Rayman Legends: free online challenge mode coming to Wii U in April

Ubisoft attempt to make up for the Rayman Legends delay

Ubisofts latest attempt to make amends for the Rayman Legends delay may get the fans back on side. For the company will be distributing the full online challenge mode in early April on the Wii U eShop. What's more, it will be free!

The online challenge mode features five different levels, each with different styles while new challenges will be added daily or weekly, each of which will have its own leaderboard.

Ubisoft showed off all five of the challenges ina video on the Rayman Facebook page. Deadly Pit sends you into the depths as you keep moving downwards while the Infernal Tower does the opposite, forcing you to climb and take on enemies. The Land Of The Dead is a quick scrolling stage in which you have to keep moving fast to survive while the Dojo will test your skills. Finally, we have the Dungeon which will be only be on Wii U, even when the game is released on all formats. This mode uses the GamePad and challenges you to master speed and rhythm.

All these challenges will be playable for 1-5 players and you'll be able to invite friends to play with you online and you'll also be able to filter the competition.

It also has its own form of achievements as you can earn trophies and all your results will be recorded on the leaderboard and as a ghost.

Take a look at the video and let us know if this makes up for the delay.

Comments

1. ToxicJosh Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 09:34

Sorry Ubisoft; not good enough

2. lminett Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 09:36

The simple answer is no, this does not make up for the fact that the game should have been released, but it may just get some of the fans back on Ubisofts side. We shall soon see.

3. Herbert_Rarr Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 09:44

That looks cool. I'm sure the 10,000 or so people who signed the petition for the full game will be happy with that, along with the countless angry posters on the Miiverse.

4. tohaker Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 09:47

Actually, I'm fine with this. I was hugely disappointed with the huge setback, but I think a free selection of online levels (possibly indefinitely) does cut the mustard. I'm always open to free games, demos, etc. and I'm sure by the time they come out my Wii U will have a bigger library than it currently does (Nintendo Land and Trine 2). I tip my hat to you, Ubisoft.

5. K-tet Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 10:00

Well, it seems the vox populi was heard loud and clear. Sure, it's not the full game, but to test out a new feature for the series is actually not a bad trade-off for the wait. This should keep fans occupied as well as giving them the chance to hone their skills for when the game is finally released.

I wonder if Nintendo have heard our complaints in regards to the Wii U's Virtual Console in the same light. One can be hopeful, but in terms of this, this is fitting news enough. Well done to those that petitioned and aired their complaints. Your voices were heard, and we have all been rewarded (in part at least) for your efforts.

6. Zaphod_B Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 10:14

It's not exactly a "sorry", but it's better than nought. Not that we should really have to say "at least it's not nothing!", but that's the way it goes with big corporations. Feel sorry for the developers more than anyone, their game's reputation has been damaged severely, and they now have to work like mad to correct someone else's mistake, someone far higher up and lazier.

7. 5OUNDWAVE Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 10:24

interesting !

8. alexkinch Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 11:10

As long as the whole thing is free and not got paid dlc.

Zen pinball 2 and tank tank tank are free downloads and it takes about a fiver to get each one with enough to count as a game.

9. Xenobladeperson Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 11:48

That seems fine, but maybe it's just because I wasn't that hyped about it in the first place.

10. 06harrisj Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 13:43

I wasn't intending to buy this game before or after the set back, but I'm glad that this mess that Ubisoft's got itself into means that I get a freebie.

11. KH81314 Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 13:52

This changes everyone said no one ever.

12. Cidiyance Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 16:45

Forcing us to let loss steem and then release this with a touch of sparkle. No! it's not going to work this time!

13. PokerusZero Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 17:58

Ubisoft's pretty much giving us the game already, if they keep on doing this they may as well just release the game.

14. vix_chan Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 18:36

For FREEEEEEE!!!!

15. Waldy565 Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 19:26

Just got Rayman Origins (tenner, couldn't miss out really!) so I may give this a go, I understand the fans rage, but I'm not a big fan of Legends, I know that sounds odd, but Origins appealed why Legends didn't... Still, as mentioned, may give it a go, after all, free is free!

16. Mrslider101 Tuesday 19th Feb 2013 at 20:39

I wasn't planning on buying the full rayman game but it'd be cool to try this when it comes out!

Unless they delay online mode, that is....