LEGO Friends coming to 3DS and DS this Autumn

New games based on LEGO building set

Another new LEGO game has been confirmed for release on 3DS and DS this year. With a release date planned for autumn 2013, LEGO Friends is based on the building set of the same name.

Once again Traveller's Tales are on development duties for this game which is being aimed at girls. Although it is a Warner game, Nintendo will be hoping that LEGO Friends will help expand the appeal of 3DS.

LEGO Friends is set in Heartlake City where players have complete freedom to express their unique style, explore areas and activities that interest them most, such as perfecting a dance routine in the studio, taking a few shots on goal at football practice, or visiting the store to get cool items to customise their character, as they build friendships with their five new friends.

Building friendships is the heart of the game. As players meet new friends and join them on special adventures, such as helping Emma take pictures for her next newspaper article or reviewing song choices for Andrea's next performance, they grow their friendship levels with each character. Once players reach 'true friend; status with all of the characters, they are able to build a Heartlake Celebration for them.

Additionally, players can care for a variety of different pets by training and grooming them, in order to enter them in a pet show. Each pet has a special skill that players can use to help them in their adventures. You can even play the game from the animal's perspective if you wish.

To capture their exciting adventures in Heartlake City, players can use the in-game camera, taking snaps to use in a scrapbook of friendship memories.

"We are very proud to welcome even more girls into the world of LEGO videogames with a title based on the best-selling LEGO Friends line," said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. "LEGO Friends allows players to build personal fun adventure while expressing their individual style and personality along the way."

Comments

1. lrwr14 Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 15:38

'll be there for yooooou....oh not that friends? shame.

Sounds like this Lego game will be aimed at the females, whereas Lego City was aimed at the males.

2. TheNUKEnukeM Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 16:21

YES. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS SINCE THEY ANNOUNCED LEGO STAR WARS. GET IN. This is great. Where can I preorder this? Will it feature online multiplayer? I think I will buy both versions just because I have been waiting for this to be confirmed for ages. This definitely lowered the impact of their other projects. I think Marvel Superheroes will probably be delayed so it will have a chance to sell some units as most people will be too busy playing this. I suspect most people will be expecting Lego Friends in their Christmas stockings. The 3DS will probably sell a lot more units as well around the time of launch. I would recommend you get your preorders in fast as it may be hard to get a hold off once it comes out. I can see it selling out in a lot of shops quite easily. I think I will download a copy as well just in case my cartridge gets stolen. I cant wait. Good to know which game will be winning all the game of the year awards for this year, if not best game of all time.

3. Argenthor Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 16:24

'll be there for yooooou....oh not that friends? shame.

Ha... If only. LEGO SHOULD MAKE THAT.

Even though it is aimed at girls, it sounds like a good idea. I've only just noticed that the 3ds lacks a lot of the casual games of the ds currently, so I imagine there are more games like this coming. I don't really mind too much about that.... just as long as the amount of aweseme games we have been seeing keeps on going!

4. CDS Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 17:06

Hold on. If they want the game to do well on 3DS, why make a DS version and port it to the 3DS with rubbish 3D? Why not just build it on the 3DS, get the most out of the extended memory of the 3DS carts.
    While the concept sounds good, I just can't see it working on the DS.

5. Luigino.1 Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 17:48

'll be there for yooooou....oh not that friends? shame.

I thought that when I first saw the article. loool! :roll:

6. Luigino.1 Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 17:51

Okaaaay calm down. :roll:

7. Darkblizz Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 19:42

A new DS game now?

Well, I suppose we were still seeing NES games a couple of years into the SNES' run...

8. Twinkle Tuesday 14th May 2013 at 20:29

Okaaaay calm down. :roll:

Haha. You do really need to calm down! :lol: :wink:

9. scholey78 Wednesday 4th Dec 2013 at 10:16

Any news on when this game is to be released? I've had it on pre-order since Sept for a Christmas pressie!