Pokemon X and Y: 9 questions that still need to be answered

What type is Sylveon, how are Xerneas and Yveltal linked and more. Do you have any answers?

What we've seen of Pokemon X and Y has left us with more questions than answers. The very first Pokemon X and Y trailer hinted at some new features without confirming them, then we had the appearance of Sylveon, a new Eevee evolution without a Type and then Awakened Mewtwo showed up.

At least we know the identity of the new Mewtwo (it's a new forme) but there are still many questions we'll be trying to find the answers to as we build up to the release of Pokemon X and Y. There is still a long way to go until October but we really are being drip-fed information. It was announced in January but only seven new Pokemon have been revealed and two of them have strong links with the past. Which is where we'll begin.

1. What type is Sylveon?

It is a question that has been asked ever since Sylveon was revealed. We know that it's an Eevee evolution but that's about it. Okay, we know that it weighs 23.5kg, making it the lightest Eevee evolution but that's not information we need to know. We just want to know what Type it is.

Well, we can begin by ruling some out. Eevee and its evolutions all have different types and Normal, Water, Electric, Fire, Psychic, Dark, Grass and Ice have all be taken. So that leaves Fighting, Flying, Poison, Ground, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Steel and Dragon. Oh, and ???.

Well, ??? Type would be apt seeing as we don't know what it is but it was removed for Generation V (Pokemon Black and White and Black and White 2) as the Curse move was deployed by Ghost Types.

All Eevee evolutions are also single Pure Types and judging on appearance Sylveon doesn't look like a Fighting, Poison, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Steel or Dragon Pokemon. There are dual Fighting Types who stand on four legs and have the look of Sylveon (we're thinking Keldeo) but like we said, there aren't any dual type Eevee evolutions.

So that leaves Flying. There is only one Pure Flying Type in Tornadus. Could Sylveon be the second? The lack of wings could hold it back but those ribbons look like they're flapping in the latest Pokemon movie trailers. I've also seen a theory suggesting that the name Sylveon is derived from the word Sylph, which is the name for an elemental spirit creature that controls the air and wind.

Or could it be a new type? Perhaps Game Freak is saving the announcement of a new 18th Type for another day. It would seem odd to keep the type a secret and then just announce that it's a Flying type.

So what could the new Type be? There has been suggestions that it could be a new Light Type Pokemon. Light Type Pokemon have appeared in the Pokemon Trading Card game and are the opposite of Dark Types. Light Eeveelutions even appeared in the Neo Destinies expansion pack, including Light Flareon, Light Jolteon and Light Vaporeon. Sylveon is the lightest Eeveelution so it's easy to see where people are going with that one.

Other 'new Type' rumours that have spread around the internet have included Fairy Pokemon and Sound Pokemon. Interestingly Fairy is already one of 15 Egg Groups which determine which Pokemon are able to interbreed. Fairy Egg Group includes many cute, pink Pokemon like Clefairy, Jigglypuff and Blissey. Sylveon is pink...

The only fact is that no one knows what Type Sylveon is but it's fun trying to work it out. What do you think it is?

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page

Comments

1. Latte Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 15:15

Yveltal being the bird that protects the top of the tree and Yveltal the deer that protects the soil.
    hmm

2. Tamzily01 Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 15:17

I really would like to know the name and layout of the new region. The aerial artwork of the regions usually tell us a lot about what we'll be seeing throughout the game.

3. Toastie Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 15:18

I'll make some predictions for these.

1. Sylveon's type - I'm going to guess a new type. We're only getting one new eeveelution, and we still don't know its type. The whole point of eeveelutions is that they represent a particular type and it is easily distinguishable from their appearance and name. Also, I'm going to say that its evolution process is tied into that new ''bond' mechanic.

2. How many new Pokémon are there? - I'd say between 100 and 120. Also, a large amount of them will be related to older Pokémon, similar to Gens II and IV.

3. How many old Pokémon will there be? - I think this region will be heavily reliant on older Pokémon, similar to Sinnoh. Additionally, I think that most of these Pokémon will be from Unova, like with Johto and Gen I Pokémon. Most of the Pokémon we've seen are from Unova, and there is a strong possibility that this region is linked to Unova.

4. What region is it set in? - I think it's either based on France or Western Europe, and will be fairly close to Unova (Either following on with Route 24 or Route 101). This is further indicated by the region using Unova's gym symbols.

