Pokemon X and Y - 5 new Pokemon revealed

CoroCoro has all the latest details

Five more new Pokemon for Pokemon X and Y have been revealed in the latest edition of CoroCoro Magazine. They are Goronda, Maika, Karamanero and Shushup.

Goronda is Pancham's evolution. An Aggressive Pokemon, it is a Fighting/Dark type with an Iron Fist ability along with the Hammer Arm move. Serebii reports that it has a new method of evolution. It's 2m tall and weighs 136 kg.

Next up is a squid called Maika. This Dark/Psychic Pokemon is known as the Rotation Pokemon and has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes. It's 0.4m tall and weighs 3.5 kg.

Maika's evolution is called Karamanero. The Dark/Psychic Pokemon is known as the Reversal Pokemon and has the move Hypnosis.

Shushup is a pink bird and is one of the new Fairy-type Pokemon. The Perfume Pokemon is 0.2m tall and weighs 0.5kg. It has the Healer ability and it knows the move AromaTherapy. This Pokemon is exclusive to Pokemon Y.

Peroppafu is another Fairy-type but it is exclusive to Pokemon X. The Cotton Candy Pokemon has a new ability called Sweet Veil which prevents your allies from falling asleep. It is 0.4m tall, weighs 3.5kg, plus a new move called and has the new move Drain Kiss. It is exclusive to Pokemon X.

You can see images for these new Pokemon over on Serebii. We hope to have the first official artwork, screenshots and english names soon.

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 12:19

i love pancham's evolved form

and ive got a friend who im fairly certain is going to love that dark/psychic squid that reminds me of a certain disney villain

2. DragonEleven Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 12:36

I don't think I've seen any mention of it yet, but looking at the scans it appears as if some older Pokemon will be getting their evolution method changed, possibly similar to Goronda's new evolution method... it's on the same page and looks like they give Raichu and Gengar as examples (may be unrelated, I can't tell).

Also, something this article has missed... Xerneas is Fairy type and Yveltal is Dark/Flying type.
    (EDIT: or just create a separate article)

3. pokemaster Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 12:53

All looking good. :)
    Can't wait to see the evolved form of the others.
    I keep trying to stay away from the news, so everything is a surprise when I come to play, but it's all too tempting! :D

4. CraigEmberson Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 13:50

This all matches up with some of the information leaked by a source, who has got everything correct so far.

So, I'll post what Pokebeach revealed from their source:

The two squid Pokemon are localized as Inkay and Malimar and the different evolution method is that, to evolve them, you have to turn your 3DS upside down. It represents a Pokemon being corrupted as it evolves, hence Malimar's more sinister look.

Goronda's localized name will be Pangoro and it's different evolution method requires a dark type Pokemon to be in your party. This represents Pancham's efforts to act tough (though failing), so a dark type in your party has an influence over him as he evolves.

The source also revealed that the move "Drain Kiss" is localized as "Draining Kiss".

All of this was revealed to Pokebeach in February :) Along with all the info we've got so far. Considering all of this has been correct so far, nobody is doubting it and it also means that Mewtwo will be getting a second form - which is backed up by Japanese site data listing the currently revealed form as "M2X" (Mewtwo X), so the next will be Mewtwo Y.

5. ThePokekid78 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 14:28

...Well, Goronda's pretty cool, at least. That brings the total of Gen 6 Pokemon I like to 4!

As for the others...let's just say that I thought we'd seen the worst of Gen 6 after the 'fairy-on-a-flower' - clearly, after seeing Peroppafu, I was wrong...

6. DynamicPunch202 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 15:32

Not too bothered about the new fairy types, but I really like Goronda and Karamanero. That's another two for my team!

7. Kirby8 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 20:59

Goronda looks pretty awesome.
    Maika looks pretty cute, but Karamanero looks so weird!
    Shushup looks pretty cool and I love Peroppafu...good enough to eat, and it looks like it's already doing that haha.

OMG! It really does look like Ursula. Weird looking...but awesome!!

8. Luke Ario Friday 12th Jul 2013 at 07:42

As it seems everyone has so far said, I love Goronda. The others I'm not really that keen on, but it could be just because they all have pink or purple on their bodies. Litleo is stil my favourite Gen 6 Pokemon.

9. theycallmejack Friday 12th Jul 2013 at 11:36

Not a huge fan of Peroppafu... didn't Nintendo learn their lessons about making confectionery based Pokemon with the Vanillite family? Still, the rest of them look all kinds of awesome! I'm already decided that I like Gen 6 way more than Gen 5!