Mighty Switch Force 2 announced for 3DS

Patricia Wagon to return to the eShop in a few months

Mighty Switch Force 2 has been announced for 3DS. Yes, Patricia Wagon will return in a sequel to the 3DS eShop original in the next couple of months.

Announced during the Destructoid show S'up Holmes, WayForward director Audtin Ivansmith didn't reveal much about the game but did reveal that Patricia Wagon does have a surprise career change.

You may remember that the original platformer saw Wagon attempting to find escaped convicts, switching blocks in and out of the scenery to create platforms. One of the best 3DS eShop games, Mighty Switch Force arrived on Wii U last year armed with remixed levels. However, this is an all-new sequel, a first for WayForward's Mighty series.

Ivansmith said: "Mighty Switch Force was so much fun to make, [we thought] let's do another one, let's change it up and put out another game for the 3DS. It should come out in the next few months."

As for a price, Ivansmith added: "We don't have a price but it's going to be reasonable, in the ballpark of the original."

Were you a fan of Mighty Switch Force? Are you looking forward to the sequel?

Comments

1. vix_chan Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 10:18

Ohh, intresting, i have the first on on my 3DS, but haven't complete all the missions yet...

2. MartinIsAwesome Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 14:05

No way! That's brilliant news! I love the first one and have played it to death. Best part of the news is that Jake Kaufman is back to do the music, something which I would load the game sometimes just to listen to (until I released you can download the soundtrack for free).
    And the fact that that it'll be released in the coming months is the cherry on the icing on the cake.

3. mushroomchow Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 14:11

This was awesome news, coming the day after I reviewed Hyper Drive edition! Can't wait!

4. Version10.151 Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 21:15

Great news! I skipped the first on as I heard it was too short, but if this sequel proves to be more substantial I'll most likely get it!

5. MistaChristopher Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 21:18

Sweet! First game rocked, hope this one delivers.

6. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 14:24

It is rather short at onlt 21 stages, but I still highly recommend you play it.