New Pokemon X and Y details - Legendary types and evil team unveiled

Find ourt more about Yveltal and Xerneas

As well as introducing five new Pokemon, CoroCoro Magazine features more information about Pokemon X and Y, revealing the types of the legendary Pokemon Xerneas and Yveltal, version exclusive Pokemon and the identity of the evil team.

First up the legendary types. We have learned that Xerneas is a new Fairy Type Pokemon while Yveltal is Dark/Flying. Xerneas has the Fairy Aura ability which powers up Fairy-type moves while Yveltal has Dark Aura which does the same for Dark-type moves. Xerneas also boasts a special move called Geo Control while Yveltal has Death wing.

As well as Xerneas, Clauncher and Peroppafu are exclusive to Pokemon X while Skrelp and Shushup are Pokemon Y exclusives.

Moving on to the evil team. They're called Team Flare and their motivation is to make money.

A gym leader with robotic arms called Shitoron (we imagine that name will be changed for the UK) has been unveiled in Corocoro along with a sporty gym leader named Zakuro. Joining them is a professor called Purataanu. He will occasionally battle you.

Finally, an update on the PSS. The HoloCaster gives the latest news on the Pokemon Global Link without needing access. It has a Happy Sign which lets you see the feelings and actions of friends.

There are special O Powers which work similarly to Pass Powers which you can use and receive from other players.

Miracle Trade allows you to trade with someone from around the world. It also features connectivity with the Global Trade Station.

What do you think of all this new info?

[ Source: Serebii ]

Comments

1. zelda-legend93 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 13:16

Even though I'm still siding with Yveltal, if they give Xerneas a decent Att/SAtt stat then its Fairy moves are gonna ruin the Uber tier (Super effective against dragons, plus STAB, plus move boosting special ability, etc).
    Also, I'm liking that they've classified the Legendaries as Life (Xerneas) and Destruction (Yveltal). Gives us an idea as to what the theme of the game will be

2. DragonEleven Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 13:54

That could be continued with Team Flare... fire can be considered to both create (life) and destroy.

3. kraid Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 13:58

s**toron

Ha

Xerneas fo life, yeah. All I need to do now is get a 3DS again...

4. ThePokekid78 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 14:19

Some nice news here! I do hope X and Y have a strong storyline like BW though, since the idea of Team Flare simply being interested in 'making money' seems very generic...

On a sidenote, I can't help but be slightly worried about the name 'HoloCaster'...I mean, it's not something to laugh about, but I'd imagine there'll be many jokes about the name's resemblance to the holocaust...

Edit: A quick visit to 4chan confirms my fears about the holocaust jokes!

5. stary64 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 14:52

Something I noticed when looking on Serebii is that at the end of the news, is states that in the next issue of Coro-Coro will have 'the biggest news of the century'. I've been thinking for a while about what this could mean but I can't think of anything.

6. shy guy 64 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 15:01

dont know about the rest of you but i called their types

7. DragonEleven Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 15:05

How about Pokemon U?
    (that would probably qualify)

Maybe they'll do Pokemon U on Wii U, with a different setting and story to X and Y... then in a couple of years they could release V and W on the 3DS (sequels to U), and Z on the Wii U (a sequel to X and Y)... would be an interesting way for them to mix it up if they do start to bring the main Pokemon series to the home consoles.

8. DynamicPunch202 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 15:19

I figured Xerneas would be Fairy type, but I'm still going for Yveltal. Also, 'Death Wing' is now officially the best move name ever!

9. Serebii Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 15:43

How about Pokemon U?
    (that would probably qualify)

No. The scoop is specific to Pokémon X & Y. They also will not reveal another main game before the next ones are out, even if it's on another console (which it won't be).

