Pokemon X and Y: Seven new Pokemon and more Mega Evolutions revealed

The first details from CoroCoro are leaking out...

The latest edition of CoroCoro Magazine features seven new Pokemon for Pokemon X and Y, plus details on Mega Pokemon.

Beginning with Mega Pokemon, early reports suggest that a new form of Mega Mewtwo will appear in the new Pokemon adventure. Dubbed Mega Mewtwo X - is a Psychic/Fighting type Pokemon and has the ability Steadfast. It is said to be exclusive to Pokemon X while Mega Mewtwo Y (the one we've already seen) is reported to be exclusive to Pokemon Y.

Mega Garchomp also appears in the magazine. It is said to have the ability Sand Force.

As well as these Mega Pokemon, the latest edition of CoroCoro is reported to have revealed evolutions of the three Starter Pokemon Fennekin, Chespin and Froakie. We only have the Japanese names for now but Gerogashira reportedly evolves from Froakie, Hariboogu from Chespin and Teerunaa from Fennekin. Teerunaa is reported to be standing up in its picture.

As for their moves, Gerogashira is reported to know Jump, Hariboogu knows Mud Shot and Teerunaa knows Psycho Cut and has a split in its tail.

Then we have four more new Pokemon. Apparently, there are two fossils - a Rock/Dragon called Chigorasu and a Rock/Ice type named Amarasu. The magazine is also said to feature a Normal type white dog called Torimian and a Psychic-type cat named Nyaonikusu which can be both make and female. Its movepool is said to change depending on its gender so the male is more of a supporter while the female is more of an attacker

We're told that Chigorasu has a new ability called Hard Chin that increases attack power, Amarusu has Freeze Skin (the Ice version of Normalize), Torimian has Fur Coat which reduces physical damage and Nyaonikusu has Keen Eye or Infiltrator.

That's all for new Pokemon. Remember that all this information has yet to be confirmed by the Pokemon Company but we hope to have new details soon. You can see pictures of the new Pokemon plus Mega Mewtwo and Mega Garchomp on Serebii. What do you think of these new Pokemon?

Comments

1. FoxMcCloud Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 10:50

Another different Mega Evolution for Mewtwo!!?? So do you use Mewtwonite to mega to MegaMewtwo but bloody something like Mewtwofightanite to change to the new fighting type mega and then what...a bloody stone/mega for each type!? Anyone else think this mega thing is getting a bit out of hand if there are several different mega evolutions for all the pokémon?

2. stary64 Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 11:06

Mega Mewtwo X is exclusive to Pokemon X and the other Mega Mewtwo is now Mega Mewtwo Y which is exclusive to Pokemon Y.

3. CDS Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 11:16

Psychic cat? Yes please.
    Go well with my new Dark/Psychic type I'm thinking of building.
    Sorry Cyndaquil! Please forgive me!

4. martynm Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 11:19

I'm glad Mewtwos type changes. It's a shame he would be vulnerable to dark types all this time. I've always considered him to be a Dark/Psychic type though

Mega Mewtwo Y is lovely though...

5. shy guy 64 Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 12:19

great

have you seen the evolved form of the starters they are wacky

6. big-splat Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 13:00

Chespin's evolution certainly looks odd...

7. James McNevin Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 13:28

I actually really like Chespin's evolution. I don't know why but I'm a big fan of oval-shaped Pokemon like Ludicolo and Pignite. He's really cute :3.

Fennekin's evolution is probably my least favourite to be honest. I'm getting too much of a Lucario vibe from it. It should have stayed four-legged in my honest opinion.

Froakie's evolution is the best of the lot. He just screams 'cool'.

So far I'm still choosing Chespin, but it all depends what their final evolutions look like and if there are any interesting dual-type combinations. I'm definitely predicting Chespin's final form is going to be Grass/Ground. According to Serebii the middle evolution knows Mud Shot; it gives us a really strong clue.

Now on to Mewtwo. I definitely figured he'd get another evolution that'd be exclusive to both X and Y. There we have it, our link to genetics. Mewtwo is a clone pokemon and he has forms based on the two different chromosomes. I don't think he'll get a Z form.