5. What will the battle system be like? - I think the main new mechanic will be the 'bonds' they have been talking about in the trailer and interviews. I'd guess it would involve talking to (or at least interacting) with Pokémon in some way (In Hoenn they talk about a machine that lets you see a Pokémon's dreams and another that lets you talk to Pokémon). I suppose it would work similarly to bonds in Pokémon Conquest.

6. Xerneas and Yveltal's types - Assuming there are no new types, I'd suggest Grass/Steel (Nature and Stability/Power) and Dark/Flying (Evil and Anarchism), as I believe they represent Order and Chaos. If there is a new type, then I think that Xerneas will have that type, and that is the reason why we haven't seen the cover legendaries' types yet.

7. Can you customise your character? - I wouldn't be too surprised if there was some basic customisation, even if it was just a pallet swap. It would be easier to do with 3-D models, and the character leaves his glasses behind on the vine swings due to a glitch, which could indicate model swapping. The mirror could be to do with it, but I think that's just part of the beginning of the game.

8. What's the story? - Hard to say at this stage, but I'm hoping that we'll have a story more like BW, with some decent characters and a fairly interesting plot. I think genetics will be involved somehow because of Mewtwo's new forme and the DNA helix in the Japanese logos.

9. Will you be able to walk diagonally? - I don't think you'll be able to walk diagonally, unfortunately. Game Freak has a lot of experience with a tile-based system and doesn't seem to want to deviate from that. To be honest, I can't see any major problems from diagonal movement, but then I'm not a game designer :P

4. Version10 Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 17:01

I reckon sylveon's a normal type 8)

5. shy guy 64 Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 18:16

all fair questions apart from 7 & 9

im sure we will neither walk diagonaly or customize our characters, and frankly there is no need for either

6. Ghostly_Shadeon Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 18:26

Considering that Sylveon seems to be using a variety of moves may suggest that he/she is the evolved normal type of Eevee. But to the fact that he/she is the lightest eeveelution could suggest that it could be a flying type...
    ...in addition, the new battle style could be annoying. I like my battles to be short and sweet without dwadling with the long animations involved. Perhaps there could a way of running away from battles without entering battles?
    For example "About to encounter a wild Patrat! Attempt to run away?" If you select Yes, you may be able to avoid the battle altogether.

7. koopa_kicker Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 19:34

all fair questions apart from 7 & 9

From the fact we see the player in the trailer by the mirror, and the how the glasses are seperate from the character model (see 0:23 to 0:24 of trailer http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/45387/pokemon-x-and-y-pokedex-new-pokemon/ where they glitch while the boy swings across the gap like Toastie mentioned) seems they do intend to have customisation this time: to be honest, not everyone always appreciates the costumes the people wear and it could make multiplayer identities more unique, if the players don't all look the same.

As for walking freely, I highly doubt it would happen. The whole trainer line of sight mechanic has always relied on a grid and from the images this region still has rigid, grid-like edges for water and cliffs. As for walking diagonally (45 degree angles only), I don't imagine it happening ...this is probally trailing of into speculation now... but if it does, maybe we could have more puzzling areas/gyms: especially icey floor areas, where generically, have been solved by only going up, down, left or right, whereas 45 degree diagonals could make some unexpected solutions...

8. shy guy 64 Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 19:55

all fair questions apart from 7 & 9

that dosnt mean theres defiantly customization in it

9. carnivine chaos Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 01:13

Number 5: This is the most important question. The battling needs to change. How it is at the moment is near perfect but is too orientated around luck. If a completely new style was introduced like a traditional RPG then it might not feel so cheap when a flawless plan you think of mid-battle is thwarted by an inconvenient critical hit.

10. Toastie Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 07:23

I completely disagree. There is an element of luck in tonnes of good games, but it can work for or against you. For every critical hit the enemy gets on you, you get a critical hit on the enemy. A strong player can easily beat a weak player, and luck won't change the outcome.

11. K-tet Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 11:25

Time to throw nine pence into the hat:

1. Sylveon's type - We're hoping that the rumours surrounding Light and Sound-types come to fruition because then that would shake up the known metagame for the best. On the basis of that rumour, I hope it's a Light-type, but it could be anything. Let's hope it's something good and not a damp squib.

2. How many new Pokémon are there? - There needs to be more than a hundred new ones. I'd rather they did what they did with Black and White and introduce all new Pokémon until you've completed more of the main quest. I'll say between 130 and 170.

