5 Pokemon that should Mega Evolve in Pokemon X and Y

An (imaginary) list of superpowered Pokemon

Old Pokemon have been given a new lease of life in Pokemon X and Y thanks to Mega Evolutions. These temporary power-ups boost the Pokemon's stats and gives them a makeover. Some are aesthetically fancy (Absol, Blaziken, Lucario) and others biologically radical (Mawile gets two extra maws, Mewtwo's tail hikes up to its head). What other possible new evolutions could the game offer for old faces? Here are some more Pokemon I'd like to Mega Evolve...

1. Venusaur

As the Bulbasaur family grows, the plants on its back grow larger. I imagine that Mega Venusaur would have not just one fabulous tree overflowing with striking pink leaves, but two at the very least! The lush jungle would also hide quadruple vine whips, making the mega-evolved Pokemon Red and Blue Starter a hulking green powerhouse.

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next page

Comments

1. 9 Times Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 11:11

If I could make one change to Mega Evolutions, it would be to not give starters this upgrade. I don't know, it just throws things off-balance for me, and i'm not sure why. I mean, i'm all for giving Mega evolutions to Pokemon like Houndoom or Vanilluxe (final evolutions with unexciting stats) but when legendaries and starters are thrown in, it seems pointless and quite frustrating.

2. Shmilly Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 12:00

I agree. All or none on the starters please. I know Blaziken will be "event only", but that doesn't mean people won't still be able to obtain one. Being held items, the Mega Stones are probably trade-able too.

3. Gargravarr Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 12:04

Yeah, I find Mega Blaziken cool but it does seem a bit like favouritism, and normal Blaziken's stats aren't exactly terrible to begin with either. I agree that either all starters should have Mega Evolutions or none of them should.

4. Tamzily01 Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 12:15

Gardevoir has already gotten a Fairy sub-typing, it doesn't seem like it would need a Mega Evolution too. Totally agree with Houndoom though.

5. SuperNintyFan333 Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 12:45

If houndoom got a mega evolution it should look a mix of twinbellows and zombie dogs from resi 2

6. Time-Bomb Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 13:36

I too can't believe they went anywhere near the starter pokemon! I won't mind as long as they at least give them to all the gen 3 starters. Otherwise it just makes them all feel so much less special.

I'd like to see a Mega Steelix, or a Mega Shuckle!

7. TheVelvetRoom Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 13:46

DUNSPAAARRRRRRRRRRCE!!!!

8. agentmario Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 14:04

My personal wishlist is for all starters to eventually become mega evolvable.

9. Jazzifinks Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 14:05

Mega Delcatty please!

10. stealth1497 Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 14:15

I'd prefer Houndoom to get a standard evolution, not a mega one - after all, that #666 spot needs to be filled...

I think I'd like to see a lot of non-evolved Pokemon getting mega evolutions, like they've all ready done with Mawile and Absol. Pokemon in that situation need a boost to make them more viable to battle with - as someone says, Dunsparce for example!

11. Komodo_Wolfgang Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 14:22

If houndoom got a mega evolution it should look a mix of Twinbellows and zombie dogs from resi 2

Probably more of a Cerberus type affare with more fire... Yeah probably twinbellows, but not as lava-y

12. Dan-the-Wii-man Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 14:49

Mega Charazard it should have to cool blotches like the one in the anime :3

13. Capt_Anders Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 14:50

Mega Shuckle, nuff said.

14. Time-Bomb Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 14:50

Mega Pinsir is a must.

15. Pokemon Luke Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 15:13

Well my list of 5 mega evolutions would be

Mega lucario, wait thats already here
    Mega rayquaza (if mewtwo gets the mega treatment sp should rayquaza!)
    Mega shiftry (hes a cool pokemon, and in my first pack of trading cards i got a shiftry ex)
    Mega dialga (mystery dingeons primal dialga looked wicked, maybe somthing similiar for a mega version
    Mega pacarisu (it would be so funny...)
    and a Mega charizard (the part dragon finally becomes a dragon!)

16. shadow.x Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 16:07

1: Mega Ditto. At least then Mega Ditto could have more moves then Transform alone. Possibly make it more of a fighting type or psychic type so it could be a much more formidable Pokémon!

2: Mega Raichu. We need this to happen! Just because Raichu already looks cool but add a Fight-type feel too it. Its only fair that the Pokémon mascot gets this, right?

3: Mega Rapidash. Only because I feel like its just still a Ponyta with a little extra fire. It needs that oomf!

4: Mega Dragonite. I feel as if Dragonite just doesn't match to what I was hoping to be when I first caught my Dratini. The complete change in colour, barely the same facial structure... It needs to be a lot more fierce! Its a DRAGON!!

5:Mega Snorlax. We just need this. Plain and Simple.

6. Mega Gengar. I thought this was an obvious choice....

7: Mega Clefable. Im just sick and tired of this lil cutey being so poor in matches!

8. Mega Wailord. Just for the sake of it. How big could it get!?

9: Mega Solrock/Lunatone. Lunatone will be a Full Moon and Solrock could be the Sunset. Pair them together for them to have like an Eclipse type move or ability which would be devastating!!!

10. Mega Alakazam !

17. jason1297 Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 16:44

Carnivine
    Gyarados
    Staraptor
    All starter Pokemon
    Vespiquen

18. jason1297 Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 16:45

Mega Shedinja is the way forward.

19. GamerOutlaw Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 17:00

I agree with the Lapras mega evolution. One of the best mon of any gen deserves a li'l boost. Would be nice for Vanilluxe to mega evolve aswell if only to change how it looks. :)

Other then that:
    Arcanine.
    Delcatty.
    Sandslash.
    Heracross.
    Altaria.

To be honest every single mon. Damn it.

20. fapchapval Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 17:02

All I want is a Gallade mega evolution. Gallade is one of my fave pokemon, and its REALLY awesome aesthetically but it isn't the greatest competitive pokmon, being in RU and all. I at least want x and y to give him some kind of power-up. Lati twin megaevos would be awesome, but I think if you gave a legendary or pseudo legend a mega evolution it would detract from the actual pokemon's greatness.

21. Version10 Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 18:18

MEGA SNORLAX used body slam... ouch

22. Divadio Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 18:38

DUNSPAAARRRRRRRRRRCE!!!!

I'm glad it isn't just me.

23. big-splat Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 18:51

Mega Magikarp?

24. Hero_Of_Moga Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 20:16

YOU ARE ALL WRONG WHAT WE NEED IS .......... MEGA WATCHOG nuff said
    but seriously I like the idea of lapras and houndoom though mega zoroark would be a welcome addition as well

25. Darkblizz Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 20:34

Just take Tyranitar, make him look a bit like Godzilla and I'll be happy.

26. fisher2007 Monday 2nd Sep 2013 at 22:13

Mega Mew.

27. Ant108 Tuesday 3rd Sep 2013 at 12:23

Mega Marowak has ring to it! :D

28. koopa_kicker Tuesday 3rd Sep 2013 at 18:23

Mega Magikarp?

This...

DUNSPAAARRRRRRRRRRCE!!!!

and this!

Epic fight to the death...!

29. Mega manaphy Sunday 8th Sep 2013 at 04:13

Mega manaphy and kyogore

30. TheAngryCaterpie Monday 4th Nov 2013 at 17:33

I guess I would lose a battle against a mega Vanniluxe, I have a nut-allergy... feel my pain!