The other revealed Pokemon are really interesting, but my favourite is the brachiosaurus Pokemon. His ability makes every Normal type move an Ice type move while simultaneously powering them up. It has potential for some great move sets. Imagine an Ice Hyper Beam, or imagine a physical move like an Ice Stength (if the Pokemon is able to learn). I've never been one to keep the token fossil Pokemon on my team, but this guy has staying power!

8. Time-Bomb Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 13:54

And people laughed at me when I said Froakie was the best! Who's laughing now! Haha...

After seeing Mewtwo X I'll definitely be getting Pokemon X, cos it has Clauncher too!

The cat Pokemon are quite cool I guess. Fennekin's evolution is one of the worst I've ever seen, in my opinion.

That's pretty much everything the pokebeach rumours/leak said confirmed now. We're just waiting for the dark/psychic/fighting reverse triangle on the final evos of the starters. I've no doubt it'll be true...

9. shadowlugia101 Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 15:39

AMAZING LEAKS!! this is just what i needed, highlight of the week!

these middle starter evolutions don't really amaze me, i have to say chespins looks awful so i doubt he'll be on my team, fennekins doesn't look good either, in fact it looks like an artists prediction of what fennekins evo would look like that you would see on google images. Froakies was the one that stood out most for me, so now chespin has been replaced by froakie on my team, however i won't hold final judgement until we see these final evos, so chespin still has a chance to win me back.

Mega garchomp was a nice surprise and that thing looks like a freaking behemoth of a pokemon, i could imagine that thing destroying nearly every pokemon, mega mewtwo X looks cool as well and is a definite improvement over the Y version, and a new fighting type added to it will now mean that it has a chance against dark pokemon, so the X form looks like the one to go for.

As soon as i heard that a rock dragon T-rex pokemon was there i was instantly pumped and its picture didn't dissapoint, this thing will almost certainly have a place on my team, here's hoping it gets an evolution as well and that thing will be my main companion, the other dinosaur looks ok, to me its nothing special but certainly could be interesting, i doubt it will get a place on my team though. same goes for the cats who have a nice gender difference and the dog as well, altough being able to cut its fur and change its colour is cool.

So as of now, my team will be: Froakies middle evo, Honedge, talonflame, T-rex pokemon, sylveon and malimar

10. DynamicPunch202 Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 17:58

Finally, this is the kind of info we've been waiting for. I like Froakie's and Fennekin's evolution, but Chespin's looks like the offspring of a Swadloon and a Pignite. Mega Mewtwo X is very interesting, but not enough to sway me away from Y, Yveltal is just to awesome. I adore that T-rex Pokémon, and as a result, Gogoat is getting booted from my team in place of him (even though he'll get his arse kicked by the other one).

11. Luke Ario Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 18:08

Ok, here are my thoughts:
    1. That MegaMewtwo Y looks much better than the last one.
    2. I like dogs, so I like the new dog.
    3. I hate cats so I don't like the cat.
    4. Fennekin looks set to evolve into a Fire\Fighting type. I'm not complaining - they are my two favourite types.
    5. Chespin has gone down in my estimations.
    6. Froakie has gone WAY up in my estimations.
    7. Garchomp is one of my favourite Pokemon, but I'm not so sure about its megalution. Or at least not as sure as I was that I love MegaBlaziken and MegaLucario.
    8.I love T-rexes AND Diplodocuses. Choosing a fossil Pokemon is going to be hard.

12. Pyron12 Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 18:23

I don't like Mewtwo X because he feels like a rip-off of Gallade, just a different look with better stats. At least Mewtwo Y looks more original.
    I'm now getting Froakie or Fennekin.

13. ThePokekid78 Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 19:49

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

OH GOD, CHESPIN'S EVOLUTION!!

I thought it was impossible for them to make something worse than Chespin, but somehow...they did it....I literally can't stop laughing!!!

14. Luke Ario Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 19:58

I've just realised what is putting me off MegaGarchomp - that chin is just a bit wierd.

15. RiksilveR Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 20:03

Actually, it's Mewtwonite X for Mega Mewtwo X and Mewtwonite Y for Mega Mewtwo Y. I wouldn't say it's getting out of hand either; Mewtwo is only getting this special treatment because he's, well, Mewtwo. I highly doubt there'll be several Mega Evolutions for every Pokemon capable of Mega Evolving, and I doubt even further that ALL Pokemon will Mega Evolve; it'd just be too much.

