Best new Pokemon in Pokemon X and Y

Marti Bennett chooses her favourites

For me, the best part of any new main series Pokemon game is discovering all the new Pokemon. Or even new evolutions for old Pokemon. Of course, Pokemon X and Y have been no exception. Not only do we get brand new Pokemon, but we have Mega Evolutions of older Pokemon to discover.

I've been playing Pokemon X for a couple weeks now and have found loads of new Pokemon on my adventure. Here are my favourites

Pumpkaboo

The Ghost/Grass type pumpkin Pokémon Pumpkaboo, can come in different sizes. Small, normal, large, and super size. It's not evidently clear which size it is until you catch it or if it's next to a Pumpkaboo of a different size. At first I thought it was just a cosmetic difference like the Pokemon Spinda, but Pumpkaboo's size can also effect its base stats. The bigger it is, the more likely it is to have higher stats. Pumpkaboo's form can not be changed, it stays the size it was when you first encountered it.

Furfrou

On the surface Furfrou looks like your standard boring normal type Pokemon with nothing special going on. But you can give this Poodle Pokemon a haircut and there's even a special Furfrou salon in Lumiose City. There are nine different styles you can choose from but after five days it will revert back to it's natural form. The forms have no effect on battles.

Mega Kangaskhan

Kangaskhan is one of my favourite Pokemon from the original games. When the clip of Mega Kangaskhan was shown at the Pokemon World Championships a couple months ago I was really surprised. I had always wondered when the little baby Kangaskhan would make an appearance as a pre-evolution, let alone jump out and fight along side its parent. Even though it looks slightly more 'evolved' than when it's in the pouch, I still think it looks super cute! I've not got a Kangaskhan in my team yet but I am really looking forward to using this Mega Evolution.

Previous 1 2 Next page

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 09:29

personally my favrouite is klefki

2. shadowlugia101 Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 09:55

The king himself Tyrantrum is without a doubt my favourite gen 6 pokemon, and i have to say i do love clauncher as well.

3. Tamzily01 Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 10:00

Meowstic. I'm not really big on cats (or anything based on cats), but Meowstic was one of those Pokemon that, when I saw it, I felt like I had to have one on my team. And it didn't disappoint either. Mine is still a permanent team member.

I'll also agree on Vivillon. Same case a Meowstic really. Great special attack stat, great speed, though I did feel like she was a little underused after wrapping up the Team Flare story arc.

4. Luke Ario Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 10:10

What? No Goodra? I mean, Goomy is awesome for it's stupidity but I actually think Goodra is awesome!

I'm quite surprised at the lack of Pangoro or Pyroar on this list.

5. Mew3 Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 10:12

Mega Charizard X, Tyrantrum, anything related to Noivern...
    I love them all so much that I have them in my (extremely unbalanced) team for X!

6. E123-Fawful Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 10:36

Mega Blastoise
    Noivern
    Yveltal
    Mega Mewtwo Y
    Talonflame
    Chesnaught

Those were the best.
    No overrated Lizards on mine. :wink:

7. Zephild Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 11:08

My favourite are Mega Blaziken, Meowstic (male and female), Tyrunt and... Dedenne the heroic.

8. pokemaster Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 11:26

Aegislash, Heliodisk, and Malamar all interest me the most for their move and ability combinations.
    I really like the designs of some of this gens Pokemon, they really seem to fit well, and make up for the likes of Trubbish.

9. DarkDeoxys Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 11:33

for me my favourite pokemon this gen are

Aegislash
    Mega Gengar
    Tyrantrum
    Yvetal

There are really some memorable pokemon this Gen

10. fisher2007 Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 13:12

my favorite pokemon

Tyrantrum (use him at the elite four)
    Mega Charizard X (he's my favorite but i don't use him and put him in pc because i had a fire starter didn't want another in my party same as blaziken he's in pc too.)
    Mega Lucario (use him at some gym leader's and use him at the elite four)

can't think right now and when i do think i edit the post later.

11. IG-42 Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 16:41

FOOL YOU CANNOT DENY HAWLUCHA!!!

12. RainbowGazelle Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 17:13

Just want to correct you on Pumpkaboos. The bigger they are the more likely they are to have higher attack and defence, but they're generally slower than the smaller ones.

13. Komodo_Wolfgang Saturday 26th Oct 2013 at 22:22

A friend of mine gave me a Shiny female clauncher the other day. I prefer it shiny I must say.

My new favourite is Noivern without a doubt. I shouted out an "aww!" when I saw pumkaboo and phantump, theyre so damn adorable.

I must admit I didnt like most of the new pokemon, but they seem to fit in really well now, its strange. I also find it how charizard has two mega evolutions and also how blaziken has one but swampert and sceptile dont. This game holds a lot of mysteries.

I dont like how little new pokemon their are. I have a funny feeling there are more to be revealed.

14. Tazer_Silverscar Sunday 27th Oct 2013 at 01:11

Their size also changes their weight, which alters the efficiency of certain moves.

I've not gotten around to the competitive yet, but I'm sure Mega Evolutions are going to be a big part of my teams. I'm also curious as to whether there's going to be more stuff to come, as there's a lot of references to side-storylines which have yet to be explored (and I want an official explanation for the creepy Hex Maniac/Ghost in Lumiose City!)

I also want more Megas, so there's an even greater tactical flexibility =P

15. D.Factor Sunday 27th Oct 2013 at 04:50

I think Mega Mawile isn't anything to be scoffed at either. Since now it's a dual steel/fighting and wasn't a weak attacker to begin with its only become better since the 3rd generation.

Not to mention the face it makes whenever it uses a special attack or effect move. It's cute and awesome at the same time.

16. shy guy 64 Sunday 27th Oct 2013 at 09:27

its steel fairy

17. Kev_h80 Sunday 27th Oct 2013 at 15:15

So many cute and adorable new Pokémon - I can't wait to get hold of this gme in a few weeks! :D

18. Dean Thompson Sunday 27th Oct 2013 at 16:35

This went a bit wrong didn't it. First, Pumpkaboo, doesn't get better stats, rather, their is a HP-speed trade-off.
    Second, Furfrou, contrary to you choice of words and sentence structure, does not look like a boring normal type given its superficial appearance mods, but in fact is.

You are spot on about Kangaskhan though and the rest is ok too.

19. PowerToMii Sunday 27th Oct 2013 at 18:20

Probably controversial, but I do like Honedge and his final evolution. The form change is so cool!

20. EdDeRs1 Monday 28th Oct 2013 at 22:00

what about the Kung Fu Panda Pokemon! he's awesome!

21. badtrip Monday 4th Nov 2013 at 01:06

This is an extremely poorly written article. Unimpressed.

22. RiksilveR Monday 4th Nov 2013 at 13:58

Talonflame. Talonflame wins everything.

23. Rikkulicious Tuesday 5th Nov 2013 at 03:15

I was never a fan of the Ralts evolutionary line before, but now with the Mega Gardevoir and part fairy typing it has become a vital part of my team, Tyrantrum is also in there as it looks awesome and is so powerful, I am also a huge fan of Talonflame, so many other amazing new Pokemon from this generation too, and people claim GF/Nintendo are running out of ideas for new Pokemon, there may not have been as many as in previous generations but for me this is one of their strongest lineups of new Pokemon.