Watch Dogs Wii U is a natural fit for the GamePad

"We're still investigating how we'll use the tablet on the Wii U," says producer

Ubisoft are still working out how they'll use the GamePad in Watch Dogs Wii U but, according to Senior Producer Dominic Guay, the controller is a "natural fit" for the game.

Watch Dogs was confirmed for Wii U last week but Ubisoft revealed no details about the Nintendo version of the game which has been exciting fans since its appearance at E3 2012.

Loading video...

Speaking with Digital Spy, Guay said: "We're still investigating how we'll use the tablet on the Wii U, but with the things I mentioned before, for us it's not going to be a weird stretch.

"It's natural. What's really cool with Watch Dogs, when we start thinking of those devices, it's not a weird abstraction, it's not like I'm a space alien and now I'm using a tablet. Why am I doing that?

"Aiden Pearce is using a device to control the city, so it's quite easy to imagine what we could do with that."

Of course, Ubisoft mastered the Wii U GamePad with ZombiU, so it will be interesting to see how the Montreal studio make use of the controller in Watch Dogs Wii U. Do you have any ideas?

Comments

1. Rio-roller Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 10:29

im throwing money at my screen but nothings happening?
    seriously why do we need GTA5 when we are getting this?
    p.s im a big GTA fan but watch dogs looks amazing!

2. debris Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 12:45

I really hope this wont be a lazy port but something closer to the PC and PS4 version, because the WiiU can do a lot better than the PS3 and Xbox if pushed, its good to see this coming to WiiU though, it could turn out to be a great game.

3. Redfish20 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 13:13

If it's just touch screen menus/buttons/etc. I'll be content.

4. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 13:41

A map and a inventory would be fine.
    I just can't wait for this!

5. KH81314 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 13:51

Ubisoft is going to do a great job with this. Can't wait for it to come out.

6. lrwr14 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 14:19

Looking forward to this, and I'm glad that it's coming to Wii U.

7. jaco_p Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 15:23

This game looks amazing i will get this on WiiU

8. Mr Roboto Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 20:06

Took the words right out of my mouth!

If the Wii U's version gets the extra attention it deserves and Ubisoft take advantage of the extra power of the Wii U's GPGPU then our version should be awesome!

9. harrogatewario Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 08:45

Really looking forward to this with how well Ubi did with ZombiU. It's gone some way to help me forgive them for the Rayman delay.

Bayonetta 2, Lego City Undercover, Aliens and this are all games I'm setting loot aside for. Plenty for me to be going on with over the next 12 months or so. :)

10. BlackAce_2121 Monday 4th Mar 2013 at 06:21

I can't wait for this game to come to wii u, it nice to see ubisoft still supporting the wii u ( if I've forgiven them for the rayman incident so can u) it just goes to show if more 3rd party devs just sat down and thought of all the awesome things that wii u can do then then we'd have games coming out of the wazo.
    P.S what is a wazo any way?