Zelda: Oracle Of Ages/Seasons coming to 3DS Virtual Console

Japan getting classic Game Boy Zelda adventures

The classic Legend Of Zelda Game Boy Color adventures - Oracle Of Ages and Oracle Of Seasons - are coming to the 3DS Virtual Console in Japan in early March.

Satoru Iwata announced the news during Nintendo Direct this morning. We hope they'll be released in the UK too.

Did you play either of these games? Share your memories on Zelda Oracles below...

Comments

1. CyberGW Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 11:16

Yay! I managed to translate something correctly! :D
    Good news though. I'll probably download one if we get them, which I'm pretty sure we will.

2. shy guy 64 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 11:34

they are indeed great games

3. alexkinch Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 11:51

Yes! I have them but the gba sp is front lit not back lit. These will look amazing on the 3dsxl as links awakening dx did. It's a pain having to use passwords to transfer data from one to the other but by pressing the home button I can just use the 3ds memo notebook..... I can not wait to play these again. Yeah they are a bit easy but great fun.

4. Robbo-92 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 11:54

I will definitely be getting these as I never got round to playing them when they were originally released.

5. lrwr14 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 12:46

Awesome. Never actually completed ages, probably because I was young when it first came out. Hope they come out over here.

6. Lego master Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 13:15

The Oracle games and Four Swords Adventures are the only main series zelda games I haven't played so I'm looking forward to when this comes to uk!!!

7. KH81314 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 13:48

Would love to play these. After getting Hyrule Historia I want to play as many Zelda games as I can.

8. alexkinch Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 14:30

Check out my collection in the show us your collection part of the forum in the magazine bit. Hint hint :D

9. hunter metroid Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 14:32

FINALLY!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

10. MartinIsAwesome Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 14:54

Excellent! I'm looking forward to knowing when they will get released on out eShop.
    I already have by Seasons cartridge, so I may just get Ages - although after comparing the vivid colours on the 3DS to the washed out ones on my Game Boy Colour, I might be tempted to get both. I would certainly if there was some kind of promotional incentive for getting both.

11. LOZ_01 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 16:06

awesome news! i had ages when it first came out but never finished it :(
    i will be getting both when they become available. :D

12. Shinnos Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 16:35

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :D

These are the only two Zelda games that I've never played!!
    (Not including the Philips CD-i games because, well, nobody includes those...)

13. Spyrolad Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 16:37

Cannot wait

14. Waldy565 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 16:53

I bought this, then sold it as I had a GBA, just for my mate, playing Pokemon Yellow on his GBA, to tell me that GB games work on GBA's, fffffffff to say the least... Still, REALLY happy, apart from WW and Link's Awakening (if 4 swords on the DS counts haha) these are the only games I haven't played. If they're sold separately, I'm buying both, no doubt!

15. Waldy565 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 16:55

The joint ending?

16. Waldy565 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 17:05

Just watched the trailer: "ZELDA returns in a game that IS JUST TOO BIG FOR ONE" Oh Lord...

17. danbish Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 17:20

This is excellent news. I missed them first time around due to not being a Zelda fan when they were first released, looking forward to playing them both!

18. TheSlenderman Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 17:25

Never played the originals, will get the chance to play them now, though. Can't comment on whether or not they are great games, but they are Zelda titles, so I would expect that they are just fine. :D

19. linkkirby Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 18:06

So happy about this,hopefully it will come to the UK as i was never able to get my hand on one of these games

20. alexkinch Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 19:18

As a huge fan of the top down titles you guys that have not played them are in for a treat. Lots of side quests, dungeons, mounts that give epona a run for her money, Gorons , Zoras , pirates, a love story that spans over a hundred years, exclusive items and great music.

21. KH81314 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 20:12

The only things I'm looking forward to is Monster Hunter 4 and maybe Oracle of Agea/Seasons.

22. HughPR Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 20:38

EDIT: Sorry, there are a couple of spoiler below.

About time too!!! I have waited ages (no pun intended!) for them to produce them on another port. I have OoA and have played it over and over, but my cousin OoS to I've played it less but still all the way through. Imho, apart from maybe OoT, they the LoZ games, easily my favourites. They completely blow the 2 DS games out of the water, on gameplay, length, and replay. There's just so much to love; the mounts (A FLYING BEAR!), time travel, underwater play, season changing, different worlds (ish...), and some of the best boss fights in the series.

Hopefully they'll include an easy-to-use inter-game thing so that I can finally fight Twinrova and Ganon.

Nintendo, I've been playing Guild Wars 2 a lot since August and have barely touched my DS/3DS/Wii, thank you for giving me a reason to go back!

Phew...I'm a bit hyper now...

23. m_lockier Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 01:34

I played and completed Seasons never had Ages. Due to the guide I had, it showed a code in the back (intentional or not) that allowed you to play the second run through on Seasons, that you would normally have to get by completing Ages, though sadly, I didn't get the final code for Seasons, just the code for Ages. This was back before I was on the internet so I couldn't scower my way through the web in search of the codes.

24. MartinIsAwesome Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 13:12

The joint ending?

I was thinking more of a discount like they will have in Japan.