3. How many old Pokémon will there be? - Unless there's going to be a cross-platform communication of sorts with the 5th gen games, I can see there being all of them available over a long period of time (say two or three years), mostly as events. Hopefully there will be a good number of old ones available but again, I'd rather they be all new up to a point ala Black and White.

4. What region is it set in? - It certainly looks to be set in France, but hopefully it isn't exclusive to France. I'd like to see more of the other European territories in there, especially Britain, because Britain is the best island nation in the world. </patriotism> *ahem* I have a sneaking suspicion it's set mostly in continental Europe.

5. What will the battle system be like? - This won't change. The battle engine itself has been perfect since the 4th Gen and doesn't need tweaking. There may be a few additional ways to battle, but the actual engine itself won't change.

6. Xerneas and Yveltal's types - Hopefully Light and Sound respectively, but in absence of those, I see Xerneas as a Steel-hybrid, and Yveltal simply as a Flying-hybrid. Hopefully Light/Steel and Sound/Flying are actual type combinations.

7. Can you customise your character? - Given how popular certain fashion games are in Japan, I wouldn't be too surprised if you could. However, I don't think so personally.

8. What's the story? - Balamory? *shrugs* It'll be the same story as before. Evil organisation trying to harness the power of one of the two main legendaries, and it's up to you to take them out. Also, fight Gym Leaders, get badges, and become Champion. If you want more meat on the bone, look to the names. I still think it's more axes than DNA, but DNA splicers in BW2? Could easily lead to that.

9. Will you be able to walk diagonally? - Yes (lest we hope in vain).

12. DarkBladeXIII Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 11:32

Personally i dont particularly like the new starters and it would be nice if you could eventually obtain the others, even if it is through events or something. regardless i find the rumours of a new typing to be interesting, what will super effective against it and vice versa? will it be as elusive and as rare as the ghost type? only time will tell...

and about the two new legendarys... i think they'll both be part Psychic, with Xerneas being part grass and Yveltal being part flying

13. DragonEleven Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 11:55

1. Sylveon does look like it will be flying type... in a trailer for the movie it was shown in a frame that looked like wings, while the other eeveelutions each had frames based on their type. And for the record I doubt they'll add any new types, as it would just mean all sorts of complications for old Pokemon that could be classed as the new types.

2+3. I think they may start to move to reusing older Pokemon more in the main story of the games, which is supported by the larger number of old Pokemon in the trailers (before the starters would have been shown battling each other)... so out of the say 200 Pokemon in the local Pokedex, I think new Pokemon might be closer to around the 75 mark, with the rest being old Pokemon. However, I think the difference will be made up for with new formes of old Pokemon (possibly around 20-25 of them)... by that I don't mean that they'll all be new formes like Mewtwo, but more like Shellos/Gastrodon, whose formes just denote a different appearance due to the area they were found.

4. The new region is obviously going to based at least in part on France/Europe, but I don't think anyone has considered the possibility of it being set in more than one region, as the character may travel between several continents, each of which could be based on a different continent. This could also be being hinted at in the trailer, as Pikachu's lighting bolts spread out around the world.

5. I doubt they'll do much to the battle system... new moves, new mechanics, maybe creating new uses for the old mechanics, but that'll be it. The thing about becoming more powerful the more you battle together is just basic with Pokemon... the more you battle, the more experience you gain and the more you level up, so the stronger you get... I'm pretty sure that's all they mean, nothing special. And Toastie's comment of 'bonds' being a new mechanic is stupid... that's friendship which has bee present since Yellow, and is used by the moves Return and Frustration (although I would like to see more use of this, maybe some new ways of using it).

6. The types of Xerneas and Yveltal are a tough one, as there's nothing that clearly indicates their type, and their appearance may even be misleading. I'd like it if they done some unusual combinations that hadn't been done before... maybe something like Normal/Steel for Xerneas, and Dragon/Poison for Yveltal.

7. Customising your character is a possibility... it'll be like a cross between customising you room/base in the past, and choosing which character you appeared as while playing against others. I doubt it will be over the top, like having Pokemon costumes... just everyday clothes, with a few different styles for each item, and several designs for each of them.

8. The story could be anything, but there is a good chance of it involving genetics. I'd like it if they mixed up the gyms more, maybe giving more flexibility to their order, and possibly even having more than 8 gyms, which could work well with my suggestion about multiple regions, as they could share a league... defeat any 8 of the gyms and the elite four to become the champion, then defeat the rest of the gyms and rematch the elite four to become grand champion.

