Two new 3DS XL colours revealed

Coming to Japan before Christmas

Two more limited edition 3DS XL consoles have been announced. Orange and Black plus a Tourquoise and Black consoles are coming to Japan on 11 November and cost 19,900 Yen each.

These consoles make it four new editions of 3DS that have been announced in a matter of weeks. The Legend Of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 3DS XL will be released in the UK on 22 November, a Monster Hunter 4 is coming to Japan on 7 December and now we have these two new consoles.

It also means that there are now 52 different designs of 3DS.

What do you think of these new colours? Would you like them to be released in the UK?

Comments

1. Dark nemisis Wednesday 23rd Oct 2013 at 08:11

They actually look really cool. Although I would only buy one if they were the same price as all other 3DS XLs otherwise I would rather have a special edition!

2. Nick McRae Wednesday 23rd Oct 2013 at 08:13

As a Wolves fan, I took a shine to the Zelda XL, never mind an actual orange and black one!

3. tenshi_a Wednesday 23rd Oct 2013 at 08:20

Heads up, ONM - Nintendo are also releasing the special Year Of Luigi XL in the UK, it's up for pre-order on the official Nintendo online shop, for release on the 1st Nov, at 179.99

4. tomonm Wednesday 23rd Oct 2013 at 08:24

Yeah, we know. Didn't write about this in this article because it's not actually an all-new 3DS. It was released in Japan in the summer.

5. SamManSam Wednesday 23rd Oct 2013 at 08:28

Nope, don't like them. I don't like how the buttons and stylus are different colours. If there were a green one, then we'd be talking.

6. tenshi_a Wednesday 23rd Oct 2013 at 08:48

Fair enough. :) I've had my eye on those Japanese Luigi ones all this time, so I preordered a European one for myself the other day. :)

7. peter-wright Wednesday 23rd Oct 2013 at 11:09

The Tourquoise and Black looks nice but if I could re-buy my 3DS it would be the zelda XL

8. lrwr14 Wednesday 23rd Oct 2013 at 18:41

Both look pretty cool. But I already have an XL, so unless my white one breaks I'll pass.

9. aletissier Thursday 24th Oct 2013 at 06:17

If it was white and turquoise I would buy it in a heart beat (and if it was coming to the UK!) They look pretty cool though, although I would have thought a tech/diy minded person could mod their own XL like this if they really wanted.

10. JessP303 Sunday 24th Nov 2013 at 17:00

I would really love to see these colours in Europe, I like the orange one especially!