11 amazing Nintendo secrets in LEGO City Undercover

The hidden things every Nintendo fan should see

With 290 costumes, 100 cars and 450 gold bricks, LEGO City Undercover is not short of content. But it is also packed with little Nintendo references that no fan will want to miss. Here's how to find them all.

1. LEGO Cheep Cheep

Go fishing on the jetty in the Crescent Park boathouse to snag an angular Cheep-Cheep. God knows what manner of toxic grimness local industries are pumping into the bay in order to mutate the sea life like this. Where's Chase McCain's activist disguise when you need it?

Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 9 10 11 Next page

Comments

1. debris Wednesday 8th May 2013 at 15:19

Lets not forget Marios actual cap, which is wearable!

2. deKay Wednesday 8th May 2013 at 15:28

Don't forget the giant Cheep Cheep (not a Magikarp - that's a Pokemon!) in the underwater viewing area in one of the road tunnels!

3. DragonEleven Wednesday 8th May 2013 at 15:33

The Mario hat is unlocked on Lady Liberty Island... which you use a warp pipe to access.
    There's also invincibility when you smash enough things while driving.

4. OrangeRakoon Wednesday 8th May 2013 at 15:54

This game sounds better the more I see of it

5. koopa_kicker Wednesday 8th May 2013 at 16:12

I'm sure there are Super Smash Bros logos on the level Astronaughty alongside a bunch of the generic 'Lego Space centre logo' plaques - the logo is the circle with a vertical line sliced by a horizontal line in the bottom left, though there are some stars scattered on the sign as well. (Here come speculation for Chase McCain in next Smash Bros...!)

6. PeterPan Wednesday 8th May 2013 at 16:24

This game kicks lego-ass. So much to see and do and still haven't found everything.

7. olrodlegacy Thursday 9th May 2013 at 00:27

The visuals of this game are so beautiful I could cry...

8. bigterence Thursday 9th May 2013 at 08:01

This game deserves all the press coverage possible.For me,best game on WiiU.

9. KairiZero Thursday 9th May 2013 at 11:29

Is this game really as good as everybody says it is? I'm being a bit skeptical as I've not found much enjoyment from the LEGO franchise games in the past, but everybody seems to love it?!

10. Waldy565 Thursday 9th May 2013 at 11:40

I'm gonna discover them on my own first, then check back on this article to see if I've missed any :P - but DANG, I'm curious! Also, the cover photo (Starman) I saw when screenshots were released before the game

11. imbusydoctorwho Thursday 9th May 2013 at 12:16

Such a great game,that every Wii U owner should have.

12. buzzboy42 Thursday 9th May 2013 at 13:12

too bad you can't ride YOSHI in the game. :cry:

13. Rickybhoy Thursday 9th May 2013 at 14:56

Excellent!! Gotta love little finds like this. I shall go a hunting as soon as I get the game myself!