All-Change At ONM! Nair Ditched, Skrebels & Castle Rise To Heaven!

Team changes at ONM see Matthew Castle and Joe Skrebels promoted to Editor and News Editor respectively.

I am happy to announce that ONM stalwarts Matthew Castle and Joe Skrebels have been promoted! Depending on who you ask the promotions are either a just reward for their continued dedication to the cause or an admin error of epic proportions.

Joe now patrols the office with the words 'News Editor, Boi!' emblazoned across his forehead - because can - and will now assume control of the ONM website and social channels as well as continuing his awesome work on the print and digital editions.

Matthew has been promoted to captain of the good ship ONM, a position that seemingly fulfills every dream his chocolate-coated, floaty-light mind has ever conceived. Bless. Loyal readers need not fear that the wage increase will affect the quality of paper ONM enjoys because, naturally, Matthew's incentive will be provided by knocked-off boxes of Wispa Golds rather than actual monies. . . because can.

I'm sure you'll all join me in congratulating both Matthew and Joe, who, on a serious note, fully deserve their new positions.

ONM subscribers, who will be receiving their copies of ONM104 from today, will also discover that the February issue will be my last at the helm before I hand over to Matthew. I will be stepping down from my position as Editor-In-Chief of Nintendo Projects at Future Publishing and will be moving onto new things.

I would like to thank you all for putting up with my ego-driven return to the ONM stable. Much like Michael Schumacher's return (Matthew, this is an F1 reference, just so you understand), I took a lot and I'm not entirely convinced that I gave anything back. Still, it was a fun 20 months, right?

Comments

1. alexjones94 Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 09:42

Wow. While change is often good for keeping a mag fresh, it'll be a shame to see you (and that hair) go, Chandra. Always seemed like a thoroughly nice chap whenever I had bits of contact. All the best for future endeavours!
    Also, enormous congratulations to Joe and Matthew, I have absolutely no doubt ONM will go from strength to strength with you guys at the helm, and there's no-one more deserving. I'm chuffed, both for you guys, and for the magazine's future. Best of luck!

2. craigulous Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 10:09

Subscription cancelled...

Just kidding, I'm not a subscriber anyway :shock:

2 team members gone in a short space of each other, are you going to be recruiting?

3. MatthewONM Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 10:16

Watch this space...

4. samus_killer Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 10:23

Best of luck for you whatever you do next, Chandra. It was great having you back, even if it was for a shorter period this time.

And congratulations, Matt & Joe! If this means we'll be seeing Joe around the site (and hopefully the forums) more, then that can only mean a good thing.

5. martynm Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 11:07

Well, this is a surprise but hey, well done to Joe and Matthew. two great personalities of the magazine are getting promoted and, while I hope the magazine won't too much through the change, I look forward to whatever these two bring to the magazine in the future.

And to Chandra, first of all, it was nice to know he was leaving now as last time, I missed out on one issue and Neil appeared. it was a confusing time for me. However, I wish him well. it'll be strange not to hear that enthusiastic voice on the podcasts singing the praises of Nintendo when all others are all doom and gloom for them. I wish him the very best. Opening the magazine to see Matthews face holding a Gamepad won't be the same as Chandra welcoming us with all those wacky poses while holding a 3DS XL and a plushie in his back pocket (In fact, before he leaves, check his back pocket in case he steals anything. I know it's his last day but stealing from the workplace is still bad). Good luck ,Chandra!

craigulous wrote:

Watch this space...

And to those people, I hope wish them well. It'll be interesting to see new faces and know more about them. I'm sure they will bring the same camaraderie in the podcasts which I enjoy so much. Be they Future staffers or fresh new people, I'm sure us readers will welcome them.

Good Luck everyone!

6. Grant Jones Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 11:13

Wishing Chandra all the best, remember reading your reviews in the old Dreamcast Magazine. I feel it is only right that you form a freelance super squad of writers. Tell Jes Bickham to put the silly Games Workshop toys away, Tim Weaver to scrap the murder mysteries and Kittsy to stop pretending to be a less busty Nigella. Realistically though, I'm looking forward to what happens next - hopefully not a magazine suspiciously dominated by adverts for a certain chocolate bar.
    I hope this isn't similar to what happened to NGamer whereby you are gradually swallowed up by a broader gaming publication (such as CVG).

7. Miguel Sanchez Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 12:38

Farewell then, Chandra. You'll be back. They always come back.

