Wii Mini price set at £79.99

Amazon and GAME reveal prices for new Wii

The Wii Mini price has been set at £79.99 in GAME and Amazon. The two stores posted the same price for the new, smaller console that is aimed at families.

The Wii Mini UK release date has been set for 22 March but you can pre-order the console now from GAME or Amazon for £79.99. You can also pre-order from ShopTo for £84.85 where you can currently buy the blue Wii console bundle (with Mario And Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games) for the same price.

Would you consider buying a Wii Mini at that price?

Comments

1. Maggnum Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 12:18

looks nice, but it has some draw backs.
    reminds me of the old famicoms

2. mandlecreed Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 12:18

Comes with a free t-shirt with, "I got mugged by Nintendo," on it.

3. nick_gc Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 12:21

That's a full 10 too much.

4. King Slazo Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 12:24

If you can buy the "proper" Wii for the same price... why would you ever buy the Mini...?

5. tomonm Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 12:41

Well, it is cheaper than the Wii in Amazon and Game. It's only at ShopTo that it's the same price as the regular Wii and that's only because they've got a special offer on the Wii. Not saying that you should buy it - just pointing out some facts.

6. ledreppe Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 12:49

"Would you consider buying a Wii Mini at that price?" You're kidding ONM, aren't you? Why would I buy a Wii that doesn't have WiFi?! You can get a second hand Wii regular for less that 79.99 off eBay!

I noticed Amazon were charging over 100 for the Wii Mini the other day, I thought 'I'd certainly never buy it at that price', but it seems to have been a mistake, as it's been lowered.

7. Scraggy man Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 13:38

Still wondering why? Maybe if they had it filled with online games already downloaded then it might peak intreste but why now?

8. Nintimdo Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 13:51

its a beautiful looking console but it is also pointless

9. Dean Thompson Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 14:01

Could (correction 'Will') be rare in the future. Collectors item but otherwise no.

10. turnmebackwards Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 16:16

Should be no more then 40.00 it's just a bare-bone Wii system and a pointless release from Nintendo I really do wonder what goes on at Nintendo HQ sometimes :shock:

11. C00LI098 Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 16:43

There's no way I'm paying about 90 for a red nunchuk. ;)

12. TheSlenderman Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 16:44

This is like trying to sell someone an ironing board; you already have one, don't you? You don't need another one, do you?
    Thought not. :wink:

13. K-tet Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 16:59

While I like the system in terms of its looks, this is nothing more than a novelty, perhaps even a gimmick. I doubt it will sell.

It isn't even worth 40. If anything, 29.99 should be THE max price, further proof retailers like ripping us off. If you can grab a Model 1 Wii second-hand for 40, which has far more functionality than both the Model 2 Wii and the Wii Mini, then that basically tells you that you don't need a system like this, especially at the 79.99 asking price.

Also, Wii U anyone? Wii should go gracefully and not be seen again as far as I'm concerned. It has virtually achieved its 100million units sold milestone (and wouldn't be surprised come the end of this current fiscal year to have nudged over that).

14. TheNUKEnukeM Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 17:01

Comes with a free t-shirt with, "I got mugged by Nintendo," on it.

I might get that written on a mug.
    To be honest its not designed for us is it? It designed for children under the age of 9 who want a first system. And there is no better system for them to be honest. Its old to the point where it has a really good software library backing it up, but new to the point where games are still coming out and it looks half decent. Parents will be willing to pay 80 and the kids would probably get there moneys wroth out off it. There is no wifi but I doubt their parents dont want them online so that is well and good and the parents want to buy them a NEW system and probably don't know as much about shopping around as we do. I mean we are experts arent we? We know what is a good price and whats not. And okay that price isnt amazing, but it certainly isnt bad.

15. CyberGW Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 17:11

It's not a bad price, but I wouldn't get one to the massive lack of features.

16. danbish Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 17:14

It's not a bad price, but I wouldn't get one to the massive lack of features.

See, as a lover and collecter of all things Nintendo, I'd be tempted to buy one BUT, 80 is asking too much for it especially when all the Wii features have been stripped out and you can already buy a standard Wii for the same price.

I have to say though, it looks brilliant!

17. wii_love_u Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 17:41

don't really want to buy it, but would point out that a wii remote plus costs 40 and a nunchuck costs 15, the actual console only costs 25 :D

18. liveswired Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 18:00

It's still a rip off.

19. Riverlution Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 20:51

It would have made sense a few years ago when they launched those Wiis without the gamecube compatibility. But now, when it is truly at the end of its life? No amount of money will make me buy one.

20. radabie86 Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 20:53

Im snapping one up for my five year old and two year old to share in their room on day one of release with a couple of classic games, dont know which ones yet maybe Donkey Kong Country Returns and one of the Kirby games (never got to finish these games) They love my Wii U and 3ds so this will be a nice treat for them. :)

21. TrafalgarLaw Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 22:38

No wifi is a deal breaker...otherwise I would have bought it.

22. RainbowGazelle Wednesday 27th Feb 2013 at 23:26

Surely bringing out this new Wii is an excuse to release Kirby's Dream Collection here Nintendo. Please!!! Everyone else got to celebrate his 20th Anniversary.

(I know this message wasn't exactly relevant, but I needed to plead.)

23. nintendoftwman Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 00:12

Just looks good

24. bigterence Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 08:32

A superb release by Ninty.A big two fingers to the " internet with everything" boys. And a day one purchase from me.

25. southendandy Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 16:53

Will definitely get one, even if it is just to put into my Nintendo collection. Have a boxed Virtualboy as well. :D

26. plaing2411 Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 17:08

Get a Wii U instead - more expensive but far, far more in the way of staying power. I wouldn't buy a cheap DS now.

27. liveswired Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 22:44

lmao! :mrgreen:

28. JaySeea Friday 1st Mar 2013 at 09:24

I don't want to be rude to Nintendo , but if you wanted to make a Wii Mini, you should have released BEFORE the Wii U came out. It looked good at first, but it doesn't support Nintendo Gamecube games, and I have a HUGE collection of Gamecube games so that put me off. Also, it doesn't connect to the internet, which I think is bogus! It's nice for travelling to other people's houses as you don't need to connect to the internet, but if your nice and social, like me, get the Wii U or the original Wii.

JaySeea :D :) :D :)