Call Of Duty: Ghosts will be released for Wii U

Retail source confirms that the game is coming to Nintendo's latest console

Call Of Duty: Ghosts will be released for Wii U. That's according to a retail source who has told ONM that the new COD game is coming to Nintendo's console as well as Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and the next Xbox.

Activision confirmed that Infinity Ward's new Call Of Duty game will be unveiled for the next Xbox on 21 May. Despite confirming that the game will be released next generation as well as some current consoles, the company didn't announce Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wii U.

Activision stated: "We don't have any news for the Wii U at this time, as we aren't dating next generation platforms yet. Stay tuned."

However, it now seems as if Call Of Duty: Ghosts is coming to Wii U after all. Given that every Call Of Duty game apart from Modern Warfare 2 was released on Wii and that Black Ops 2 was a Wii U launch game, it's not surprising that Call Of Duty: Ghosts is coming to Nintendo's latest home console.

Activision promise an all-new story, all-new characters and an all-new Call of Duty world for Call Of Duty: Ghosts. It will be released on 5 November.

Comments

1. Dark nemisis Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 09:58

Well that's nice. However the lack of support for the Wii U version in terms of DLC makes me think that it will in no way be similar to the other versions. And this time nobody will be buying it on the Wii U because it is a newer console. I can't see the online multilayer community booming. Hopefully I'm wrong.

2. KairiZero Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 11:38

I've got to say the lack of DLC is pretty poor for Black Ops II, but when you look at the number of people online and compare it to the other two consoles its pretty laughable - new console or not! I love my Wii U, and as much as people rip on it; I don't mind a bit of CoD in my gaming diet (see what I did there). I just hope that if they do release Ghosts that it will receive the same DLC support as the other console versions - for crying out loud we don't even have N00btown 2025!

3. olrodlegacy Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 12:05

Black Ops II Wii U was done really well, and now with Ghosts there is no excuse not to include the small bits and bobs from other versions that were missing. I hope they don't delay the release of the Wii U version to coincide with the other next-gen releases, or we might be waiting some time.

4. Abe hikura Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 15:27

Black Ops 2 didn't have DLC for Wii U because of Nintendo's policy on cost vs value view on DLC.
    Activision has been claiming its a tech issue but AC3 had all its DLC as did Zen pinball a game built around DLC. So its clearly not a tech issue

5. smikey666 Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 15:43

while it's good news for nintendo to have 3rd party support. (at least in theory i too doubt it will bethe same as next box / ps4)
    I personally still don't much care I do have black ops 2 for wiiu (but then I have over 25 disc games for wii u + every eshop & virtual console game)
    i'll buy the game to support nintendo & for collection purposes i'll even play it a while then i'll get shot in the back a lot get bored & put it back in the collection. :D

6. vtheyoshi Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 16:48

All new my ass. I don't really care, but it seems kind of interesting.

7. Herbert_Rarr Thursday 2nd May 2013 at 18:34

I wonder what Wii U exclusive features this version will ha-...
    Actually, nevermind.