9. We haven't seen any clear evidence of walking diagonally yet... it does look like they are keeping to the traditional 'grid' movement rather than being free movement, which makes diagonal movement less likely, but that's not to say it's out of the question... I'm not bothered either way myself.

14. Komodo_Wolfgang Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 14:31

I reckon sylveon's a normal type 8)

This, IVe always thought this.

also X and Y? Chromasomes. The Japanese title apparently has a DNA strand on it. And considering Mewtwos new (though widely disliked) new form...

Most of these questions arent TOO important to me, however, I Would like to know some other things; Who are the enemy team and what's their cause? (if there is a new team..). What are the starter pokemons full evolution line? (I cant pick with these 3, I dont like them much... Fenn is ok but I think it will be too massively used). I also want to know if it will implement any other 3DS features, and how?

15. HarveyJ Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 18:39

If a new light type is introduced I think xerneas will be light and yveltal dark, maybe both dual psychic too

16. HarveyJ Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 18:46

How would you be able to walk diagonally? Only walking in 4 directions means it is impossible to avoid trainers, patches of wild grass, etc. Unless trainers start walking around like sentries or something, or trainer battles now become optional (which seems unlikely as then new players wouldn't get their team to decent levels early on) i don't think diagonal movement would work.

17. IRNBRU64 Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 20:22

Here's a question. Pokemon colosseum for Wii U? Imaging choosing your pokemon on the gamepad and just getting all the pretty backgrounds and fighting on your screen without any mess. The best thing a colosseum game has is after all the colosseum!

18. LittleMissAJ Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 20:29

I understand that they are trying to appeal to veterans of the game, but i feel like changing the old look of our beloved mewtwo is going to deter fans of the series more then fennekin taking the place of our favorite fire type vulpix. sooo many Pokemon now a days have form changes. it might be OK if the design didn't change so much, but just looking at the new form brings sadness to my heart. It feels like all they're doing is making all old Pokemon cute. when comparing the owl mewtwo with the new one, the difference is mind-blowingly upsetting. also, more pokemon changing forms? its getting abit ridiculous. i mean, it was cool when only deoxis could do it, but then cherrim, rotom, and giratina were able to, and now its almost a shandard for legendaries to be able to form swap.

19. DragonEleven Friday 3rd May 2013 at 11:49

They're not changing Mewtwo's old look, they're just giving it a new look to go alongside the old one... there is a difference and yet people are talking about it as if the former was happening (and to be honest I think they've balanced out the cuteness with the semi-demonic look it's got going on pretty well).
    Fennekin will replace Vulpix to the same extent that Starly replaced Pidgey, Wurmple replaced Caterpie, and Pachirisu replaced Pikachu... in other words... it won't.
    By the way, Deoxys wasn't the first Pokemon to change forme... that would be Castform... and you could consider Unown to be the first Pokemon with multiple formes, and it has 28 of them.

20. CDS Friday 3rd May 2013 at 12:38

I'd say these are things most would like to know, but still more important are the actual features in the game.
    Things like... trading/transferring between gens 5 and 6. Will it utilise Streetpass and Spotpass? Will there be any side games like the Pokestar Studios, or will older ones like the contests return?

As for the region, based off the whole of Europe, with Britain being the location of the Elite Four, but making it a whole city with people living close by and a trainer hall for serious training.
    The types of Sylveon, Yveltal, Xerneas - No reason to hide the types unless they have something to announce. Therefore, the rumoured types of light and sound might come into these typings.
    Old and new Pokémon balance - I'd say more old split across the generations rather than a fully new Pokedex again. And also having them spread out across the region like normal. Or what if the region was split in two? One side new Pokémon, one side old? This would then tie in to going separate paths. Fully old or fully new.
    Customisation could work well for the character, after all, it would be great to have it. But for the room you start in, it wouldn't be necessary unless the plot had you going back to your hometown quite a lot.
    The battle system is fine as it is, but this seems to be an experimentation for generation 7, as I'll explain below. After all, battles are going to be a lot bigger than this soon enough. However, I feel the option to turn the battle animations off would be great for some , or maybe even to speed them up.
    Free walking would be recommended in Pokémon games, and those saying that it needs to use the grid system for trainers to recognise you, remember this. Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were in full 3D on the Gamecube. The trainers would recognise you from a distance away within a certain radius more similar to field-of-view. That way, trainers could be walking around with their field-of-view always changing.