As for the starters, Chespin's evolution horrified me at first, but I can't stop myself from liking the rotund spike-ball thing when it looks so damn happy.
    Froakie's evolution is cool, I bet all his haters are eating their hats about now.
    Fennekin's is... Meh.
    I hope Chespin's and Fennekin's evolutions do a Pignite and suddenly turn awesome in the final evolution, otherwise I may have to go with Froakie.

16. James McNevin Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 20:11

Fennekin's evolution. I don't understand why it has what looks like a twig sticking out of its tail. Is there some sort of mythology from any culture that features a fox with sticks or a tree? It might give us a clue to it's final form and possibly it's typing? I think it's either going to be Fire/Psychic or Fire/Ghost. But really, I don't care what it is as long as its not another bloody Fire/Fighting type!

I completely missed the bit about Mega Garchomp when I was reading Serebii this morning! My opinion is that it's a little bit lazy of a design; Garchomp with added spikes, snore. It'd be cool if they'd given him a torpedo-hammer tail and maybe the 'flaps' on his arms could have become wings instead of scythes? I dunno..

The rest of the revealed Pokemon, with the exception of the new fossil guys, seem a little bit gimmicky to me. A dog you can dress up? Naaaah.

17. BanksLad Wednesday 11th Sep 2013 at 23:26

I'm torn on some of the Mega Evolutions. Also disappointed that there hasn't been one confirmed for Raichu. Every starter from every generation is probably going to have one, so as the starter of yellow, shouldn't he too?

I've seen what is rumoured to be the full list of Pokemon getting mega evolutions and he's nowhere to be seen.

18. CraigEmberson Thursday 12th Sep 2013 at 01:33

Ok, here are my thoughts:
    1. That MegaMewtwo Y looks much better than the last one.
    2. I like dogs, so I like the new dog.
    3. I hate cats so I don't like the cat.
    5. Chespin has gone down in my estimations.
    6. Froakie has gone WAY up in my estimations.

Nope, Fennekin's final evolution is Fire/Psychic. Teruna has a broomstick tail ;-) It's based on the Kitsune, a mythological bewitching fox. Digimon did it first with Renamon/Kyubimon/Taomon/Sakuyamon.

19. ChloeAnn Thursday 12th Sep 2013 at 03:24

The tail is supposed to resemble a broomstick, hence the twig. Therefore, it'll most likely be either Fire/Psychic or Fire/Fairy.

Also, am I the only one who sees a motif possibly emerging? Chespin's shell armour makes it resemble a knight, Fennekin looks like a mage/wizard, and Froakie seems to be a rogue/ninja.

20. lui_gui Thursday 12th Sep 2013 at 09:36

Hariboogu is the best thing to have come out of the Pokemon Company in years.

21. HaydnRhys Thursday 12th Sep 2013 at 15:35

Uugh! :shock: Mega Mewtwo X looks HORRIBLE! I much prefer the Y form, but I'm still getting X, because I absolutely adore Xerneas

22. Faeriegoddess Thursday 12th Sep 2013 at 23:59

Chespin's evo looks absolutely awful in my opinion . This pokemon has to be the ugliest i have seen so far. Sorry but this is how i feel.I do not mind fennekin's evo as long as it is not a fire/fighting. Frokie's dose not bother me much either.

23. Bobby123 Wednesday 18th Sep 2013 at 17:53

Froakie will definitely be on my team because his evolution is awsome,chespines evoltion is ugly and fennikins evolvtion is just a copy of lucario :evil:

24. Bobby123 Thursday 19th Sep 2013 at 18:17

My team will definitely be froakies 2nd evo,te Rex pokemon the dog pokemon venasaur mega evolvtion , talon flame or the giant bat pokemon ??? I don't know what other pokemon I will have on my team but I know I am definitely getting pokemon bank but the bad thing is that it is Ł5 that sucks before I forget chespines evo looks like a football made of leave or even a crossbreed between swadloon and pignite and I know I am gonna catch them all 8)

25. Bobby123 Friday 20th Sep 2013 at 16:46