Pokemon X and Y: New Pokemon revealed - meet Doublade

It's Honedge's evolution

The Pokemon Company has revealed another new Pokemon for Pokemon X and Y. It's Doublade, Honedge's evolution.

Doublade is a Steel/Ghost-type Pokemon which is capable of carrying out intricate attacks by telepathically coordinating its two blades to deliver twice the slice in battle. Like Honedge, it's Ability is No Guard.

What do you think of this new Pokemon?

Comments

1. DynamicPunch202 Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 15:32

Well... there goes the theory of him evolving into a cool possessed knight Pokemon.

2. E123-Fawful Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 15:34

Triplades next if it evolves again then.
    1 of the first Pokemon of Gen VI that is disappointing. :roll:

3. Komodo_Wolfgang Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 15:38

Triplades next if it evolves again then.
    1 of the first Pokemon of Gen VI that is disappointing. :roll:

really? I think both of these ideas are good. Im disappointed it wasnt a different pokemon evolving, but these two are the 1st origionalistic ideas Ive liked in a while.

That yellow 'lizard' thing better evolve. It looks horrible.

4. shadowlugia101 Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 15:39

cool evolution, i would've expected it to of had a shield instead of two swords. but i still want to hold onto some hope there may be a possess armour pokemon

5. shy guy 64 Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 15:40

AWESOME

6. E123-Fawful Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 15:44

Triplades next if it evolves again then.
    1 of the first Pokemon of Gen VI that is disappointing. :roll:

That yellow 'lizard' thing better evolve. It looks horrible.

Possessed Swords don't really, ahem, cut :mrgreen: it for me. Reminds me of the Floating Magnet Pokemon or the Rocks with arms.
    Doublade could have done with an ability which allowed it to attack twice or it gets a decent move which does that.

7. Scraggy man Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 15:51

I really was hoping for that possessed suit of armour.
    sigh

hope there are some other good Steel types hitting Gen 6

8. conodsi Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 16:06

I really was hoping for that possessed suit of armour.
    sigh

hope there are some other good Steel types hitting Gen 6

Don't give up hope, could be like Magnemite :D

9. Time-Bomb Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 16:21

This thing has the most confusing face ever. Trying to pet it and feed it on Pokemon-Amie will probably give everyone nightmares. Does it even have a mouth?!

10. strawhathippie Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 16:41

Kind of a letdown seeing as Honedge looked so cool.
    Like most people I wanted a possessed knight but that hasn't happened.
    Hopefully, this is the Klink scenario, and if this is the case, I'm hoping that his third evolution is going to be a knight of some description. :D

11. Zephild Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 16:45

Can't believe it's all about it, that is a sword ! A pair of swords now, it must be carried ! :o

12. NOM is NOM Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 16:52

Like many people I'm holding out for this to evolve into a suit of armour with a honedge at each side of it's waist with green 'tassles' and a third green tassle coming from the top of it's helmet.

A guy can dream. :cry:

13. Argenthor Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 18:18

Geodude? Call him by his name at least! :(

I think because I grew up with gen 1, I expect everyone to know them perfectly...

14. E123-Fawful Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 18:23

I named examples of uncreative Pokemon and took a jab at those Genwunners who say the originals were best and all that garbage they spew about 2 on-wards not being Pokemon. Of course I know Geodude and I hate 'em (which is why I referenced them with "Rocks with arms"). Show up too often.

15. CraigEmberson Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 20:14

I really like this and the tassels seem to be changing in order of the colour wheel. I think the next evolution will be three blades - one pointing up and the others pointing diagonally pointing down. I think the tassels will turn red as well and it looks like a shield emerging from behind.

16. K-tet Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 20:25

I actually quite like the design, even if all it is are two Honedge's glued together. If it evolves again, it'll most likely be three Honedge's glued together (or just imagine two Doublade's glued together, that'd be a laugh and a half!)

How many others have been 'joined at the hip' (or head) so to speak? Quite a few.

17. fisher2007 Wednesday 25th Sep 2013 at 20:46

AWESOME

18. Faeriegoddess Thursday 26th Sep 2013 at 03:56

This is a really pain design . I was accepting and hoping for something a lot cooler.

19. Spyrolad Thursday 26th Sep 2013 at 14:08

Well I think it's pretty cool

20. BlueLink3411 Thursday 26th Sep 2013 at 22:08

- Immune to Poison, Fighting and Normal.
    - Weak to Ghost, Dark, Fire, Ground.
    - Doubly resists Bug.
    - Normally resists Psychic, Fairy, Steel, Ice, Grass, Flying, Dragon and Rock.
    - Neutral damage from Electric and Water.

Do I NEED to give anymore reasons why I like this evolution line?