Ace Attorney 5 confirmed for release in the UK

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies coming to 3DS in the Autumn

Ace Attorney 5 will be released in the UK. Yes, Capcom has confirmed that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destines (the game's new title) is on its way to 3DS across Europe and the US, with a release date set for the autumn. We've also got the first English-language trailer and a bunch of screenshots..

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies sees the return of courtroom hero Phoenix Wright. Set eight years since his last appearance in Phoenix Wright: Trials And Tribulations, the first case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies begins in a destroyed court room. It's down to Phoenix Wright and his team at the Wright Anything Agency to discover the cause of the destruction. Players will have to battle it out in court against Gaspen Payne, the younger brother of Winston Payne from previous Ace Attorney titles as they defend the accused.

As usual, you'll have to investigate each crime scene, changing views and zooming in on areas to uncover any hidden evidence or clues. Then the action moves to the court as Wright presents evidence and challenge witnesses to uncover the truth in each case.

Joining Phoenix is the young Attorney Apollo Justice and new Associate Attorney Athena Cykes. Athena's unique ability to psychoanalyse witnesses introduces a brand new element to proceedings. Using Athena's Mood Matrix, players can detect the emotional state of a witness and tell whether they're surprised, angry, happy or sad. Players can compare these feelings with the statement given by the witness, point out any contradictions between the two and challenge the witness testimony.

We're told that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destines will be available digitally so it looks like this is a 3DS eShop release.

Comments

1. AMthedude Monday 13th May 2013 at 17:22

Yes yes YES! I haven't been this excited about a game for a long, long time! I'll be downloading this as soon as it comes out! I just hope it sells enough to ensure that any future Ace Attorney titles are localised as well...

2. jaiv Monday 13th May 2013 at 17:23

Bit disappointed that its digital only but HOORAY!!! PLEASE ALSO RELEASE LAYTON VS WRIGHT NOW!!

3. TheRexFactor Monday 13th May 2013 at 17:25

Sounds good. Don't care that it's digital (apparently only), at least we're getting it.

What have they done with Phoenix's voice though? He sounds wrong...

4. irishmarcoos Monday 13th May 2013 at 17:34

What have they done with Phoenix's voice though? He sounds wrong...

I believe they have used Sam Riegel (Voiced Phoenix in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3) for this game, rather than the guy who did it in AA1 to 4. Reason being the original guy wasn't a professional voice actor, and this game has animated (voiced) cut scenes.

Much love for this game, they better advertise it properly though. Maybe they will sell download codes in store?

5. dezeray_07 Monday 13th May 2013 at 17:35

Well, at least Ace Attorney 5 got a release date at least. Still getting it even if it is a digital download.

6. shy guy 64 Monday 13th May 2013 at 17:38

great to hear

7. lrwr14 Monday 13th May 2013 at 17:48

Thought it had already been announced? Still, Looks amazing. Still need to complete the third game and Apollo Justice.

8. WOLFENFTW Monday 13th May 2013 at 17:55

I really hope not, his voice just didn't quite sound right. I would've liked Ben Judd to return but like you said he's not a voice actor (I don't think he actually works for Capcom anymore either). They could've at least reused the original objection clip.

9. irishmarcoos Monday 13th May 2013 at 17:59

They couldn't have reused the original objection clip for a few reasons, mainly the 3ds supports higher quality sound, and it would sound out of place if everyone else has new voices, par one character

10. MJTH Monday 13th May 2013 at 18:00

Nice to know that it's getting a release here. If it's digital only does that mean it will be price like a digital game (Ł10-Ł20) or like a digital full priced release (Ł30-Ł40)? Either way I'll be getting it.

Also... WHEN IS PROFESSOR LAYTON VS ACE ATTORNEY COMING!!! I mean a core Pheonix Wright game is great, but I bought my 3DS, specifically for PLvsAA, so I won't completely be satisfied until they release that game to.

11. PikachuKJ Monday 13th May 2013 at 18:55

It will probably be the higher price. I'm really glad we will be getting this game so soon but I do find it very unfair that it will only be released as a download. The full game downloads can often be more expensive that getting the solid game in the first place (at least from certain shops and websites) and it is problematic if someone gets the game, tries it and then can not sell it because they don't like it. It might seem annoying but give us consumers a choice of how we want to have a games. I really hope that this doesn't become the norm as it would seriously stop me from purchasing software for nintendo consoles.

12. TheRexFactor Monday 13th May 2013 at 19:09

I see. Still, it's a shame. I'd nearly prefer they just kept the old system and voices just for familiarity, if having full voicing means such a change...

13. Kirby8 Monday 13th May 2013 at 19:18

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! OMG! I'm so excited! Can I please fast forward to release date please?!?! Man, I'm so happy to have Phoenix back! And I like the ominous ending! Has made me, somehow, even more excited for the game! Digital only kinda sucks as it might mean it won't get as much coverage, advertising and maybe sales. And if the prices are like the current eShop prices, it's kinda sucky as you can buy the physical game at a cheaper price and it's nice to be able to shop around, get points for buying, have a physical copy, etc. But oh well, at least we are getting the game and can play it and, ahhh, sooo excited!!

14. fisher2007 Monday 13th May 2013 at 20:38

great to hear and Don't care that it's digital (apparently only). :D

15. MartinIsAwesome Monday 13th May 2013 at 21:20

SWEET BABY MOSES!! At last, more confirmation of release and the english title! And I love the new english names for the new trainee attorney and her emotion detecting device. And I really like the new voice clips for Phoenix. Can't wait to get the final game!

16. theguygamer Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 06:24

Right, this has become my most anticipated game for Autumn/Winter now (knocking Pokémon X and Y off the top spot). Couldn't be more excited, especially because Apollo is back!

17. fatherofthenoo Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 08:09

<-- Do I like the Ace Attorney games? Yes I do. Sold!

18. K-tet Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 08:16

Great news. The fact it's digital only isn't bad either. I'm sure the fanbase would have loved a physical copy of the game, but Capcom felt it didn't sell well enough to warrant that. Shame really, I'd have snapped up the physical copy of the game in a heartbeat.

Still grabbing it though. If Nintendo drop a bomb at E3 with a plethora of game releases during the Autumn/Winter period, I'm going to be broke leading up to Christmas, and I couldn't care less! \o/

19. acdcste Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 10:10

Nice to see it being released over here. Although i will always prefer a boxed game to a download.

20. martynm Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 10:15

Excellent news...Havent played an AA for some time...So looking forward tot his!

21. martynm Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 10:36

irishmarcoos wrote:

I liked Sam reigels voice. It added a slight vulnerability that phoenix carries and that, to me, is part of the charm. Thats just me. I like phoenix to have some vulnerability to his voice. if it was too 'manly' then that would suit him.

Thats just me tohugh

22. imbusydoctorwho Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 13:15

Make the game available for a budget price and you've got a deal Capcom.