Pink 3DS XL coming to the UK next month - first pictures

Buy a pink 3DS XL in May

Nintendo has confirmed that a Pink 3DS XL is coming to the UK next month. With a release date set for 31 May, this will be one of 39 different editions of 3DS to be released in just over two years since the console launched in 2011.

This will be the fifth different coloured 3DS XL to reach the UK after Silver/Black 3DS XL, Red/Black, Blue/Black, Ice White and Black (bundles with Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate). A Pink/White 3DS XL has been available in Japan since September but as you can see, the UK pink 3DS XL is more striking.

UK gamers can also buy a Pikachu 3DS XL and a Fire Emblem 3DS XL while an Animal Crossing 3DS XL will be available from June.

Would you buy the Pink 3DS XL?

Comments

1. ProtoKun Monday 22nd Apr 2013 at 11:06

Woa, this looks like a Barbie accessory!

2. L_A Monday 22nd Apr 2013 at 11:12

That's a nice colour, if I had the money, I'd buy one (but just for collection's sake).

I just realised this will be released barely two weeks before the Animal Crossing bundle... interesting.

3. tomonm Monday 22nd Apr 2013 at 11:23

That is interesting. Animal Crossing was a big hit with the female audience in Japan. Not saying that only girls like pink, of course!

4. BattleGooseUK Monday 22nd Apr 2013 at 13:11

I am a 25 year old man... Pink is one of my favourite colours, this shade in particular pleases my eye. I may have to buy it 8)

Fun fact, back in the early Victorian period blue was often used for girls and pink for boys, only in the latter half of the century were the roles flipped along with it the stigma...... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

A bright Orange 3DS XL would look great too!

5. tomonm Monday 22nd Apr 2013 at 13:22

A bright Orange 3DS XL would look great too!

Nice facts! I too own a pink shirt!

6. rasDubb Monday 22nd Apr 2013 at 15:12

A Japanese pokemon centre is making another raffle for another new 3DS

7. southendandy Monday 22nd Apr 2013 at 20:44

The ball 'n' chain has already asked for one.

8. chazrinelli Monday 22nd Apr 2013 at 23:15

I always wanted the orange 3DS original when it was shown at E3. Never saw the light of day again :(

9. MartinIsAwesome Tuesday 23rd Apr 2013 at 10:34

If I had one, I'd name it Hubba Bubba.

10. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 23rd Apr 2013 at 11:52

Now that is what you call a manly colour.