LGC: Kororinpa Returns To Wii

First trailer of ball-rolling maze game

Konami has revealed that a sequel for Kororinpa, the ball-rolling maze game, will be coming to Wii soon. You can watch the first Kororinpa 2 trailer now on our video player.

This time there's a strange story which sees you trying to help Anthony The Ant create a path to the sunflower seed. What this means is that you have to roll various balls (and a box) through stages set across seven areas. There are multiple difficulty levels and more stages will be unlocked once you complete the main areas.

If that's not enough, you'll also be able to create your own stages by making use of the 40 widgets available. You'll also be able to design your own Mii ball.

Kororinpa was an excellent game but a bit short. With the extra difficulty levels, the ability to create your own courses and four-player options, it should have more longevity this time.

Comments

1. Gordon Ramsey Thursday 21st Aug 2008 at 12:22

Hurrah! I can finally roll that cute little piggy, kitty and poochy around those obscure courses again. :D

I finished Kororinpa with all the green crystals and nearly all gold trophies too, hopefully the sequel has more too it.

2. Dead Man Walking Thursday 21st Aug 2008 at 14:41

Multiplayer?
    Stage Creator?
    Ball Creator?

Oh my!

I loved the first game, and this looks even more awesome... Here's hoping that we can share stages online!

3. Spoon-man Thursday 21st Aug 2008 at 19:44

The thing that held me back from getting the original was the length, so I hope to get this version instead.

BALLSFTW!

4. LordYoshiman Thursday 21st Aug 2008 at 21:25

I plan on getting this. I hope it uses Motion Plus for super-precise movements but it isn't necessary. I never got the first but all the new features makes it awesome. Perhaps even LittleBigPlanet with... Spheres :P

5. Akerjlg Thursday 21st Aug 2008 at 21:32

The first game was top notch, and the multiplayer was rather fun too. So much better than Monkey Ball if you ask me.

I will gladly buy the second game, hoping that the game still features it's really madcap soundtrack, great level design, general sense of fun and of course, all these awesome features they're knowing in.

The UFO Ball was my favourite, I actually got spookily good using the little blighter.

6. Nemesis X1 Saturday 23rd Aug 2008 at 12:23

If this is even half as good as the original I'll be happy, and if the video is anything to go by then it is set to be even better! CAN'T WAIT!

7. PrincessLily Saturday 23rd Aug 2008 at 13:38

Excellent :D Kororinpa remains one of my favourite Wii games. I would never have bought it, but when I read some of the excellent reviews it got I thought it would be worth a try. It is the type of game that everyone can join in with and it is so addictive.

8. x-man2000 Monday 25th Aug 2008 at 11:28

The first game was great, I played about half of it at my friend's house but didn't buy it myself due to its length. This one should be a must-have.

9. xevilpunkx Tuesday 26th Aug 2008 at 11:54

I hope there's an option you can use the balance board instead of controller :-)

10. adamwalker222 Monday 1st Sep 2008 at 09:45

WOW! that looks amazing! i got the orginal but got bored of it ( most likely bcoz fifa 08 came out ) so i traded it in, but that looks good, and i love the idea of using the balance board, but that could get frustrating.

11. Andy88 Monday 1st Sep 2008 at 14:34

wait, you roll a ball around a maze?

so what's the game with the revolving stick that you have to guide around a maze? i think it popped up as an assist trophy in brawl.

i always thought that was Kororinpa... :?