Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow demo coming to 3DS, new trailer

Download the demo this month

Konami have announced that a Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate demo will be available to download in the UK from 28 February, one week before the full game is released.

That means you'll be able to try it out before you buy. Judging by what we've played so far, you definitely should consider setting some cash aside for it.

You can also discover more about Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate by watching this new trailer.

Producer Dave Cox talks you through the trailer, explaining more about the story, the combat, and the experience points you'll earn when you take out enemies. According to Cox, it is a game with one foot in the future and one in the past as Konami attempt to retell the Castlevania mythos.

The Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow - Mirror Of Fate 3DS release date is set for 8 March.

Comments

1. lrwr14 Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 10:58

Not as bothered about the game as I was before. I was hoping the gameplay (fighting mainly) would be similar to the classic ones.

2. MartinIsAwesome Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 11:02

The news of a demo is fantastic! It is one of those games that I've been very interested in but a bit wary of at the same time. I've seen a few examples of classic Japanese game franchises being revived by western developers with very mixed results.
    That said, Mr. David Cox there gave a good pitch, and the fact that I can at least try it out for myself is very much appreciated.
    If it turns out to be anything like Shinobi on 3DS it'll definitely go on the shopping list.

3. MatthewONM Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 11:11

That's crazy talk - it has all the 2D charm of the originals, but with combat you can actually get your teeth in. Personally, I think it's the best 3DS game I've played since Kid Icarus - avoid it at your peril...

4. lrwr14 Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 11:19

I was just hoping for some classic castlevania gameplay, that's why I was looking forward to it. Now it just looks like another hack n slash side scroller. I'll probably still get it at some point.

5. MatthewONM Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 11:26

But that's the cool thing - it has the progression of classic Castlevania with some modern cinematic trickery thrown in. It's far closer to the classics than any of the GBA/DS entries were. I interviewed the producer this month and he is crazy obsessed with the pre-Symphony games. I think if you have any interest in Castlevania, past or present, the game's going to be right up your street,

6. Rufan Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 11:34

I was hoping there would be a demo of this game, I've never played Castlevania before but the game looks awesome.

I'm not an expert gamer and with the price of games it's always good to have a demo so that I can give it a try out and see if I like playing it or whether it'd be to hard. So I'm very happy about this news! :P

7. lrwr14 Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 11:53

Well since a demo is coming out I'll wait and play that.

8. imbusydoctorwho Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 13:24

One of my most wanted 3DS games of the year,will definitely download the demo.

9. fisher2007 Friday 15th Feb 2013 at 16:22

will definitely download the demo this month.

10. liveswired Saturday 16th Feb 2013 at 08:26

Well, I've watched quite a few previews and I've read nothing but praise for this game - so I've no doubt all the journalists aren't lying.

11. sambrown64 Saturday 16th Feb 2013 at 18:00

The only thing that is putting me off getting this game is that I'll suck at it. It looks awesome, though!

12. bigterence Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 09:57

Just played demo.This was on my hit list before, but is a must buy now.