10. FoxMcCloud Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 16:18

s**toron! That is brilliant! :lol: I can't stop laughing. I beg you Gamefreak don't change his name in the localisation, it is too bloody funny! s**toron! :lol:

11. RiksilveR Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 20:00

Firstly, I'm going to get a little conspiracy off my chest.
    Team Flare - only interested in making money (presumably through abuse/misuse/trafficking of Pokemon)
    Team Rocket - only interested in making money, through abuse/misuse/trafficking of Pokemon.
    Team Rocket's leader is Giovanni - his name sounds Italian. Kalos is based on France. There's a slight European connection in this.
    A flare is kind of like a rocket (i.e the firework, not the big thing that flies off into space)
    Game Freak is trying to "appeal to old fans and newcomers".
    Team Rocket are old fan favourites.
    All this points to one thing...
    Team Flare is Team Rocket
    (Albeit slightly rebranded, presumably for some nefarious reason)

Anyway, I sort of called the types - I thought Yveltal would be either dark/flying or dark/fire and I thought Xerneas would be either Fairy/grass or fairy/water depending on Yveltal's type (to give both a type advantage over the other), although before fairy was announced I thought it'd be psychic. I'm surprised Xerneas isn't grass though - they keep putting emphasis on skies and forests and since Yveltal got the sky (flying type) you'd have thought Xerneas would have got the forests (grass type). Oh well.

How about Pokemon U?
    (that would probably qualify)

My guess (with no evidence but a lot of hope) is that either through free/paid DLC or, Arceus be willing, on the cart itself, one or more of the past regions will be available post E4.
    Either that or (with a tad more evidence) the ability to play alongside friends in the main story either throughout the game or at certain points - we did see two trainers running along together in the announcement trailer, after all (if I remember rightly).
    If they hadn't already confirmed diagonal movement then I'd say they were making a joke about that - it's pretty revolutionary.
    One small step for a trainer, one huge leap for Pokemon.

12. IjadsaBica Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 20:02

Gives us an idea as to what the theme of the game will be

It's already been confirmed that the theme of the games is beauty, so they chose France as the basis for the region :)

13. boxdude10 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 20:05

Sh**oron is bad enough but "HoloCaster"? That's going to attract a few WWII jokes :roll:

14. Kirby8 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 20:55

dont know about the rest of you but i called their types

I called them too. They're pretty obvious. If Yvetal wasn't Dark/Flying, then something went wrong there...His name sounds like evil as we'll
    And when everyone talked about Fairy being a new type, which itself seemed very plausible, Xerneas being fairy was always a possibility due to it's colourful horns. When they announced Fairy was indeed a type, I thought Xerneas being Fairy was a strong possibility.

Team Flare wanting money...how will the legendaries provide that...hmmm. I thought the goal might be to make a very powerful Pokémon with a whole gene splicing theme that felt like it was indicated in the Japanese logo. Xerneas being the Life Pokémon also feels like they could use Xerneas to make a powerful pokémon, but not sure how Yvetal would play into that...hmm. I do like this Life/Destruction theme, but I wonder how it fits with the money making scheme.

15. Kirby8 Thursday 11th Jul 2013 at 21:03

HoloCaster could be taken wrong.
    And yeah, the gym leader's name. Needs to be changed...enough said haha.

16. neko paul Friday 12th Jul 2013 at 06:13

I seen pictures of team flare on Serebii, OMG SO MUCH ORANGE!!!! they look like they belong in a daft punk video...

17. Luke Ario Friday 12th Jul 2013 at 07:50

I don't think it's a surprise that Yveltal is Flying and Dark types, nor that Xerneas is a Fairy type. I don't know whether this gives one an advantage, seeing as I only know that Fairy is good against Dragon, but I hope that it's more balanced than, say, Dialga and Palkia, where Dialga was better just for its resistance to Dragon Types.

I don't think Team Flare is the best name they could have given them. Maybe something that played on the idea of 3D - Team Dimension?

18. Tamzily01 Friday 12th Jul 2013 at 08:09

Or the steampunk flying city of Columbia.

19. Twinkle Saturday 13th Jul 2013 at 08:47

Interesting info. Team flare, their motive- money. I really want Xerneas, the first fairy legendary! S***toron, a nice name :lol: