Retro City Rampage coming to WiiWare next week

Another good week for downloads?

With Castlevania, Monster Hunter demos plus NightSky and F-Zero, it's been a good week in the Wii U and 3DS eShops. Well, next week could also be decent as Retro City Rampage is coming to WiiWare.

Developed by VBlankEntertainment, Retro City Rampage is like Grand Theft Auto crossed with Back To The Future on a retro console. You are The Player, a thug, who steals a time travelling telephone booth and is propelled forward in time to the year 20XX. However the booth breaks when he arrives and you must work with a character called Doc Choc to gather the rare parts needed to repair the time booth, while avoiding the law., his former employer Jester, and Dr. Von Buttnik, Doc Choc's rival. Here's a trailer:

Retro City Rampage costs 1,000 Points but will include Rom City Pampage as part of the package which lets you experience what Retro City Rampage could've been like if it were actually released in the '80s. Apparently it's 100% NES hardware-accurate.

Will you download Retro City Rampage?

Comments

1. Slinkington Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:16

Not on the Wi U eShop? Why are they supporting the Wii and 3DS so much. The Wii U has horrible support right now. Yes, we can play it on the Wii U, but I'd rather it be on the Wii U eShop.

2. phoenixology Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:17

I would, but find the Wii mode irritating.

WiiWare titles should appear on the Wii U eShop and be on the dashboard.

3. Fidu Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:41

I have this game on Steam and I love it. Very funny too. :)

4. JoeOdranDoran Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:43

I might just get it. And while the Wii function on the Wii U is a pain, it's miles better than the PS4's backward compatibility, which is to say, it actually exists.

5. MartinIsAwesome Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 11:59

I was interested, and there's something about it that's enticing (mainly the retro charm and pop-culture references), But that trailer makes it look just so eclectic and confusing. I'll definitely be waiting for your review before making up my mind.

6. jaco_p Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 12:17

Looks really excellent! hmm, steam or wii?

7. metalgario Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 12:20

It looks good but play's terrible, tried a demo on PS3 and wasn't impressed by the GTA gameplay.

8. danbish Friday 22nd Feb 2013 at 13:05

I'm really looking forward to this and I have every intention of buying it but I wish they'd have released it on the WiiU eShop too. I need something to play from the WiiU eShop as what's on there (the virtual console titles aside) just isn't taking my interest.