Pokemon X and Y - new Pokemon reportedly revealed

Meet Monorpale, a new Steel/Ghost Pokemon

Serebii reports that a new Pokemon called Monorpale has been revealed at the Japan Expo that's taking place in Paris. Monorpale is a new Steel/Ghost Type Pokemon for Pokemon X and Y.

Considering the Kalos region is influenced by France, it's not a surprise to see Pokemon X and Y at the expo.

This Pokemon has the appearance of a sword and we're led to believe that during battle this Pokemon will unsheath itself.

Monorpale is apparently the French name for this new Pokemon; it will be known as Hitotsuki in Japan.

What do you think of Monorpale?

Comments

1. RSE III Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 09:29

Interesting. I'm pretty sure this is the first Steel-Ghost Pokemon ever. In any case, it's a good type set because the two types that are strong against Ghost Pokemon (Ghost and Dark) are both weak against steel. What's more, one of Steel's most common weaknesses, fighting, has no effect on Ghost types. Could be pretty useful in a team.

2. martynm Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 09:57

I like it. It's shaped like a sword and I know the 'item' based aren't the most popular of 'Mon but what do I know?

3. Boromir_Smiles Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 10:06

I really like this. Normally I can't stand the inanimate-object-based-'mons, but I don't know, for some reason this one really appeals. Nice typing too, hopefully we'll see more "new" typings.

4. DragonEleven Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 10:09

Unfortunately, fire types are probably one of the most commonly used Pokemon types, so that would be it's biggest problem.
    It would also have the weakness to ground, and I'm guessing it's ability will be to do with it's form change (unsheathing would probably switch it from defence to attack) so I think it's unlikely that it will have levitate to make it immune like some other ghost types.

Anyway... the name suggests to me that it will probably evolve (based on the 'mono' part)... maybe they'll add a shield for it's next stage of evolution, and make it a full suit of armour when fully evolved (a haunted suit of armour would make sense).

5. Scraggy man Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 10:39

Love the steel types so this is a great addition.

Keep them comming

6. shy guy 64 Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 12:51

now that is awesome

7. Tamzily01 Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 14:45

It's a living, haunted sword...what more is there to say, other than how awesome it is? ^_^

8. DynamicPunch202 Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 15:24

This guy looks to me like the new Vanillite, but I actually kinda like him. The idea of a possessed sword sounds good to me!

9. Komodo_Wolfgang Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 15:55

Posessed swords appear alot in far eastern legends and folklore dont they? They also appear in alot of other things too.

LoZ Twilight Princess & the anime, Shaman King, to name a few.

Looks interesting enough but I dont think it will join my team sadly =/

Im personaly just waiting to see what the starters evolve into. I still havent chosen which since Im not that keen on them. The only 2 I like are that bat dragon one and Talonflame (he'll deffinatley get nicknamed though.)

10. koopa_kicker Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 15:58

A Pokemon with these exact typings and being a possesed weapon like this was in one of my predictions way back when X/Y were first announced! ^-^ nice! If this evolves into the Ghost/Steel possesed armour (my evolution idea for it), I wonder if Game Freak have been reading my mind!

11. SketchSpirit Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 19:55

I full expected everyone to be like "oh my god, it's based on an inanimate object! Tiz the s**tz!" - Thank you for proving me wrong.

I'm curious as to whether the sheath will come off as part of an ability or wether it's just the Pokemon's animation. Does anybody else see a hint of Wind Waker in this design?
    Or Skyward Sword. When I catch one I'll name it Fi - fits perfectly seeing as I can't imagine it will have female/male versions. Then again maybe this is the male and the female is the shield? Or vice-versa, I'm not sexist.

Now if we can just get a Rock/Ghost type or heck, just a new Rock type, I'll be over the moon!

12. Twinkle Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 20:37

It kind of looks like a sword, but it looks really cool nevertheless! :wink: I wouldn't mind catching one of them!

13. KoreeluStromboli Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 22:36

Monorpale looks cool and seems really interesting. I like its typing; Cofagrigus should've had Monorpale's typing though... Also, I enjoy how Monorpale looks sorta like something out of The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker to me. :-)

14. koopa_kicker Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 22:45

You thinking of something similar to the Bouldergeist off Mario Galaxy for the Ghost/Rock type Pokemon?
    To be honest, I have a load of ideas for ghost types (if I made a region, it'd probally be full of them that all the living may be put off, anyway), another Ghost idea I had would be a Normal/Ghost type. How unfortunate would it be if your lovely generical Route 1 rat Pokemon was defeated and ended up becoming part Ghost. Not too shabby actually seeing as the Fighting type that likely smashed it to pieces can no longer touch it: then again I doubt Game Freak or Nintendo would allow something of the sort as a method of evolution...