The biggest games of E3 2013

The games we're most excited about seeing... Warning! Not all of them are confirmed!

In the build up to E3 2013 we've been looking at some of the biggest moments of past E3 conferences and Nintendo Direct broadcasts but now it's time to look forward to next week's show and it promises to be a cracker. We don't have to worry about how Nintendo will present a new console and given that there is no large press conference, the phoney 'who won E3' battle needn't be debated. Instead, we can get excited about the most important thing. The games.

For it is the games that sell consoles. You can have the best, most innovative features in the world but, as we've discovered in the last few months, it's no good if you don't have enough great games to play on it. From Pikmin 3 onwards, we've been assured that Nintendo will have a steady stream of new Wii U games for the rest of the year.

And what games. We know that Nintendo will be showing off Mario Kart Wii U, Smash Bros and the new 3D Mario game during Nintendo Direct but other than that, nothing has been confirmed for the show.

So, these are the games we're most looking forward to seeing next week. Not all of them have been confirmed for the show. Just so you know before you start telling everyone that Zelda Wii U will definitely be at E3 2013!

Anyway, on with the biggest games of E3 2013.

10. The Wonderful 101

If you've listened to the ONM podcast you'll know that this is the game that Joe ONM is most looking forward to. And for good reason. This Viewtiful Joe meets Pikmin strategy action game looks, well, wonderful.

Set for release in August, it looks like the perfect game to play after you've completed Pikmin 3 in the proceeding month. Both games involve you gathering together a small army of characters and attacking an enemy. In Pikmin it's little walking vegetables and here it's superheroes going by names such as Bonzai Man, Vending Machine Man and Toilet Bowl Man.

Pikmin 3 may also be at the show but seeing as we haven't seen a new trailer of The Wonderful 101 since January, it's this game that we're looking forward to catching a glimpse of again. With your characters locked in battle with massive robots, armed with touchscreen enabled sword and guns, it is ridiculously exciting.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 15:02

personaly id of had pokemon and zelda at the top

2. ledreppe Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 15:12

Does anyone actually read the WHOLE of these 10 page articles? I sigh when I see them.

3. 5OUNDWAVE Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 15:32

agree , also hope the u get's the new pro evo !

4. geengy Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 15:39

Why is there a youtube video for the pokemon vgc 2013 in the link to the past page?

5. Donkey Kong Jr. Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 16:18

Wow, the list looks great, can't wait now !

6. jimbobsquarepant Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 16:37

E3 is the only thing to ever consistently make me get excited like a 3 year old getting an ice cream

7. Owz_The_Future Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 16:44

Would it hurt to put this article on one or two pages, not ten?

8. Ghostly_Shadeon Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 16:55

Right now, I can't really seem to grasp how the gamepad would be used as an innovative controller in Mario Kart U, if you'd be spending only 3% gazing at it if you were hit by blooper ink, for instance-if the gamepad would be used as a top down view of the course.

If this would be the case then, I'll probably be skipping Mario Kart U.

On the other hand, I'll be really excited to see how the new Mario 3D game would look in HD, if anything to be just as good or better than the already brilliant Galaxy titles. Don't let me down Nintendo!
    P.S. This may be my insanity, but...bring back the cosmic clones? Please?

9. Toastie Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 18:01

One reason why this beats Smash Bros is that we know nothing about it.

Huh? That makes no sense.

I disagree with a lot of the choices on this list. Pokémon X and Y 8th? I would have put it in the top 5 at least. Definitely above a new Mario Kart. Also, I don't think you can have Zelda Wii U there, because it's extremely unlikely we'll see it at E3.

