6 coolest things in the new Monster Hunter 4 trailer

John Vekinis explains some of the highlights

Recently we have been treated to a hearty Monster Hunter 4 trailer. Capcom has been kind enough to show off new features as well as elaborating on already known features so here's a few exciting bits and bobs that I noticed while watching the trailer.

New Monster [0:22]

The trailer begins by showing of a new, cobra like monster complete with a scaly hood around it's neck. With the ability to coil around a hunter, it looks pretty imposing but the fact that it looks like a parrot doesn't help its street-cred.

Climbing [0:50]

We get a sense that the environment will play a bigger role in this Monster Hunter game than in any before it. We can see a hunter scaling the walls of a cave to get closer to a Khezu and a raging Gypceros chasing a hunter along the sides of a cliff.

Charge Axe [1:10]

We're treated to a more in depth look at the new Charge Axe. Resembling the great sword and switch axe found in Monster Hunter Tri, it can be charged up to deal a massive blow or be treated more like a sword and shield to parry away attacks.

Previous 1 2 Next page

Comments

1. torterratrainer Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 16:26

i like the new snake monster but i do need to know : where do i cut the tail off?
    also I would love to battle the Khezu as it's definitive a gigginox beater in the scare factor :D

2. TomMc92 Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 16:28

I really enjoyed this trailer, showed of lots of new features in the game, i know we won't get it till next year or the year after but still can't wait to play it. Excitied already about playing MH3U and this looks great possibly even better. Can't wait to fight all the new monsters that last dragon it showed looked bigger than any other monster i've seen before, could be a new elder dragon we'd have to wait and see. With the added online mutliplayer it's really turning out to be one to keep a look out for!

3. lrwr14 Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 17:19

The snake monster looks like Raviente, which was in MH Frontier.

4. Xenobladeperson Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 17:26

Why did you even mention climbing? It's been around in past games.

5. Nintendo fan 1 Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 18:10

Last Thursday I played the monster hunter 3 ultimate demo. I didn't, like the graphics too much and the time limit detracted from the experience, also the controls were annoying. However on a more positive note the range of classes was amazing! As well as the adorable Cha Cha and good gameplay. Sadly I'll give this a miss, nevertheless I'm heavily anticipating the incredible animal crossing (new leaf) and fire emblem awakening. Oh by the way this is my first comment LOL!

6. lrwr14 Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 18:59

Missions last 50 minutes in the full game, it's only 20 as Capcom don't want you doing to much in the demo.

7. Mew3 Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 19:21

This game looks amazing. It's my second most anticipated game (after x and y but before animal crossing).

8. KH81314 Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 19:26

Why did you even mention climbing? It's been around in past games.

Seems much more focused on in this game and used for battle. What I'm confused about is why its mentioned here we already knew about it from past trailers.

9. Xenobladeperson Monday 25th Feb 2013 at 21:55

The demo wasn't that great, get the WiiU version for online multiplayer and superior controls. And the time limit is much more reasonable in the full game.

And those were just default classes, in the actual game you can customize and forge different pieces of armour and weapons.

10. GiftedGimp Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 15:14

Big Fan of Mh1 & 2, never played 3 till the demo and kind of agree with you, but also know that there is a lot more to MH than the demo reveals.

I think the biggest problem with WiiU Mh3, is that its a Upgraded Wii Game, I'm sort of on the fence about it tbh. Yes I know I will enjoy it, but with Most Wanted coming out and the Lego (forget its full title now) game out soon I might just wait untill Mh4, or till a time it can be brought for around 20 quid.