We're launching the Official Pokemon Magazine next month, subscribe now for £5!

First issue comes with four free Pokemon gifts

The first ever issue of the Official Pokemon Magazine will be released on 20 March. That's right, the team behind ONM have been working hard to bring Pokemon fans a new monthly magazine devoted to all things Pokemon. That's the videogames, the Trading Card Game, the TV shows, the films and more.

The first issue goes on sale on 20 March and costs £3.99 but if you subscribe now you can get the first three issues for £5. So not only will you be getting the first magazine with four free Pokemon gifts but you'll also receive two further issues in April and May for little more than the price of a single magazine.

Official Pokemon Magazine issue 1
Official Pokemon Magazine issue 1
Four free gifts? For starters, there's a massive double-sided poster featuring the final evolutions of Pokemon Black and White Starters Tepig, Oshawott and Snivy. Who wouldn't want Emboar, Serperior and Samurott on their wall?

We've also got a Pokemon sticker sheet featuring Pokemon Black and White 2 cover star Kyurem, plus Reshiram, Zekrom and many more.

Then there are some Pokemon door hangers with Pikachu on one side and Meowth on the other.

Finally, you'll also get four Pokemon badges featuring Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott and Pikachu.

Also, each issue will come with a free gift, so there will be further Pokemon goodies to look forward to in April and May.

13 issues of the Official Pokemon Magazine will be released a year, all edited by ONM Editor-in-Chief Chandra Nair.

Like the sound of that? Subscribe now for £5!

Comments

1. Zaphod_B Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 12:18

Subscribe link doesn't work for me...Could I ask what the subscription rate would be after the first few for a fiver? Thinking that a year's worth would be a good present for someone!

2. tomonm Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 12:24

Sorry. Subscribe link should be working now.

3. Zaphod_B Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 12:30

Link works a treat now, cheers for that Tom!

4. B. Charmander Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 12:39

This is great news. I started to collect the Pokemon Official Magazine that was launched in 2004 but was disappointed when it was discontinued after the second issue. If I could make one request for the magazine, it would be that you appeal to Pokemon fans from ALL generations and age groups. I'm 21 and still very much into the games (not so much the show now), so it would be awesome to see features covering Red and Blue all the way to the present day. Maybe you could also look at iconic moments from the past, such as digging into photo archives for images of fans during the height of the hype when Pokemon first came to the UK - yep, i'm a sucker for nostalgia. :lol: Good luck guys!

5. King Slazo Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 12:48

Considering that Pokémon World proved that there just isn't anywhere near the volume of content to justify a monthly magazine, combined with Serebii and Bulbapedia being far easier pools of information for everything Pokémon I could ever want, I'll give this a miss, sorry.

6. B. Charmander Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 13:00

I'm not sure that I agree. Pokemon World is not/was not (it's been years since I bought an issue, so not sure if it's still even in circulation) an official publication, whereas this magazine will presumably be able to make full use of the Pokemon license. That said, i'm very wary that NOM launched a similar magazine nearly 10 years ago that lasted for only two issues.

Time will tell, and at the moment i'm probably just as sceptical, but at least for now i'm excited to see a monthly magazine dedicated to all things Pokemon back on the UK High Street.

7. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 13:39

I might grab a copy next month,but I can't see they'll be enough Pokemon content to justify a monthly magazine,but hey we'll see.

8. KH81314 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 13:53

Interesting to see how well this will do.

9. dap005 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 14:17

I thought Chandra wasn't fond of the series or did he recently convert to a poke-fan like Gav did? I suppose you don't have to be a fan to edit a magazine though :P

10. ChandraONM Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 14:34

I'm a big Pokémon fan but I think some of the recent videogames don't live up to the hype, that's all.
    I love Pokémon as a brand and the Pokémon themselves.

Also, I just want to be very clear that this magazine is not going to be ONM for Pokémon.
    They are very different offerings.

11. CaptainSnivy Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 14:40

It's a really nice thought because I've always wanted an Official Pokemon Magazine, but I just think that the combination of Bulbapedia, Serebii, Smogon, and other websites is much better (plus, it's free). However, I really appreciate what you're doing here and I'll probably get the first issue just to see what it's like and to support the team.

12. EighteenSky Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 15:15

I'll likely buy a few issues, glad there is an official magazine now though as Pokémon/Pocket World was a bit cack. If you can keep a steady stream of good quality features then it should be able to last.

13. Mew3 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 15:27

Just how long is this magazine exactly? I hope it's not like Pocket World (my brother gets it, but he's only 8 so he can't tell how bad it is even though I tell him :( ), I'll point this out to him and maybe he'll actually start reading something of actual quality. :roll:

14. CyberGW Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 15:52

This sends very interesting. I'll definitely pick up the first issue (probably subscribe) and then I'll see how good it is.
    But with Chandra as editor, it should end up being great. Really excited.

15. rayquaza9999 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 16:02

It would be great if it sold, but the Pokemon Official Magazine (2004) and Pokemon World shows that it probably won't.
    Not only that but almost all of Future's gaming magazines have taken a hit in readership. Nintendo Power and the physical version of Nintendo Gamer were both recently cancelled, the later just months after re branding. It would be nice if it works (and I'll probably buy it regardless due to Future's having a history of quality magazine's) but I really don't how it could be profitable as the gaming magazine market is fading so unless there is some major innovation and marketing I don't see this lasting more than a year.

16. Pyron12 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 16:21

Depending on what you get, I might subscribe but I would have to cancel my ONM subscription! :(

17. MatthewONM Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 16:25

Don't do it! I should really state that the Pokemon magazine is *quite* different to ONM. And I'd like to think that we cover all your Pokemon needs in good enough detail in the magazine...

18. pokemaniac 212 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 16:35

As a few others have said I'm not sure if there's enough content to justify a dedicated monthly magazine, but I'll certainly pick up the first issue to find out.

19. Captain Kuchiki Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 16:45

Put in my 3 month subscription order! Let's hope it does better than the last one.

In regards to content...considering the international launch of XY...I'm wondering if our monthly issues will have XY news synchronised with Japan's CoroCoro?

20. PeterR Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 16:54

Three issues for a fiver, I'm trying that out definitely, hopefully it'll be good.

21. wghtmf Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 17:02

This is great news for me, because I've always wanted a good magazine with a section about the Pokémon TCG. I won't start getting the mag just yet, though, because I don't want spoilers for X and Y.

22. Pokefan93 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 17:26

What would republic of Ireland come under? Im guessing it would be europe?

23. widdlersbrew Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 17:54

I don't think I'm going to be replacing ONM or PC Gamer for this, somehow.

24. OrangeRakoon Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 18:14

Think I'll pick this up and have a read

25. TheVelvetRoom Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 18:24

Not ashamed to say I want it for those badges.

26. ThePokekid78 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 18:24

You literally said it for me there, bro.

Maybe I'll pick up a copy once X/Y are out, then at least there'll be a fair bit to write about (for the first few months, at least)...

27. neko paul Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 18:30

I remember back in gameboy Advance era there was a An Official Pokemon Magazine but It only ran For two issues and suddenly vanished and to top it all off I got star latter in that second issues (I never did get that star prize). So I'm just hoping that this one last a lot longer than that one did.

28. Mastearl Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 19:01

While I can remember the old official one was good, its just odd that this exists now. Ill try it as it may be well written and they could take advantage of the magazine format in a way that the internet doesn't

When you say its different to ONM, how is that? Like the split between NOM, & POM back then or will it be more aimed at a more child friendly audience?

29. TheImprobableOne Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 19:46

That "for starters" better be deliberate. And I struggle to see how you'll fill many magazines, seeing as how often and how long Pokemon dry spells occur for.

30. Nick McRae Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 19:52

Subscribed. Three months is long enough to see if a magazine has legs I reckon and well for a fiver it's nothing really!

31. wooden spoon Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 20:27

Great news! Even though I use the internet to stay up to date with news it's still more satisfying to have something you love in physical form, especially if it's officially licensed. Pleased to hear that it will cover the whole franchise. I can't subscribe so hope it will be well stocked in shops!

32. Zanzangoose Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 20:46

Finally! A mag I can stay up late reading after a hard day of work :) Thanks guys! Can't wait!

33. Version10.151 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 21:15

Well considering he said the pokemon series had 'average gameplay' and that 'the DS games looked liked they belonged on a GBA' in the most recent issue, I doubt he's converted. :)

34. GloverMist Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 21:44

I guess I'll get the Ł5 offer, it is pretty good value. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be too childish, as Pokémon World did. :roll:

35. dap005 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 23:48

I love Pokémon as a brand and the Pokémon themselves.

They are very different offerings.

Ah sorry for my misconception. Everyone has different opinions on the new games and that's completely fine. Regardless you'll do a brilliant job no dealt. As it's different to ONM I'm even more intrigued to see what the magazines will be like (though I do hope for a humorous tone!).

36. Misanthropy Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 03:46

I think the free gifts are to ensure you buy the magazine instead of just reading it in the newsagents which you can't do if its in a bag which contains the free gifts.

37. Dean Thompson Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 16:23

On a related note, does anyone know what's going on with PVGC 2013 in the UK this year?

38. Blob-Omb2 Friday 1st Mar 2013 at 18:28

So Future Publishing scrap Nintendo Gamer due to 'lack of funding' and then bring out a new Pokemon? Sorry team but that makes me mad.

39. Herbert_Rarr Saturday 2nd Mar 2013 at 15:26

Does this mean I won't have to waste my money anymore on skipped pages full of Pokemon tish in the ONM?

40. cthesupergenius Saturday 16th Mar 2013 at 16:04

Are you going to cover the Pokemon Adventures Manga as well? Because that rules. It's a lot better than the anime.

41. 0Minutes Sunday 17th Mar 2013 at 02:01

I've only just recently decided to get in to pokemon and since I have I've been after gifts and other pokemon related things,So hopefully this magazine is the answer to my questions,Looking forward to the magazine.