Issue 100 Is Underway!

Awesome, exclusive Shigeru Miyamoto artwork adorns celebratory cover!

Our exciting 100th issue of the Official Nintendo Magazine is well underway. Hitting on September 25th, it contains all manner of contributions from legends of the gaming industry but none as special as those from Shigeru Miyamoto himself.

He's been generous enough to grant us an exclusive interview to chat about Nintendo's past and present. We know what you're thinking: "yeah, that's cool and all but you're not the first and you won't be the last".

The icing, cherry, chocolate sauce and gold figurines on this rather delectable cake are what makes this issue special. Subscribers will find a very different looking magazine slipping through their letterbox as the cover artwork has been drawn by none other than Mr Miyamoto's fair hand!

Fancy owning a cover where a Pikmin hands a star over to Mario? Of course you do.

Mr Miyamoto is an extremely busy man (who would've thought?) and is rarely able to contribute to anything outside of his own games, so the fact that he's been able to contribute so generously is AMAZING.

It was a dream of ours that he would magically appear in the office and write the review of Wind Waker HD but unfortunately, even though we suggested it on the Next Month page, he will not be guest editing.

One day we will make our dream comes true but hopefully the hand-drawn artwork on the cover will decorate subscribers' walls for years to come and the other amazing content in the mag will make you forgive our little slip-up..

In typical Chinese Whispers fashion the words on our Next Month page have morphed into mini monsters.To clarify, we will NOT be announcing Shigeru Miyamoto's new game in ONM100.We will also not be announcing any new Nintendo game and we will not be discovering the last remaining Dodo.

As described above, Shigeru Miyamoto has made a massively significant contribution to our issue 100 but he will now not be guest editing.

As always, the news story that goes up on the day of launch will always describe exactly what is and isn't in the latest issue and we would like to retract the four words that have appeared on the Next Month page.

We apologise to those of you who got really excited by these few words and we even apologise to the people who have read misleading stories that have simply been made up from nothing.

ONM100 hits the shelves with an awesome Miyamoto-san feature (as well as a tonne of other specially themed interviews from industry legends) on September 25th.

The brand new ONM99, however, is with subscribers now and hits UK shelves on August 28th.

Comments

1. Nintendo fan 1 Friday 23rd Aug 2013 at 19:21

I lost the will to comment for a few minutes, just gaping open-mouthed at a legendary picture of miyamoto......oh, yes congrats onm!

2. shy guy 64 Saturday 24th Aug 2013 at 08:28

ooo i had lost count i had no idea we were on 99th, i look forward to getting it

3. MartinIsAwesome Saturday 24th Aug 2013 at 08:58

Aw, that's a shame. I noticed the announcement in the new mag and thought "Oh! Awesome!" with images of Miyamoto in the Future office deciding on layouts in my head, but never mind. The Miyamoto artwork cover is still a massive bonus, and that it is exclusive to subscribers is fantastic. As if the subscription wasn't already value for money, this is a giant whopping cherry on top. I'm really pleased to see that you guys are going the extra mile for us lot.

4. 9 Times Saturday 24th Aug 2013 at 10:25

No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOO. My subscription ended for some reason due to a change in location and now I can't get that cover!

5. luigi1080 Saturday 24th Aug 2013 at 10:35

i have bought onm for 2 years now from the shops and i keep on begging my parents to subscribe but they won't even though it is cheaper so unfortunately i can't get the special cover.

6. martynm Saturday 24th Aug 2013 at 10:52

Although im not a subscriber, I have to say that is a coup for you guys. i'm sure even us non-subscribers will see the cover on the interent.

All i do hope is that the Subscribers version is a clean cover.. it would be a shame if Miyamotos cover had all the tag lines attatched to it. not that i have anything against Zelda reviews...

7. danbish Saturday 24th Aug 2013 at 11:53

Gutted that he'll not be guest editing the mag now, I read that in the 'next month' section and got very excited! Looking forward to that limited cover hand drawn Miyamoto cover though :D

8. MartinIsAwesome Saturday 24th Aug 2013 at 12:07

It's not until next month, so if you re-subscribe now you should still get it.

9. Ghostly_Shadeon Saturday 24th Aug 2013 at 12:14

Hand. Drawn. Cover. Yes.

Guess that's one of many reasons why I'm proud to be a subscriber, although I feel sorry for those who aren't :/

10. 9 Times Saturday 24th Aug 2013 at 12:19

It's not until next month, so if you re-subscribe now you should still get it.

Unfortunatly, I remember when I subscribed last time and it started two months late, but I could try :?

11. ChandraONM Saturday 24th Aug 2013 at 13:52

For non-subscribers who still want to subscribe in order to get this cover. . . I'll look into and let you all know.
    I imagine the cut-off date for getting ONM100 is pretty soon but I'll check.

12. fisher2007 Saturday 24th Aug 2013 at 22:30

i look forward to getting it. 8)

13. marlous2604 Sunday 25th Aug 2013 at 10:07

Let's hope that this issue will arrive when it comes out. I am really curious about the cover :) I live in the Netherlands and so far 3 magazines has been lost in the mail.. I did got an replacement for it but still. I will take atleast 2 weeks before I get any magazine. I wish that the English mail was faster and better -.-

14. NintendoForLife Sunday 25th Aug 2013 at 14:39

I subscribed yesterday as I have a job now so can afford to do that without the need of my parents permission. Also, I decided I needed that cover as I've been getting ONM every month since ONM1. My first issue should be ONM100, the November Issue.

15. toady Monday 26th Aug 2013 at 03:30

i hear the cover got leaked

16. scouserfuller9 Monday 26th Aug 2013 at 10:45

I have every issue since it was first released seven years ago, all lined up so you can see the Nintendo logo, Mario's face and now, the Wii U !! I must admit, I preferred the magazine before it was handed to Future Publishing though...

17. MartinIsAwesome Monday 26th Aug 2013 at 16:05

i hear the cover got leaked

Nice call back. :wink:

18. Waldy565 Monday 26th Aug 2013 at 18:16

Ah, ever since I realized how close you were to 100th issue, I have honestley been like working out and double checking when it was! I might pick up issue 99 when it hits the shelves on Wednesday, but number 100 is what I'm really waiting for. Seriously can't wait, will be a nice magazine to ease me into my first month at college! :D

19. FoxMcCloud Tuesday 27th Aug 2013 at 10:34

I love these anniversary issues of Magazines! :-)
    I remember when Old ONM turned 100 issues that was like back in 2001ish. Actually I should still have it under the bed somewhere! :-) Anyway, congratulations to ONM for reaching 100 issues!

20. C00LI098 Tuesday 27th Aug 2013 at 10:41

This is cool, but I stopped buying it at issue 97. I wasn't a subscriber, anyway.