExtrem Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:51

It has the star thingymabober from bowsers inside story, but considering where the game seems to be set, It looks like fawful wont be there ;--;

5. shadowlugia101 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 15:53

amazing, I wasn't a great fan of partners in time but bowers inside story was incredible. I'm hoping this will be the same, my only gripe is the graphics look slightly strange compared to previous versions, almost as if it doesn't look like a Mario and Luigi game, but that's probably just me

6. Pyron12 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:12

Loved Bowsers Inside Story. Might get LM2 over this though.

7. KH81314 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:23

So many great games coming out for the 3Ds and the Wii U. I can afford these but I dont have enough time to play all of them.

8. shy guy 64 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 16:37

fantastic i love these games

9. SeismicToad Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 17:11

Hmmm....
    Well I hope that Nintendo have spent time and effort in making this game and that it's not just a quick money making game too fill in the gaps between big releases.

10. skyluigi Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 17:36

This currently looks fantastic; I'm hoping Nintendo haven't changed too much, as was with Paper Mario.

11. cheatmaster30 Thursday 14th Feb 2013 at 19:43

I so have to buy this when it comes out. And hey, they didn't 'tone it down' like they did with Paper Mario, we seem to have all new settings and characters like we expected from the Mario RPGs!

The dream thing will only make it even better.

12. Kirby8 Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 00:20

This looks hilariously fun! Have loved the other M&L games, so will definitely be picking this up!

13. Darkblizz Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 00:25

Are we to be having Fawful making the appearance? I am wanting him in the Kart racing too.

14. imbusydoctorwho Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 13:34

Best thing revealed in yesterdays Nintendo Direct/

15. OrangeRakoon Saturday 16th Feb 2013 at 12:06

What even

16. sambrown64 Saturday 16th Feb 2013 at 17:59

I think this was my favourite announcement from Nintendo Direct. Such a great series, I don't really play RPGs but these games are awesome! I wonder if it'll beat Bowser's Inside Story, though?

17. Accelgor7 Saturday 16th Feb 2013 at 19:45

did't think there was much coming out this year then BOOM! So many good games.