Congrats to Castle and Skrebels on their successful coup, let your reign of extended metaphors and comic timing be a good one. It will be, right?

8. kevws77 Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 14:01

Good luck Chandra. A top bloke who is always very personable - we always knew that Nintendo blood coursed through your veins, so hopefully you'll be back again in the future.

9. KaptainKrauser Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 14:35

Bye Chandra! It was fun.

I expect great things, Matthew.

10. IRNBRU64 Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 16:18

Chandra... Come back a third time... Plz

11. vtheyoshi Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 16:47

Shame to see you and your hair go, Chandra, man. I'm sure the rest of them are capable, though.

12. MistaChristopher Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 16:48

So surely every ONM reader get's Wispa Golds now right?.........................right?

Well congratulations to Matt and Joe and farewell to Chandra, maybe we'll see you again!

13. acegibbo Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 17:36

Goodbye Chandra. You were a great part to the ONM team and have given me inspiration to become part of the team as well when I leave school. Congrats to both Matthew and Joe for getting promoted and I wish the three the best of luck in the future.

14. Yell-Darb Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 18:22

Here here!!!
    Best of luck to all 3 of you.
    p.s. Why don't you guys respond on miiverse??? Don't tell me your on PS4 or Sesbox One!?

15. Tazer_Silverscar Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 18:37

So where's Chandra going now?

16. danbish Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 18:40

Wow! Didn't see this coming. Congrats to Matthew and Joe but Chandra, you've only just come back! Hope you return to the Nintendo fold again in the future - best of luck.

Chandra's going, Tom has gone, what's happening at ONM towers?

17. lminett Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 19:03

Man I can remember so many of the guys that have come and gone in the last 4 or 5 years. So many changes!

18. shadowlugia101 Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 19:21

It's a real shame to see you go Chandra, it only felt like you were with us for a few months and you were always great to listen to on the podcast and keep everything in order, however i do believe that you've done an excellent choice in making Mathew your successor, i'm very happy for you Mathew and i and the rest of the forumites here wish nothing but the best in the your truly well deserved position :D

19. gobbadino Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 20:05

i've been gone for a week and this happens
    what the hell

Seriously though, good luck to Chandra, and congratulations to Matthew. I bet it's nice to be back in the editor's chair after Nintendo Gamer's demise.

20. TheSlenderman Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 20:30

Shame to see you go Chandra. I wish you well in whatever you are doing next.
    Congratulations to Mathew and Joe!

21. eresin Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 20:33

I will miss your sexy voice on the podcast but wish you all the best in your new adventures!

22. fisher2007 Friday 10th Jan 2014 at 21:47

Bye Chandra.

23. geengy Saturday 11th Jan 2014 at 02:05

Don't leave us again Chan!

Don't go...don't leave...please stay.....you are the only thing...

I would like to know whatever magazine you are headed to now though.

24. chojin Saturday 11th Jan 2014 at 09:19

Bye Chandra its been emotional :D

25. robbiebob2 Saturday 11th Jan 2014 at 19:12

Magazines these days change too much. Change is good but not too much.

26. LOZanges Saturday 11th Jan 2014 at 20:57

I have written a poem:

I will miss Nair, and his hair, after such a long time. Which is why, I, have written in rhyme, for Chandra will be missed, may his fortunes be fair, god bless Chandra Nair. Joe and Matt, with their brand new roles; eating wispa golds. Well, now I should go, before I put on a backwards cap and turn this into a rap! Peace! 8)

I hope you all like it :oops:

27. DFawkes Saturday 11th Jan 2014 at 23:05

Best of luck to all in this big change up :) Joe will no doubt be strutting around editing everything, then editing it back, then again just to make sure everyone in the office is in awe of his editing powers.

Matthew will be playing lots of games to see how other Captains and Commanders take charge, be it Captain Kenway of Assassins Creed 4 or Commander Shepherd from Mass Effect 3. Hopefully a Paragon version rather than a power hungry overlord who sacrifices everyone in the pursuit of greatness ;)

As for Chandra Nair and his Fiery Hair, good luck in whatever it is you're disappearing into the mist to do. I assume you're becoming a ninja for hire or something similar.

28. KOP Sunday 12th Jan 2014 at 13:46

Well thank God for that. Let's make sure there isn't another unwarranted return though.

29. Grant Jones Sunday 12th Jan 2014 at 14:18

Tim Street and the "greystation" references? Please no...

30. PyroAshgem Monday 13th Jan 2014 at 18:33

well just let me go get a HND in journalism and I'll be back 3 years.