Pokemon X and Y's new Pokemon get new names - meet Helioptile, Fletchling, Pancham and Gogoat

Plus, the region has been renamed

The English names for the four new Pokemon unveiled in CoroCoro magazine have been revealed. While Gogoat keeps his name for the English-language versions of Pokemon X and Y, Yamcham is now called Pancham, Elikiteru becomes Helioptile while Yayakoma is known as Fletchling.

Helioptile
Helioptile
These aren't the only names to have changed. The Karos region is now called the Kalos region while the main city is known as Lumiose City (Japanese name: Miare City).

Kalos Region
Kalos Region
Lumiose City is described as a thriving metropolis filled with customers checking out its variety of shops. Many roads extend from the iconic tower at the city's center.

As for character customisation, we have learned that you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer at certain points during your adventure through Kalos and you'll be able to go back and change your clothing whenever you like.

What do you think of the new names?

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 12:42

good to know

2. Loopydoodle Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 12:43

Is it just me or does the top left corner of the island look a bit like Britain and Ireland have been fused together? Looks really cool want this game now :D

3. stealth1497 Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 12:44

Personally, I love EVERYTHING about what's been announced thus far - it's looking superb! :D

4. acdcste Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 12:52

With each bit of new information i get more and more excited about this game. Its definately the game of the year for me.

5. harvestmoon32 Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 13:34

this is sounding better by the minute! :D

6. Waldy565 Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 13:41

My thoughts exactly :)

7. mattzere Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 13:56

I think the whole map is supposed to look like France; it's the same Hexagonal shape. We've seen other France-related stuff too ofc (Eiffel Tower etc).
    Also, does that mean Helioptile's "ears" turn into helicopter blades and he FLIES AWAYYYYY? :mrgreen:

8. emperor ing Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 13:56

Nah, it's just the north west corner of France. Still, the map certainly has more potential than Unova.

9. PikachuKJ Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 14:05

Customization ideas sound amazing. The region looks interesting and the news is just want us fans needed.

10. RiksilveR Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 14:44

I like the look of the region so far, I've been scrutinising it quite heavily...
    It's over-analysis time!
    Firstly: it's looking a lot less linear than Unova, and more expansive; I've counted fifteen different spots that could be cities or towns.
    Secondly: is that a train line heading out from a hill in the west? Does that mean travel to old regions, or post-story areas? Or is it just the new Battle Subway?
    Thirdly: I bet there's a legendary in that reef-surrounded island to the north.
    Fourthly: Snow and mountains in the northwest - will there be skiing as well as roller skates?
    Fifthly: I reckon that plateau in the central north will be the Elite Four's hangout.
    Finally: There's a beach! Yay! Let's go get ice cream! (And please god don't let there be Vanillites...)

11. Kirby8 Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 16:30

The new names are pretty cool. Helioptil sounds like he'll evolve into a electric/flying. It'd be weird if he didn't, because it sounds like he has helicopter in his name, and it would make sense with those ears of his.
    The city name is pretty nice, but I prefer the Japanese region name. I know it's not much of a change, but Karos sounds cooler then Kalos. But they're both cool, so it's ok.

12. ThePokekid78 Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 17:23

Loving the look of the new region after the disappointing Unova, which was far too linear!

13. noobgamer9 Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 17:33

Yep, the Kalos region is definitely supposed to be shaped like France and Lumiose city is where Paris should be. The 3 areas are the west coast, centre and east mountains of France, I mean Kalos! :wink:

14. Spyrolad Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 18:28

I actually like a lot of the new pokemon designs! I haven't said that before!

15. HaydnRhys Wednesday 15th May 2013 at 07:10

I reckon that house right down in the south of the region might be that mansion from the announcement trailer

16. Twinkle Wednesday 15th May 2013 at 20:36

Amazing news- it just keeps getting better and better! Yay for October!! :D

17. Bucky_Weasel2 Monday 30th Sep 2013 at 14:32

Let's take another look at this map (it's hanging in my room btw) so off in the far right upper corner, there's a cave surrounded by snow and fog. What could it be? a decoration? a work-in-progress path to another area???