Pokemon X and Y soundtrack features 212 tracks!

You'll be able to buy the soundtrack on iTunes

The Pokemon X and Y soundtrack will be released via iTunes in the west but Japanese gamers will be able to buy a special CD which comes with a 28-page booklet and some bonus tracks.

The CD, which features 212 tracks, will be released on 13 November, one month after the Pokemon X and Y release date. The 28 page book features development details and will give fans some background information about the tracks.

The tracks are said to be of a higher quality than ever before, delivering a sharper sound.

Are you going to download the Pokemon X and Y soundtrack?

[ Source: Serebii ]

Comments

1. RiksilveR Tuesday 13th Aug 2013 at 08:27

If Lance's battle theme is on there somewhere, then I'm buying it just for that. If Lance's battle theme isn't on there, then Game Freak are stupid and they smell.

2. Zing06 Tuesday 13th Aug 2013 at 09:15

I'll definitely buy it if the price is right and I sure someone will translate the booklet if the download doesn't have a digital one.

3. dragoncrasher Tuesday 13th Aug 2013 at 09:58

Someone will make a YouTube playlist that I can listen to for free...Because that ALWAYS happens...

4. abovethewell Tuesday 13th Aug 2013 at 10:26

It would be nice if iTunes made it an 'iTunes LP', where you get the booklet as a PDF.

5. emperor ing Tuesday 13th Aug 2013 at 11:09

I'm looking to import the CD as I absolutely hate iTunes and don't have an 'i' device. From the trailers the music has sounded good so far, so I'm looking forward to it.

6. Tamzily01 Tuesday 13th Aug 2013 at 11:12

His theme was on the B2/W2 soundtrack, so just go and buy that.

Anyway, I'll probably end up importing this. I've done it with the Gen V soundtracks, and haven't regretted a single thing about it. Shame it's three months away.

7. FoxMcCloud Tuesday 13th Aug 2013 at 14:25

Can you get the original Pokémon Gold / Silver soundtrack? I still think that game had the best soundtrack of all the Pokémon games! :-)

8. TheVelvetRoom Tuesday 13th Aug 2013 at 18:54

Wow that is impressive even by JRPG standards. That track number seems way higher than a regular Pokemon game so perhaps this means more than one region, or something like being able to set custom music for battles with select themes from the other 5 generations.

9. Pokemon Luke Tuesday 13th Aug 2013 at 20:22

Thats great! I have been looking for nintendo music to fill my ipad up with, and i mainly have nintendo stuff on there, like the galaxy soundtrack and the zelda ocrina of time and 25th anniversary cd, not to mention the mario 25th aniversary! I already know its perfect, as gamedreak cant drop the final pokemon gym leader tune, it can only be improved, this could even be better than the actual game! (wait, nothing can be better, i bought a 3ds on launch just for a game like this!)

10. fisher2007 Tuesday 13th Aug 2013 at 22:18

11. DragonEleven Wednesday 14th Aug 2013 at 09:39

Shame it's only on iTunes... I'd probably buy it otherwise.

The number of tracks seems impressive, but it's not so special when you compare it to the previous games... B/W and B2/W2 each had 173, HG/SS had 270, and D/P had 149.