LEGO Batman 2 Wii U confirmed for release this spring

DC super heroes descend on Wii U

DC's finest super heroes will now be starring in two Wii U games this year. We already know about Injustice: Gods Among Us but now Warner have confirmed that LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes is coming to Wii U, with a release date set for spring 2013.

LEGO Batman 2 will become the second LEGO game of 2013 when it is released for Wii U after LEGO City Stories. Of course the game has already been released for Wii and 3DS and has sold 3.4 million copies on all formats but this new version will shake things up by making use of the Wii U GamePad.

You can use the interactive map on the GamePad to navigate through Gotham City and you can also touch the screen to assemble a powerful team of heroes.

You can also play only on the GamePad or invite a friend to join you in co-op mode with one fighting crime on the TV and the other on the Wii U controller.

You see, the Joker and his team of super villains including Lex Luthor, The Penguin and Harley Quinn are up to no good and Batman needs help from his friends, including Superman and Robin, to defend Gotham City.

Will it be worth buying? Read our LEGO Batman 2 Wii review to see what we thought of the original.

Comments

1. tohaker Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 17:03

I don't see the point. It was released on every other platform so long ago that everyone who wants it probably already has it. I have it on Mac for 7 and that's fine by me. I think they should focus on City: Undercover instead.

2. widdlersbrew Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 17:55

Slightly nicer graphics and some poor gamepad integration for an average game? Day one must-buy, for sure.

3. Scraggy man Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 19:35

The thing that strikes me is... why?

I mean its been out for what 2 years now and unless your not adding a ton of new characters mission and wonderful goodies making it worth picking up again then who really is going to but this over a far cheaper Wii version

4. Shinnos Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 19:49

I played the 3DS version recently and it was fun, but I'd rather wait for the Marvel Lego game TBH...

5. Mr Roboto Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 19:54

Another port I have already played ages ago yippee! :roll:

6. Lego master Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 20:00

I never got this on the Wii so I may get this, however other Lego games such as Undercover and Marvel are more of a priority to me now.

7. KH81314 Tuesday 26th Feb 2013 at 20:10

Why would they release this? Lego already has multiple new Lego games coming out soon.

8. NP Chilla Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 00:24

I don't have it but I want it.

So I'll be snapping up the Wii U version.

Simple as that.

9. TheNUKEnukeM Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 16:52

This has just inspired me to buy it on xbox. I wanted to play it when it came out last year but money problems. I dont own a Wii U yet either. So yeah, they have sold another copy on the completely wrong format as a result of this port. You have to update the post now, it has sold 3,400,001 copies. I just brought one. Yipee. Well done. I dont like how it the post it said this is the second best lego game this year after Lego City Undercover. What happens if when it comes out it is terrible. Its unlikely but it is a possibility. And I would put the Avengers or what ever, above it as well to be honest.