Is Call Of Duty: Ghosts coming to Wii U?

Activision: 'We don't have any news for Wii U at this time' Do you care?

So the first Call Of Duty: Ghosts teaser trailer has been released and fans will be looking forward to seeing what the new COD world has to offer on a new console. That new console isn't Wii U but the next Xbox for the game will be unveiled during the next Xbox event on 21 May.

That's right, Call Of Duty: Ghosts has been confirmed for release for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on 5 November while it is also in development for next generation consoles PS4 and the next Xbox. Wii U wasn't mentioned in the press release.

Activision hasn't written off the chances of Call Of Duty: Ghosts coming to Wii U, stating: "We don't have any news for the Wii U at this time, as we aren't dating next generation platforms yet. Stay tuned." Given that Activision has said that Ghosts is coming to other next generation consoles, that explanation doesn't really make sense.

We had a similar message from EA regarding FIFA 14, the company saying that additional formats will be announced in the months ahead.

It would be a major surprise if neither game were released for Nintendo platforms, especially given the backing both franchises gave to Wii. Despite Wii not being able to show Call Of Duty off at its best, every single COD game apart from Modern Warfare 2 was released on Nintendo's console.

Admittedly Activision didn't shout about it and the game was often announced some time after the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions had been unveiled but they were playable on Wii. I should know because I had to buy them all to review them. Like many other gamers, going to GAME or HMV in November to pick up the latest Call Of Duty game was an annual event. However, most other gamers weren't asked by the shop assistant: "You do realise this is the Wii version, right?" The year before last, I even had to ask at the counter for Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 on DS and was greeted by baffled expressions.

That all changed last year when we finally had a Call Of Duty game at its best. It might not be the best Call Of Duty game but Black Ops 2 was the real deal on Wii U. So it's a shame that Ghosts hasn't been announced for Wii U. It can't be simply because Activision wants to focus on next gen consoles such as PS4 and the next Xbox because it has also been announced for 360 and PS3. If it is coming to Wii U, it doesn't make sense to keep it quiet. Unless Activision wish to shout about Wii U features at a later date.

For those who don't know anything about Ghosts, Activision say that "it will deliver an all-new story, all-new characters, an all-new Call of Duty world, all powered by a next generation Call of Duty engine, which is a leap forward for the franchise. Infinity Ward is going all-in to create the next generation of Call of Duty worthy of the world's greatest fans."

As for Nintendo fans, we guess we'll have to do as we're told and stay tuned. Some won't bother, of course. When we posted a link to a story about the Call Of Duty: Ghosts teaser site on our Facebook page and asked Nintendo fans if they were looking forward to it, the majority of people said no.

So I'll ask you lot instead. Do you want the Call Of Duty: Ghosts to come to Wii U?

Comments

1. canand Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 22:18

Yes I want it to come out on Wii U and I got Black Ops 2 for Wii U and I like it

2. smikey666 Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 22:28

I'm not a call of duty guy ( not really a fps guy since perfect dark / goldeneye) so I don't really care in that sense.
    however it seems the wii u is already getting dumped on by 3rd party publishers.
    I guess they'll say it's lack of console sales but i can promise ps4 / next box won't do much better with even higher price tags than the wii u started with!

3. fatherofthenoo Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 22:46

I like the odd FP game, Zombi U and Far Cry 3 most recently. But I couldn't care less about another bloody CoD game.

You look at a game like Bioshock Infinite and look at CoD and you can see how dull the stereotypical military shooter has become.

4. BattleGooseUK Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 22:58

I do hope it comes to the Wii U, I had the 360 of Black Ops 2 but sold it as I found the Wii U version superior (Online at least) campaign is a bit... poorly optimised.
    BUT none of my friends have a Wii U, so guess I'll be getting the 360 version regardless.

5. jaco_p Wednesday 1st May 2013 at 23:00

yeah don't really care. If i want another shooter i'll buy it for my xbox. Obviously i want all the 3rd party games to come out for wiiu to boost sales etc, but from a personal perspective i couldn't give two hoots

6. wii_love_u Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 05:47

On the official CoD website there is a wiiu logo next to the ps3, ps4 and xbox 360 ones.

7. j bean Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 06:03

This was my biggest fear with the wiiu. Looks like we're going to be largely overlooked by 3rd party companies again. Personally I couldn't care less about cod but it looks bad in general on the 3rd party front.

8. NintendoForLife Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 06:31

If it doesn't come out then all of Nintendo's problems will be official.

9. Abe hikura Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 06:58

I think this is because of the DLC 'issues' between Activison and Nintendo . which activision was sugesting it was some tech issue but considering ac3 has had all its DLC. I would assume it was Nintendo who was concerned about the map packs. Value v price something itawa has mentioned before when discussing DLC for new Mario bros 2 and fire emblems dlc

10. Abe hikura Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 07:00

In terms of shooters why couldn't we get Far cry 3 blood dragon!

11. Abe hikura Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 07:27

Oh BTW just went to Call of duty's web page could not see a Wii u logo as suggested above. It is possible I missed it

12. K-tet Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 07:45

Is CoD:Ghosts coming to Wii U? Perhaps.

DILLIGAF? Nope.

13. bigterence Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 08:41

cod for me No Thank you.Boring.Same old online .

14. Zynt_Mcflint Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 09:39

While I'm not a fan of Call of Duty, I think it's quite important that Nintendo gets a huge game like Call of Duty on the system. They got Black Ops 2, so I'd hope that they can manage to get the new one also.

Nintendo really needs to show people that they're serious about third party support. If Call of Duty misses the system, it could send bend vibes to all the other publishers and even potential customers for the system. I'd love to able to just have one games console to play Nintendo games and great third party games.

15. DragonEleven Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 09:58

They could be planning a separate release for a Wii U version, or even a completely different game that has been built especially for the Wii U... the controls of the Wii U are fairly different from the other consoles, and if they were to use them properly, this would change the way you play the game, and would require the gameplay itself to need changing.
    I'm not bothered about this game myself... I've never been all that interested in most shooting games... Metroid Prime, Goldeneye and the Conduit are pretty much the only ones I've enjoyed.

16. Dean Thompson Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 11:19

Yes :wink:

17. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 12:29

If this doesn't come to Wii U,something is seriously wrong.