Nintendo Direct - every release date and announcement

See what was announced, when it's coming out, and watch the whole presentation again

Was 10pm a little too late for you? Or a little too early? Well fear not, sleepyhead/vampire, we've gathered together every announcement from Nintendo's first major presentation of 2014, plus the show itself to show you how it all unfolded.

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS - Little Mac added to roster - TBC 2014

Mario Golf: World Tour - Castle Club mode revealed - 2 May

Kirby: Triple Deluxe - copy abilities and collectibles shown - 16 May

Yoshi's New Island - transformations shown off - 14 March

Steel Diver: Sub Wars- first-person submarine shooter revealed along with free version - out now!

Pokemon Link Battle - action-puzzle Match-3 battler revealed - 13 March

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright - presentation by Akihiro Hino - 28 March

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - introduction by Satoru Shibata - early 2015

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - user-created football manager game, Iwata Asks - 17 April

Weapon Shop de Omasse - the final GUILD01 game announced, other GUILD games on sale - 20 February

Inazuma Eleven 3 - eShop release for the original DS game announced - out now!

Etrian Odyssey: The Millennium Girl - 3DS remake of original EO game, demo announced - 2 May

Child of Light - Ubisoft's playable poem RPG introduced - 1 May

NES Remix 2 - sequel to the Wii U eShop mash-up announced - 25 April

Game Boy Advance Virtual Console - re-releases of handheld classics coming to Wii U Virtual Console - Spring

Mario Kart 8 - release date announced, Bowser's minions revealed as playable, new trailer - 30 May

Monolith's X - new gameplay footage shown - no date announced

Bayonetta 2 - new trailer and screenshots revealed - TBC 2014

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Thursday 13th Feb 2014 at 23:32

looking forward to nes remix 2

2. mariomafia Thursday 13th Feb 2014 at 23:48

3. King Slazo Thursday 13th Feb 2014 at 23:54

Great news for 3DS owners, while the Wii-U continues to be left all at sea. If you were going to buy the games showcased for it, you still will, if you weren't, you still won't. They need to be giving people a reason to get invested in the platform, and "you can finally play those GBA games we announced a year ago... soonish" isn't it.

4. Shinnos Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 00:14

Some thoughts:

Glad to see Mario Kart 8 finally has a release date! 30 May is in my diary now!

The NES Remix 2 news was very welcome, and the line-up of game looks a lot better overall than the first, but I was disappointed that it wasn't available for download right after the Nintendo Direct.

Still not convinced about Yoshi's New Island. It just looks like more of the same. But I am very tempted by that Yoshi 3DSXL!

Little Mac's a fun addition to the Smash Bros roster, and pretty obvious given his skill set.

That submarine game...well, I might download the free version...

The last Guild game looks interesting, and I might pick up Attack Of the Friday Monsters and Aero Porter in the sale...

Bayonetta 2 looks great!

5. Roswee-son Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 00:15

Yeah good to see the 3DS still going strong but the wii u definately needs to pick it up, mario kart looks epic tho, but you guys forgot to mention the yoshi console ;)

6. mattzere Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 02:01

I agree with this. I was expecting something big seeing as Nintendo really need to push for Wii U sales, but there were absolutely zero surprises. The new characters for smash bros and MK didnt excite me at all, but I will still get the game, and I expect that those announcements wont make anyone who wasnt considering buying them re-think...
    With regards to the 3DS stuff, I was pleasantly surprised! that football game actually interests me (and I'm normally very turned-off by anything even vaguely football-y). Glad to see the las Guild game coming out, and a sale of the others. Steel Diver is a sequel(ish) that no-one asked for, but it could be okay... maybe...
    Nothing else particularly interesting though...
    One last thing: I believe Nintendo really need to make Bayonetta 2 appeal to newcomers to the series, be it with a summary of the first game in video or playable form, a release of the first game on the eShop or bundled with 2 or even a well-advertised prologue-chapter,

7. Yell-Darb Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 10:31

There goes all my pocket money for the year then!!! :D

8. mav Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 10:40

I think the push on the WiiU games due out soon(ish) was good - I imagine Bayonetta 2 is going to get people looking at the WiiU as a second console.

9. pinkgamer634 Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 10:41

No! Wii U claiming GBA games and Monolith's X, I really enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles but I own a 3DS not a Wii U!

10. martynm Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 11:25

Im rather pleased Triple Deluxe has a release date. Still, brilliant Direct :D

11. Kittens. Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 11:56

Weapon Shop is good news, I've been waiting for that one for a while.
    Super mega excited for Nintendo Football Club, since the GBA original was good.
    Bit soon for NES Remix 2.

12. Mariostar222 Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 13:08

:mrgreen: Yeah good to see the 3DS still going strong but the wii u definately needs to pick it up. :mrgreen:

I know right,they haven't shown much recently but Mariokart.but,here comes the new stuff

13. Mariostar222 Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 13:10

Weapon Shop is good news.

But dosen't seem very fun to me

14. Combusken Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 13:32

Looking forward to Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl and Layton vs Wright.

15. gamebox2d Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 13:33

Things are bad when you start looking forward to Kirby and Yoshi's Island. If you're going to make a retro platformer, Nintendo: make it Metroid...

16. Kittens. Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 13:34

Weapon Shop is good news.

But dosen't seem very fun to me

It's a Guild01 game, of course it's fun.
    Guild02 on the other hand...

17. KaptainKrauser Friday 14th Feb 2014 at 16:52

Weapon Shop de Omasse was far and wide the highlight of the Direct.

18. Grant Jones Sunday 16th Feb 2014 at 15:23

Does anybody else think Nintendo will unveil Wii-U games at E3, or do we really have to wait for the next Direct for game announcements?

19. laughingjumpman Sunday 16th Feb 2014 at 15:56

Maro Golf has a release date, so I'm happy.

20. VinceLovesToast Wednesday 19th Feb 2014 at 18:37

I'm just waiting for the next one in the hope they'll have a Zelda U trailer

21. E123-Fawful Wednesday 19th Feb 2014 at 19:16

I'm just waiting for the next one in the hope they'll have a Zelda U trailer

If you want Zelda U to be in the next Nintendo Direct then you'll be disappointed.
    They've already said E3 this year. Along with other big announcements ie Metroid, F-Zero, Starfox and a Smash Trailer as well as a new character or 2 (Everything here is just wishful thinking).