New Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Screens

See Pikachu in action in Explorers Of Time/Darkness

This summer's big Pokémon event is the release of Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness on DS and here are some all-new screens and art.

The new screens star veteran Pokémon such as Pikachu, Totodile and Torchic but we can also see Chingling, one of the many Diamond/Pearl Pokémon who will feature in the new game.

As with the last Mystery Dungeon game you'll take control of a human who has mysteriously been transformed into a Pokémon. Joining a Pokémon Guild, you'll begin a journey to find out why you've been been turned into Pokémon, all the while trying to stop a Pokemon thief who wants to stop time and plunge the world into darkness. This Pokémon has stolen has travelled back in time and is trying to steal special items called Time Gears which will halt time.

Before embarking on your journey you'll have to undergo a personality test to see which of 16 different Pokémon best suit you and then you can choose a partner. Following this you'll set out on missions to find treasure and help other Pokémon who are in trouble. There are many dungeons and various floors to explore, and because the layout of each dungeon is randomly generated, they're always different.

As you explore each dungeon you'll get stuck into traditional turn-based battles, linking together a Pokémon's moves and using up to four together for powerful combos. Yet, if you are in trouble, you can ask other players to come and help you by sending a rescue request via Wi-Fi connection.

As you can see from the new screens, the visuals have been improved and the dungeons are far more detailed. Hopefully it will be an improvement on the last game which was a bit repetitive.

Comments

1. TomMc92 Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 10:49

8) The game seems interesting but this is not my type of rpg. Im sticking with Final Fantasy! The Wifi is awesome when u are in trouble call a friend to help thats a brillant idea!

2. pokemonash Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 11:10

cool i love pokemon :D

3. Falcon1991 Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 11:45

This is my kind of thing so I can't wait for it.

I loved the original so much.

4. Gordon Ramsey Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 11:56

Good to see the dual screens getting better use this time. One for the Poke-elite only though. :P

5. Anonymous Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 12:23

I originally had doubts about this game after playing the original MD, but, meh, I'll give it a shot! :D

What I crave is more info on Pokemon Ranger: Battonage and Pokemon Platinum. Loving Shaymin's Sky Forme! :wink:

6. Hero of Winds Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 14:55

You just made me puke. Thats one of Game Freak's worst creations ever. Aside from Lucas new outfit that is :twisted:

Anyway, I've been looking forward to this for a long time. I was a big fan of the original, and this looks even better :D

7. Anonymous Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 16:22

Nah, I think the sky forme looks rather nifty! I prefer it to the standard Shaymin.

8. MetaIke Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 16:28

The first pokčmon mystery dungeon game was good but this one is better. My friend at school has this game and realy likes it. :P

9. MetaIke Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 16:28

10. ILoveWii Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 17:38

I seriously can't wait for this game.

I love all Pokemon, and it just seems very good. Looks better than the first.

I'm also looking forward to Battonage And Platinum.

11. Chaos Zero Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 18:42

I've bought an American copy and it's a really good game! It's much easier to recruit members, there's a fun minigame where you have to identify Pokemon's footprints and a really good storyline. The whole 'human becoming Pokemon' is similar but other than that, the story will get you hooked! Past the similarities is an enjoyable spin off. I say 85%!

12. dragon2s6 Wednesday 11th Jun 2008 at 18:59

I had blue rescue team and thought it was actually quite bad so when ONM say that it's the same but bigger and better, that it really is a lot bigger and a lot better.

13. simfreak11 Thursday 12th Jun 2008 at 07:13

The game isn't out yet O_O but I saw it in an airport in Portugal o_O

WTF was it doing there?

14. Anonymous Thursday 12th Jun 2008 at 07:14

Heh heh.
    I imported this, trust me, overall it's much better than Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon, it's much more fun and it's got an awesome storyline.
    Trust me, I've got both versions, only differences are certain pokemon in both, maybe if I stay around the forums for a while I could post some stuff about it for you all, lol.

15. master dingley Thursday 12th Jun 2008 at 10:01

I really got bored of the last one, so I'll be sitting out of this until I know if it isn't the same thign again :P

I think its my hate for turnbased that put me of of this, yet I still manage t love the real pokemon games :P

Platinum on the way soon ;)

16. TwilightPrincess Thursday 12th Jun 2008 at 18:45

I've already pre-ordered mine. :wink: I can't wait to get my hands on it! i liked the last one but this one should be even better. The storyline sounds more exciting and the graphics look better.

17. Anonymous Thursday 12th Jun 2008 at 20:37

Graphics don't look to different to me, but either way the game looks pretty nice.
    Also the story is much better than the previous game, slightly similar in that your character turns into a pokemon, but it's got some real good twists to.
    And the story is also split into a number of chapters, there are something like 28 or so, and at the moment I'm on chapter 11, and each chapter is huge.
    If I could review this game right now, I'd probably give it about 85%, it's nothing brilliantly new, but it's awesome compared to PKMN Mysterious Dungeon R+B Rescue Team.

18. Tailsdreggman Saturday 14th Jun 2008 at 20:24

I hope that it is different enough to the first one to warrant buying it.... However it doesnt matter to me because my brother will get it reguardless of how good it is and ill just get a profile on his game. HA! :P

19. moogleofages Friday 20th Jun 2008 at 08:49

I think if there is ever another mystery dungeon after this I think it should not be turn-based so it would be more strategic, and your moves would be activated by the touchscreen so you could easily pull of combo's like FFCCDS (final fantasy crystal chronicles DS) hey could try and make it 3D but they wouldn't fit them all onto the cartridge, having said that phantom hourglass did a good job.

20. orsie Saturday 21st Jun 2008 at 06:27

i cant wait for a new pokemon game and it looks like its nearly here hopefully it wont be a big let down 8)