Animal Crossing Alert! Get your Shaved Ice Lamp today!

Go to any Nintendo Zone to download your present from Pelly

You can download a Shaved Ice Lamp for your room in Animal Crossing: New Leaf from today if you go to any Nintendo Zone Wi-Fi hotspot.

The Shaved Ice Lamp is the second item to be distributed via Nintendo Zone. The first was the Raccoon Clock which was available until 30 June.

This Shaved Ice Lamp will be available from today until 14 July but you need to go to a Nintendo Zone hotspot to download it. Speak to Pelly at the post office first, ask about a present and then the pelican postie will hand it over and you can place it in your room. As you can see, it's quite small.

The question is: Should I keep it or stick with the Robo Lamp?

Comments

1. bethrj Monday 1st Jul 2013 at 10:37

Ah, just give it to me, saves me having to stand outside Phones 4 U again and downloading it. xD

Then I can pass Katie over as well :D

2. Wiimote Monday 1st Jul 2013 at 10:38

Don't you mean 14th July not June?

3. Bexie Monday 1st Jul 2013 at 12:56

I don't even have a clue where a Nintendo Hotspot thing is in Ipswich.

I looked at the map thing but it just looks weird and doesn't tell me anything.

4. Dean Thompson Monday 1st Jul 2013 at 13:23

I assume you cannot get these later by seeing them in someone else's home? Someone enlighten me please.

5. lrwr14 Monday 1st Jul 2013 at 13:36

For those that don't know, if you change you router SSID to _The Cloud you will be able to download the items without going to a hotspot.

6. BattleGooseUK Monday 1st Jul 2013 at 14:02

It's been mentioned before, but I can confirm changing your router SSID (name) to "_The Cloud" will trick your 3DS into thinking it's at a hotspot and you'll be able to acquire the special download items.

Very handy for those who can't travel to a hotspot, shame Nintendo doesn't seem to take into consideration some people are too young or live too far away to just trek down to the nearest hotspot for a measly item. My only excuse is laziness, so this suits me just fine lol.

7. fisher2007 Monday 1st Jul 2013 at 14:47

Got it today and where's the CAT TOWER.

8. Kirby8 Monday 1st Jul 2013 at 15:35

I wasn't able to get the first one. Wasn't able to connect to the hotspot properly. =/
    Tried the trick, but my router won't allow me to put a space in the SSID. Tried without and no dice. Weird thing is, I'm with Sky, who run The Cloud, and yet I can't put a space and they can...
    Does anyone have a second Racoon clock that I can have, either from a second game or villager? Would be most grateful and willing to pay bells or provide some pears if you need them. =)

9. buymec00kies Monday 1st Jul 2013 at 15:58

Hey I'm in America and we can't get the shaved ice lamp here)': I'm willing to give someone 100,000 bells for theirs! :lol:

10. SurferKing7 Monday 1st Jul 2013 at 16:49

I have a cat tower and many japanese DLC items, so if somebody with a shaved ice lamp would like to trade me, please get a hold of me asap! :)

FC: 0731-5079-4880

11. Namine2593 Monday 1st Jul 2013 at 17:16

McDonalds also have Nintendo Zone hotspots! I didn't know this until I went there and my 3ds started flashing :)

12. Misanthropy Tuesday 2nd Jul 2013 at 14:01

Also check presents in post office regularly
    I just did today and got a palm tree lamp
    but there is some confusion over UK/US DLC