I'm not going into story in much detail, but I've got an idea that this generation could well lead to the next generation being more like the GCN games than we first thought. The games will still have the same major story of gyms and Elite Four/Champion, but will feature a whole lot more content and be in full 3D, just maybe remade with simpler graphics than the GCN games. Think of what we've seen so far. A 3D world and battles , more liveliness within the battles with different angles and shots than the previous gens, more transport methods, and while we haven't actually seen the full region yet, it looks like it could be more expansive than before.

21. Waldy565 Friday 3rd May 2013 at 19:10

What type do you think Sylveo, that new Eeveelution, is? I'm guessing, ummm, can't be Physcic, we got Espeon for that... Maybe, umm, what types haven't we had?! All though, it's rumoured there's a new "Light", sorry "Fairy" type, it could be that...
    2. How many new 'Mon are there? Well, a good guess is around the 150 mark normally, so I'll go 132
    3. How many old 'Mon will return? I would've thought all 649 haha
    4. What region is it set in? A new one I presume, with mentions of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh or Unova. Or maybe it will be an add-on to an existing region, like Kanto/Johto
    5.What's the battle system like? Easy, turn-based
    6. What types are the cover 'Mon? Xerveaus is the rumoured new "Fairy" type, where as Yvetal is Flying/Dragon, Flying/Dark or Dark/Dragon.
    7. Customisable hero? It would seem so, from the trailer. Also, maybe 'Mon get stat buffs from certain items of clothing?
    8. What's the story? Villian gathers team, team fight hero, team summon Legendary 'Mon, hero defeats/captures Legendary 'Mon, hero defeats evil team leader, hero goes on to battle Elite 4.
    9. Can you walk diagonally? I sure hope so!

22. coneill44 Saturday 4th May 2013 at 21:51

Could the new Eevee evolution work like Arceus and it's plates?

23. jammezz Sunday 5th May 2013 at 15:56

i believe that sylveon is definitely a normal type, it ties in with the whole cut normal but consequentially terrible/rather good at battling, the creators of Pokemon wouldn't bother adding a new type, it just wouldn't make sense as there would have to be things to counter it and vice-versa, also the fact that its moves seemed like normal type moves, i believe there to be tackle or a fire type move for the first one, a card one for the second (duh) which looks very much like a normal, for the third move it seems to be focus energy or something like that's and the last is swift. now if I'm not wrong (so don't hold me to this) that's 3 out of 4 moves what be normal type moves, and Pokemon i believe have predominately their own type moves.

as for new Pokemon, i don't care if there only 40 more, as long as they are well designed and don't have stupid names, i don't think there will be many new unless they have had a burst of inspiration, as it seemed to me that in gen V some of the Pokemon and even some of the legendaries were very poorly named/designed and most weren't memorable ( except maybe some of the terrible ones, torandus, and hopefully the pikachu re-hash we always get will be better than emola in gen V. so hopefully around 80-100 good Pokemon and leaving space for about 10-20 bad ones.

exactly how many older gen Pokemon will reappear, I'm personally hoping for mew (kinda ties in with the mew two thing.)
    I'm expecting around 50-60 new Pokemon from gen I, II, IV and V (not a fan of most of the gen 3, except the legendaries, #groundon) and maybe including, if the story line includes DNA, which in my eyes it will, deoxys might make an appearance, also shaymin, because shaymin is the cutest Pokemon ever, anyone that disagrees is wrong, in every way, im holding out for 50-ish new Pokemon from older gens.

for the region, it will probably be set in Europe, probably western Europe, or maybe one region with a lot of world landmark hints, im really hoping for it to be western Europe, cus god Europe is beautiful, im hoping for it to be linked to other regions like unova and other things, that'd be cool, it just adds that extra sense of exploration, and also more starter Pokemon which everyone loves. yeah so western Europe, travel, that sums up that one.

the battle system will be virtually unchanged, except with new graphics, new moves, no new types hopefully, love the look of the battles, they actually make it feel like they're attacking each other not just standing there while some animation plays. so nothing really new in my eyes, could be wrong.

