New Smash Bros. Wii U screenshot reveals, er, a dog

Sakurai's fetched the Nintendogs Assist Trophy from Brawl

Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai's early Miiverse pics of the day seemed to suggest that the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game would be very different indeed. The more we see of the latter however, the more we realise just how much he's bringing to his 1080p baby from other platforms.

Take today's pic: at first glance it seems you've accidentally clicked on that "Dog Licking Screen" site, but it turns out Sakurai's taken Brawl's Nintendogs Assist Trophy, switched the breed to the 3DS version's French bulldog and nicked some HD fur code from the Donkey Kong team.

It might be one of the least-loved trophies from Brawl, seeing as its primary power is just making everyone stop playing for a bit, but at least now it's adorable.

Comments

1. SamManSam Friday 13th Dec 2013 at 10:28

Eurgh. I swear, if we don't have a big reveal soon I won't be held responsible for my actions. Everyone within a mile radius of me better run.

2. martynm Friday 13th Dec 2013 at 10:44

Aw...i think it's funny when the Nintendog turns up on Brawl. So adorable and most importantly, it tests me to cope with the mayhem and hope my character is doing OK :)

3. BulletPhil Friday 13th Dec 2013 at 12:33

I love how they included the Link to the 'Dog licking site'. They need to reveal what Olimar's new Final Smash is, it cant be the Rocket because that's now an item :|

4. Scraggy man Friday 13th Dec 2013 at 13:25

GO BACK TO THE SHADOW!
    I hate that dog, so, so much.

5. adamatsu Friday 13th Dec 2013 at 14:47

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......i really hope something interesting happens soon

6. diodimer Friday 13th Dec 2013 at 15:45

@BulletPhil That's not necessarily the case. A baseball bat is an item in previous Smash games, and that has still been Ness' smash attack.

7. E123-Fawful Friday 13th Dec 2013 at 16:19

Now we need Fish AI otherwise it won't be better than CoD: Ghosts. :mrgreen:

Seriously though. I hated the Nintendog in Brawl. I still hate it now.

8. IG-42 Friday 13th Dec 2013 at 17:43

i hate you

9. KameRule Friday 13th Dec 2013 at 18:47

I think it's funny how we get truckloads of cool info force-fed into our gaping mouths every day, and then the minute we get something average, we're just left with rage. Though I still hate the pup, it's not all bad.

10. BulletPhil Friday 13th Dec 2013 at 19:17

This isn't even average, as far as 'Pic of the day' goes. This is rather big news opposed to some Joke pic of the day.

11. Luke Ario Saturday 14th Dec 2013 at 10:41

I loved the Labrador, but this is just so... forgive me for using the word... cute!

12. EdDeRs1 Monday 16th Dec 2013 at 22:19

DAMNIT! you just HAD to link that Dog Licking the Screen site didn't you?