Awesome new Monster Hunter 4 trailer

See some incredible new monsters

New monsters, climbing, raising glasses in the pub! It's all in this incredible Monster Hunter 4 trailer.

Monster Hunter 4 was showcased in style for 3DS during Nintendo Direct on Thursday morning and you can see all the action from this epic 3DS game by watching the trailer below.

The Monster Hunter 4 release date is set for the summer in Japan but it may be a while before it comes to the UK. After all, Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate - a game that was released in Japan in December 2011 - is only coming to the UK in March.

Comments

1. Lulz Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 12:28

Maybe now I can watch it without it lagging the hell out on me...

2. RiksilveR Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 12:39

ASDFGHJGKKLJHH AMAZING
    Absolutely can't wait for this, I'm glad that MH3U will be here to keep me busy until it's released because otherwise I might have to move to Japan just to get this sooner.
    The new monsters look awesome, and don't get me started on the creepy undead ones. Looks like they really are focusing on a better story this time around. That giant scaly tail at the end looks promising too.
    I'm glad to see piggy's back as well!
    Also, am I the only one who thinks that the Khezu armour the character was wearing when he was jumping around looked a bit Assassin's Creedish? I think he should be called Khezio.

3. Erdogan44 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 12:43

JNBJKFHGHORIGHEG
    GREIGJH'OIAERHJAH'OIRTGHJIOHARE
    HARTOHJAOTRPHOPJ

WOAH. That game looks BEAUTIFUL. The new monsters, renders and online mode?!

This is excellent! The end post-credit scene of that giant new leviathan monster looks terrific!

Super super excited.

4. lrwr14 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 13:22

wow wow WOW, That was amazing. I was a bit sceptical about this at the start, but after seeing some new gameplay I am hoping this comes out over here. It's nice to see some old monsters return, such as: congalala, Gypceros and the Kut-Ku, with new moves. This new virus thing looks interesting, as I've mentioned before this looks like Capcom are actually trying to put a storyline behind the game. The new charge axe also looks good, liking the transition between the two modes.

5. CyberGW Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 14:02

That looks like a brilliant 3DS game! The graphics are amazing and the gameplay looks really free and fun.
    Is it coming out on Wii U and other consoles as well, or is it a 3DS exclusive? If it's an exclusive, then the console is going to massively benefit from such an epic game!

6. KaptainKrauser Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 14:21

I really can't imagine how epic this is going to be online. Consider this game reason enough to buy a 3DS (if you haven't already).

7. Mew3 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 15:28

I have never played a monster hunter game before and I am trying to decide between tri and 4, so with all the great monsters, online, the fact that it looks like it has a storyline and that plant-snake thing, I'm definitely going to buy this when it comes out.

8. hamzahdsi Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 16:39

Is it just me or does Monster Hunter 4 look more alien compared to the other MH games. I mean, from what i can see it looks more like a platformer with all the jumping and climbing.

9. hamzahdsi Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 16:47

Hi. One thing we should get straight here is that Monster Hunter has a weak storyline. But this isn't a problem you see, you will realise soon that MH games don't really require much of a storyline and that the game is purely based on the combat gameplay. Basically, if you want a kickass game where you defeat mahoosive monsters and grow stronger as you progress then Monster Hunter is the game for you. If you want a storyline, i wouldn't recommend it at all.

10. KH81314 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 17:03

This game looks awesome. Love Monster Hunter and I'm waiting for the demo for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate to come out.

11. Waldy565 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 18:11

OOHHH that WAS MH4... I only just watched the Japanese Direct, thought it was MH3G footage... (Ultimate over here, obviously). OH, I really want this! But I also want Animal Crossing: NL! And Assassin's Creed! and Watch Dogs! Ffffuuu...!
    EDIT: Watching trailer for third time, first time properly though. Up to 1 min mark: Very interesting monsters, and the lightning sparks, is that the monster or the weapon? Speaking of weapons, they look like hybrids if two weapons like in MH3... What, you try having a convo with your girl while watching MH AND posting here! hehe Errr, neeeeext: I hope all them characters are support characters, the cast is looking more and more like LOTR! Lovin' the dwarfs!
    Oooo, what's the MYSTERIOUS black stuff? Haha! OH SHI-! WHAT WAS THAT!? Damn freaky undead. VERY cool armour, the purple guy on the left at 2:12-ish, I aspire to be him, in-game and not hehe! The four-player looks slick, let's hope that was online not just local! And the naval gameplay, was that similar to Tri? Never got to play it to that point... Aaaand that's about it... OK, Marie, all attention on you now haha!

12. Mew3 Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 19:39

I don't really care if the storyline's weak, I'm just saying that it looks amazing and even a weak storyline would be better than no idea of why you're risking your life to kill things (besides the fact that it's fun and the monsters look great).

13. Xenobladeperson Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 19:45

hype hype hype hype hype

14. hamzahdsi Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 19:48

Sure, i just wanted to put it out there.

Also

hype hype hype hype hype

15. vtheyoshi Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 20:01

I shall be getting both this and MH3U.

16. light_goose Thursday 21st Feb 2013 at 21:37

Would you recommend getting 3U or waiting until this comes out if I've never played a Monster Hunter before?

17. CraigEmberson Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 01:16

Is it me or is there some kind of Zelda tribute-like things in this? A big Jabu-Jabu looking whale in the same pose and a guy who looks like Peter Pan.

Also, noticed the female character that says "Hai!" is a voice clip that has been used in a Zelda game before... It seems like the same as Darksiders II uses Sound Effects from a library that Nintendo also uses for theirs (Coins being Wolf Link's chains, as well as some sfx from Skyward Sword).

18. RiksilveR Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 10:12

They reuse sfx in lots of games; I'm pretty sure the genesis scanner in Resi revelations uses some of the same noises as Metroid Prime Hunters' scanner.

Either get both, or if you're seriously worried about not liking them, get MHFU on PSP if you have a PSP. It'll only be about a tenner. There isn't much point waiting for this to see if you like the series because a) it'll take ages to be localised and b) it's changing the formula of the series a lot.