For the legendaries, yveltal definitely looks the coolest and i think that there will be a dark, psychic and fighting type kinda thing xerneas looks like maybe a psychic/steel or a fighting/steel, and yveltal being a dark/fire ( only saying these as they would make sense and also they counteract each other which links in to me the whole chaos/order thing, i also believe it would be like the old Norse tale mentioned as Pokemon has a history of taking ideas from Japanese/other places' folklore, which ties in with my idea of the plot.
    P.S: yveltal totally looks coolest and i think will be focused on maybe speed and sp. attack whereas xerneas will be normal attack/defense, hopefully they will continue with the riddance of the pressure ability and add in better ones for them. also if the Norse thing is true, and im placing my bets it is, well be expecting Pokemon z next year-ish.

customizing your character would be awesome, it would make it feel like, you are the Pokemon trainer not just playing as a Pokemon trainer, id like some sort of Easter egg in this, maybe a lot, but i think it'd be awesome running round with a party of 6 Pikachu's in a pikachu costume, or maybe some sort of evil nega trainer with full dark types, it would add an essence of RP, they included this slightly in gen IV when in Wi-fi you chose what kind of trainer you were and when playing on wi-fi your model changed, but this would allow you to RP more and add extra depth to your Pokemon experience, adding in a lot more replay ability (still holding out for multiple saves #hopelesscause) and will just be frickin awesome.

now for the thing that no-one knows anything about, the story, i have my hunches, the enemy organization is planning to do something to nature or the balance/status quo and the yveltal/xerneas come and try to stop them, eventually ending in you trying to capture them as they have gone on a rampage... or something along those lines. im really hoping for something epic like that, or something like black/white's story (which far made up for the lack of decently designed Pokemon), the story in Pokemon is only about 1/4-1/2 of your play time, or well it is for me, i would like to see something along the lines of black/white with the after main story story, with the fun challenge of finding the sages, but i would like more of a challenge with the battles after and more story, the Pokemon story line is by far the best thing in them, next to adventuring and catching all the new and even the old favorite Pokemon and beating your friends into the ground with a Pokemon so powerful nothing can beat it, (cough) darkrai, as for the elite four and gym badges, i hope they might be integrated into the story more than just the champion, maybe all the elite of the region battling the enemy organization, i think that'd make more sense than sending a kid who is not even 13 yet to go beat a legendary Pokemon and a giant evil company.

walking diagonally, possibly, Nintendo and game-freak could keep with the meta, but its an open 3d world, it could potentially look stupid a guy in a 3d world walking only on the x and y axis (hah, a joke only funny by my standards) maybe it will be introduced in pokemon z, but probably not, i like it how it is, im allergic to drastic changes, but im glad to see that game-freak have finally upgraded from 2d to 3d, it was unexpected, but with the way game-freak are going, im loving it, diagonal walking isn't as controversial or interesting as the others, especially the legendary topics, but i don't think it will be implemented for a long, long time.

anyway, id really like to see the 3d used to full effect, but not too many cut scenes, god forbid it would be like star trek the game, love the look of the new legendaries, i love how the new battles are laid out ( that game-freak rekindled my love for pokemon ) and im waiting in anticipation for the UK release, anyway great game, amazing legendaries, the new mew two form would be interesting though, how would you obtain it, will mew two evolve into it, will there be an item to use, or will it just be a special event thing. (rly don't want the special event thing) it looks good, the whole buu thing going on, that pretty much sums up my post.

24. taximadish Monday 6th May 2013 at 04:47

THIS. It'd make the exploration so much better.
    There's nothing more annoying than meeting a Zubat/Woobat every two steps. This would shorten the process without breaking the system.

25. pikachu101 Monday 6th May 2013 at 10:44

there is still a possibility that sylveon may be a flying type as it may be linked to air and wind, but i'd put my money on a new type :D

26. ScotishLass2002 Monday 6th May 2013 at 17:29

I've heard that Sylveon is a fairy type.

27. ScotishLass2002 Monday 6th May 2013 at 17:31

Just checked and I'm sure it's fairy type. Sorry, Sylveon is fairy hopefully.

28. PIKECHU34 Monday 6th May 2013 at 18:01

I love grass type and water type pokemon there for I choose the grass type starter pokemon in pokemon x and the water type starter pokemon in pokemon y

29. ScotishLass2002 Wednesday 8th May 2013 at 15:56

SYLVEONS A FLYING TYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

30. ScotishLass2002 Wednesday 8th May 2013 at 15:57

I choose fire

31. BT383 Saturday 11th May 2013 at 12:59

X and Y definitely represent the 3D axis. Think about it: the X axis runs along the ground, as does Xerneas. The Y axis stretches upward, similar to Yveltal.

32. Techsnologic Monday 13th May 2013 at 15:57

You can tell by the first trailer shown that we won't be walking diagonally in this gen, as when the character is being followed in the forest, he walks up then left, no diagonal direction at all.