F-Zero Wii U Virtual Console trailer

Have you downloaded it yet?

Nearly 21 years on and F-Zero still wows us with its speed. Take a look at this trailer of the SNES original running on the Wii U Virtual Console to see what we mean. And if you haven't downloaded it yet, what are you waiting for? It's 30p!

Loading video...

Comments

1. tohaker Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 10:28

I don't care whether these games appeal to me at all - 30p and about 40mb per download it's cheaper for all 6 than buying one terrible DSiWare game :D

2. Herbert_Rarr Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 10:29

30p is a lot of money. You could buy two whole Freddos with that!

3. MartinIsAwesome Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:23

That guy didn't crash into the wall once! Shenanigans, I tell you! SHENANINGANS!

4. JoeOdranDoran Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:25

I love this game so damn much! Passing every car - even the generic ones - is a challenge, the line you take in cornering makes a real difference, the soundtrack is Snes music at its peak, the difficulty is insane... I could gush about F-Zero all day long.

5. danbish Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 13:02

I gave it a download last night and it looks gorgeous! You can see straight away Nintendo have given it some shine and polish - the SNES sprites look amazing in HD! :D

6. Waldy565 Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 14:05

Well, never played a F-Zero game, so I'll go download this now, seeming as I got a good 45 mins before work! Let the good times roll!

7. S0raBuzz Saturday 23rd Feb 2013 at 01:42

30p is a lot of money. You could buy two whole Freddos with that!

Sadly not in this economy. Freddos are about 30 each now.

8. S0raBuzz Saturday 23rd Feb 2013 at 01:44

Great game but I've gotta ask, are all the 30p games gonna be the ones we got for free in the 3DS ambassador program?

9. danbish Saturday 23rd Feb 2013 at 10:26

Nope. Super Metroid, Kirby's Adventure and Donkey Kong are in there - and I'm really hoping that Donkey Kong is the full, four level version and not the stripped down three level version I fell for on Wii's VC. I'm almost positive it will be but I'm still hoping it won't be.

10. theguygamer Sunday 24th Feb 2013 at 09:13

Still yet to download F-Zero because I have been messing around on the MH3U demo. Is it as good as I remember? My childhood seems to remember the original F-Zero as being AWESOME!

11. angrybaldman666 Sunday 24th Feb 2013 at 14:16

Why are these not coming out on the 3DS :evil: I Think Nintendo are missing a trick here. Playing SNES games on the go would be great. First of all there is no F-Zero or anything like it for the 3DS/DS then there is the Donkey Kong Country games( Yes I know that Donkey Kong Country Returns) is coming but what about the the Original SNES Games, and Super StarWars games and then the list goes on (Rock 'N Roll Racing, Super Mario All-Stars, Zombies Ate My Neighbors,Super Castlevania IV, Super Contra,Super Metroid,Sunset Riders,Super Pang,Phalanx,UN Squadron,Super Ghouls N' Ghosts,Lemmings,R-Type III: The Third Lightning) I know I have gone on and on but the list could go bigger but these where just some of the games I played and would play again sorry about the rant :D

12. Spyrolad Sunday 24th Feb 2013 at 15:50

The trailer could've just been a black screen with the big blue music and it would have still been awesome!