Pokemon X and Y 3DS XL consoles - first pictures

Xerneas and Yveltal Blue or Premium Gold - which one would you choose?

The first pictures of the new Pokemon X and Y 3DS XL consoles have emerged. These special edition Pokemon consoles will be available in Japan from 12 October.

There is a Xerneas And Yveltal Blue edition and a Premium Gold version. The Xerneas and Yveltal Blue 3DS XL features Pokemon X and Y's mascots while the Premium Gold handheld is designed with silhouettes of Xerneas and the three Starter Pokemon Fennekin, Froakie and Chespin.

Both editions will come with a copy of either Pokemon X or Pokemon Y.

Xerneas and Yveltal Blue
Xerneas and Yveltal Blue
Premium Gold
Premium Gold
These new Pokemon X and Y consoles are just the latest in a long line of special edition Pokemon consoles. The release means that there are now 44 different designs of 3DS.

How much would you like these Pokemon X and Y 3DS XL consoles and which one is your favourite?

Comments

1. youhippy Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 10:34

I'm very happy with my Pikachu XL :-)

2. FoxMcCloud Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 10:47

That blue one looks awesome! :-) I planned on buying a second 3DSXL for easily trading Pokemon between X and Y and all my old games. But I'd rather it came with an actual game rather than digital, as when the battery dies on one 3DS I can just pop the cart out put it in the other 3DS and play while it charges :-) Oh well I might just buy that Pikachu one instead..Pika-chuuuuuuu! ;-)

3. ContraryRhombus Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 10:52

I really want the blue one. I had the special edition gameboy advance SP that had Kyogre on the front and this just brings those memories back!

4. theycallmejack Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 11:54

The blue one looks a little generic to me, but that gold one is beautiful! I would certainly appreciate that as a gift! Wouldn't buy it myself though as I already have my classic blue 3DS and a Mario 3DS that I won from Nintendo! No sense having 3DS'!

5. Medevac Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 12:51

I was hoping for a Blue and Red one. Not too fond on these. The blue looks pretty plain and the gold is just a bit too much for me.

6. NuttyS Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 14:09

I'd love the golds design to be on the blue. Never been a big fan of gold things.

7. rasDubb Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 15:16

Pokémon games were never meant to be preinstalled...

8. TheRexFactor Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 15:45

Can't say I'm especially fond of either of them, though I'd prefer the gold one

9. Gargravarr Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 17:07

If either one of these makes it to Europe I'll be very tempted to get it, even though it'd feel weird not to have a hard copy of a pokemon game.

10. Ghostly_Shadeon Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 17:10

Darn, those new 3DSs look good...
    Well, the blue one is okay, but I really like the gold one more-guessing it reflects more of a Japanese style of art (tree blossoms, especially), and with Xerneas involved, it does look really lush ^^

Unfortunately, I just don't have the money these days to buy that special gold 3DS, but that's okay-Pikmin 3's only 3 weeks away from tomorrow...

11. Tailzy Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 18:31

gold is looking pretty nice, definitely stands out more out of the two

what a waste of money

12. FoxMcCloud Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 19:43

gold is looking pretty nice, definitely stands out more out of the two

what a waste of money

How is buying a 2nd 3DS a waste of money? Ive always had 2 of every Nintendo handhelds, Admitidly the second one is usually the updated version and I just kept the 1st model too. But I gave my original 3DS to my Mom when I got my 3DSXL as I just could not go back to a small screen. Having 2 makes trading / moving Pokemon between ur games easy (Well not as easy as a simple bloody Pokemon Box App for DS/3DS would! Come on Gamefreak make it already, then I might not have to resort to buying 2 3DS to move Pokemon!) plus as I already mentioned you always have a 3DS charged and good to go! :-)

13. Twinkle Thursday 4th Jul 2013 at 20:35

Wow! They are both so beautiful. But I prefer the premium gold one! However, I already have the AC 3DS XL so I wouldn't be able to buy them if they did come out in the UK. Oh well....

14. Tailzy Friday 5th Jul 2013 at 00:13

How is buying a 2nd 3DS a waste of money?

you're buying a Ł170 console to transfer data between essentially the same game

you do realize the two versions are there to trade exclusives online or with friends, right?

15. Darkblizz Friday 5th Jul 2013 at 00:55

Hey, look! A 3DS XL design that doesn't suck!

I'm talking about the blue one, I don't think much of the gold one.

16. FoxMcCloud Friday 5th Jul 2013 at 08:10

How is buying a 2nd 3DS a waste of money?

you're buying a Ł170 console to transfer data between essentially the same game

Ok, fair point Ł170 is a lot of money to spend just for convenience:-) I know that ur meant to trade with others but I've always bought both versions and had a spare previous version of the handheld, I only don't this time as I was generous enough to give my original 3DS to my Mom. Riddle me this though, how can I get all my pokemon from my copies of White and Black 2 over to X&Y without a second 3DS? Cos Im pretty sure it's gonna be some daft convoluted method to transfer pokemon and require 2 consoles as with previous gens :-(

17. Tailzy Friday 5th Jul 2013 at 14:42

they were on the ds.. so use your ds?

18. Layton link Wednesday 10th Jul 2013 at 17:38

Oh lordy the gold one is lovely..Id pick that one any day.