10. Twinkle Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 19:18

I also disagree with these choices. 3D Mario first? Oh come on, its always going to be about rescuing someone :roll: . Pokemon X and Y being 8th is definitely stupid :shock: . Put that in top 5 at the most. What about Zelda? Couldn't that have been at the top? Zelda has different stories, amazing graphics, a variety of places and amazing bosses, not just the same old Bowser each time. :| :roll:

11. BlazingInfernape Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 20:34

I cannot wait! Roll on Tuesday :D disappointing thing is, is that I am at college whilst its being streamed *sigh* but so excited still eeeek!:D

12. thecoolmana777 Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 20:54

I just had an awesome idea for how they could use it with bloopers, when you are hit the 'ink' will appear on the gamepad touchscreen and to clear it faster you could tap the inkpatches on the gamepad screen
    Really looking forward to this announcement, also does anyone know how long it will be, I was a little disappointed about how brief the last Nintendo Direct was

13. Bootler Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 21:32

Yeah, because Zelda games NEVER have you rescuing a princess, or your little sister. :roll: And just how many times have I got that Master Sword now? :roll:

And hey, at least Bowser's consistent, and doesn't feel shoehorned into each entry *cough! Ganondorf in Twilight Princess! Cough!*

3D Mario deserves to be number one. Mario consistently reinvents itself, and is almost always the best representation of a Nintendo console. However, A Link to the Past 2 should be higher up on the list than it is. Pokemon is probably in a good spot at number 8, since Pokemon games have been way too repetitious for too long now, unless X and Y do something meaningfully new with the series, there are plenty of other Nintendo games that deserve to be ranked higher.

14. Pichu10585 Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 21:35

Isn't Miyamoto creating a new game? I thought I heard that somewhere.

15. Kirby8 Thursday 6th Jun 2013 at 23:25

Isn't Miyamoto creating a new game? I thought I heard that somewhere.

I think I remember that too. Someone, find out what his latest hobby is, then we can figure out the new franchise. XD
    I think Retro should be given a new franchise. They worked on Metroid and DK, now how about some Star Fox love? Or Earthbound? Or a new franchises. As much as I love Mario and Zelda, the other franchises don't get enough love and some have been dead on the side for some time. Kid Icarus finally got his come back, let's make it happen again.
    And what about HAL, what are they doing? I want a new Kirby game. Kirby get's so little love and every now and then, there will be some love and then it disappears. I mean they never even gave us the 20th Anniversary game, which sucked.
    I would have placed Pokémon higher, 8th is way too low. I hoping for a buttload of information at the Q&A. LTTP2 should be higher too. Very excited for the new Mario and Smash Bros. I hope they reveal loads.

BTW, any details on the timing of the conference. Directs are quite shorts, but since this Direct is replacing the E3 presentation, will it be the same length, longer, shorter...?

16. K-tet Friday 7th Jun 2013 at 00:24

I think the real head turners are going to be the 3D Mario and Mario Kart games for Wii U. We'll get all the supporting info we need regarding the other titles teased (New 'X', Bayonetta 2, Sonic: Lost World, Smash 4, etc), and hopefully some more details on the upcoming releases (Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends update). The 3DS once again just takes care of itself, with Pokémon X & Y being the real titles of note.

However, there could be news regarding hardware peripherals (e.g. a bigger capacity battery for the Game Pad, following news that it does exist in Japan), but I'm hoping for more Virtual Console news, and hopefully account unification. These are more what I'd want to hear (or clutching at straws if you will).

In any case, Tuesday's only a stone's throw away now. Let's see what Nintendo has to offer us.

Edit: I wouldn't be too surprised if the E3 Direct lasted an hour.

17. GuitarHero Friday 7th Jun 2013 at 02:45

I'm really curious as to where they're going to take the new Mario - away from Galaxy hopefully. The Galaxies were amazing but I want to try something new again.

18. Luigino.1 Friday 7th Jun 2013 at 18:05

Would it hurt to put this article on one or two pages, not ten?

Thats what I think EVERY time!!! :roll:

19. kirlia trainer Sunday 9th Jun 2013 at 17:24

Why do you make a top list? A top list is pretty much based on personal wishes and experience. For me Pokémon X & Y deserve the first place, with a Zelda-game to Wii U on a good second.