Watch the new Pokemon movie on CITV next month, stars Pokemon X and Y's Mega Mewtwo

Plus, Pokemon X and Y animates series set to start

Pokemon fans will be able to catch Pokemon The Movie: Genesect And The Legend Awakened on CITV on Saturday 19 October at 9:35am.

The film is part of a special animated event on CITV following the release of Pokemon X and Y on 12 October. Following the film, the first two episodes of Pokemon the Series: XY will be shown on CITV at 11:35am.

Pokemon The Movie: Genesect And The Legend Awakened stars the extremely powerful Red Genesect and Mega Mewtwo, a new Pokemon that has been revealed for Pokemon X and Y.

In the film, five Genesect have invaded the big city and threaten its power supply, attracting the attention of Legendary Pokemon Mewtwo, whose motives are unknown. Ash, Pikachu, and friends must come to the rescue when the Genesects' powerful leader, Red Genesect, confronts Mewtwo.

As for the new Pokemon animated series, it is set in Pokemon X and Y's Kalos region and features never-before-seen Pokemon like Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. In between Gym battles, Ash and friends will look into a new Pokemon mystery and meet new Pokemon introduced in Pokemon X and Y.

These episodes are just a taster for the full season of Pokemon the Series: XY which will air on CITV in 2014.

Are you going to watch Pokemon The Movie: Genesect And The Legend Awakened?

Comments

1. TaleOfTheToaster Tuesday 10th Sep 2013 at 11:14

Man, I'm not going to be awake in time for that.

2. wizardgamer94 Tuesday 10th Sep 2013 at 11:25

Damn! I'll be at uni by then! Will have to get a TV licence or watch it at my friends place at uni

3. martynm Tuesday 10th Sep 2013 at 12:45

Wow, they didn't hang about with that, did they?

4. olrodlegacy Tuesday 10th Sep 2013 at 12:58

Or just watch it on SkyGo, which your home license covers...

I still maintain that they should release the anime on Blu-ray and DVD. I mean, every other show in the world is available to buy! They'd be quids-in!

5. Pyron12 Tuesday 10th Sep 2013 at 15:26

I just realized I'm going to miss it. Ah well, there is always ITV player if that co-operates.

6. King Slazo Tuesday 10th Sep 2013 at 15:34

Neat, I assumed the October 19th debut was gonna be America only, but its seems that's not the case.

Now to just hope that XY sees a return to the more intelligent style of storytelling that DP had rather than BW's fast and dumb method (though after the current Decolora arc... it can't get worse), and that the Genesect movie isn't as mediocre as the 14th and 15th movies.

7. 9 Times Tuesday 10th Sep 2013 at 15:46

Blegh, every show goes downhill sooner or later, and in my opinion, the Pokemon anime sank many years back. The new voices just aren't as impressive, and nor are the characters and sudden light hearted and colourful tone.
    I'm hoping this is the same Mewtwo, otherwise i'll be REALLY confused.

8. E123-Fawful Tuesday 10th Sep 2013 at 17:12

I'm hoping this is the same Mewtwo, otherwise i'll be REALLY confused.

This film is mediocre and Confusing. Won't say why as most are spoilers of sorts.
    If you want to know the plot then go to Bulbapedia but of course Spoilers if you do go.

9. E123-Fawful Tuesday 10th Sep 2013 at 17:17

Do'h.
    Meant Serebii.

10. CraigEmberson Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 02:00

People really dislike the BW anime? I thought it was miles better than the DPP anime, which I hated with a passion. There are always mainly filler episodes though, which can get a bit annoying when there's so many.