Assassin's Creed 4 Wii U confirmed

See the box art for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Assassin's Creed 4 Wii U has been officially confirmed after Ubisoft released the box art for the game. Ubisoft revealed no further details about Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag but you can expect more information on Monday 4 March at 5pm.

The pack shot shows a new hero standing on a boat, the sort of ship that players controlled in the naval battles Assassin's Creed 3. He's holding a sword and a gun as he stands over a fallen victim.

We can also see a black flag with a skull on the ship's rigging. That's all for now. We'll have more on Monday.

Did you like Assassin's Creed 3? Will you buy Assassin's Creed 4 on Wii U?Judging by the box art, what are you expecting from Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag?

Comments

1. john higgleton Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 11:59

This is awesome news!! I'm really digging the Pirates!
    Now, just to complete 3...

2. deKay Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:11

In the opening hour of ACIII I was thinking - eurgh. I hope this isn't going to be all about pirates.

Then ACIV was announced.

Sigh.

3. Guybrush20X6 Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:11

Although Pirates are overdone in... everything, a more historically accurate look at them (If you discount the parkour and ancient conspiracies) especially when coupled with AC3's excellent ship combat looks like a wining combination.

4. deKay Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:16

Is it wrong to just want an Assassin's Creed game where you just run along rooftops and assassinate people?

You know, like AC 1, 2, B and R.

5. tomonm Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:25

You know, like AC 1, 2, B and R.

Well, you've played them so wouldn't it be nice to have something different as well?

6. King Slazo Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:28

Didn't bother with AC3 because the setting was... well, ridiculous, quite frankly, but this one looks like it could be better. Holding off on judging until I see it in action though.

7. ChipsNGravy Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:31

Excellent. The sailing and sea battles are one of the better moments from ACIII. Glad to see they'll probably be returning. AND hopefully this time it's going to be built from the ground up to be a Wii U game, which will smooth over the problems ACIII has as a port.
    Looking forward to this.

8. Tamzily01 Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:34

How exactly was the American Revolution a ridiculous setting? Admittedly, it wasn't the best, but it was still interesting.

9. ledreppe Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:37

Nice box art.

10. Scraggy man Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:42

More support for the Wii U excellent!
    Go ubisof- *see Rayman legends fans* oh yeah

11. deKay Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:45

Maybe. I'm not really liking how ACIII is progressing (I'm only a few hours in, though), and if IV is further in the same direction, then I'm Banatyning it.

12. King Slazo Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:45

I'm an assassin, now don't mind me as I jump through trees and charge armies on horseback.

13. MatthewONM Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 12:55

I'd wait for Monday before jumping to any conclusions...

14. toffeeman30 Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 13:13

confirmed for wii u. nice to have upcoming releases

15. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 13:15

Pretty happy about that,the Naval battles is one of the best things in AC3.
    I'll be looking forward to seeing what will be revealed on Monday.

16. deKay Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 13:18

I'd wait for Monday before jumping to any conclusions...

ORLY. Hmmm.

17. Nintimdo Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 13:37

Isn't this just more of the same?! the AC series has been milked for all its worth now, with the end of the Desmond story arc Ubi should have shelved the series for a few years before bringing out a new game, i'm personally finished with the series once ive completed AC3.

Watch Dogs is what i'm waiting for now.

18. KH81314 Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 14:12

This looks so cool. Wonder whhat time period it will take place in.

19. lrwr14 Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 14:57

I used to look forward to Assassin's creed games, but now I couldn't care less.

20. deKay Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 15:12

This looks so cool. Wonder whhat time period it will take place in.

Since you play as Kenway's dad, around 50 years before ACIII's opening.

21. turnmebackwards Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 17:04

I've never played any of the Assassin's Creed games :o But it's good news to see this game coming to the Wii U.

22. plaing2411 Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 17:07

Is this really AC4 or AC3.5? Looking forward to it nonetheless, a good great few weeks for Wii U.

23. Argenthor Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 17:09

"I'm an assassin. Don't mind me as I run across rooftops in both Rome and Jerusalem, and also charge through armies on foot"

... yeah, far less ridiculous. If you play the game it actually works well. And you never actually charge armies on horseback!

24. TronFan97 Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 17:50

I wonder if it stars Altiarrrrrrrrr!

25. parasky Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 18:17

All this support from Ubisoft for the wii u is fantastic. While it's still hard to get over what they did with Rayman, all this support from them all of a sudden is a good enough apology for me.

26. Xenobladeperson Thursday 28th Feb 2013 at 18:38

I enjoyed 3, but not sure I have the money to spare, considering the large number of games higher on my wishlist.

27. GiftedGimp Friday 1st Mar 2013 at 00:45

AC1 was average, no doubt about it, but from 2 onwards each installment just gets bettter and better.
    AC3 on WiiU is better than the Ps3 version, imo, only traded in the ps3 version for the WiiU version to see remote play and have the scree features and ecxpected it to not be as good technically than the ps3 version,so that was a pleasant suprise to me.

AC4 on its way (or what ever they end up calling it, more good news for the WiiU/Nintendo/Ubisoft relationship and us the WiiU Gamers.

28. Robbo-92 Friday 1st Mar 2013 at 16:04

Can't wait to play this, I hope (and presume given the setting and the possible name of the game) that there will be a lot of missions based at sea as the navel missions in AC3 were fantastic, or at a push be able to freely roam the sea and battle ships in random encounters.