Mario-themed McDonalds Happy Meals arrive next week

See every collectible toy inside

Well, Iwata did announced that he wanted to license out Nintendo's characters more. Yes, from next week, you can get your soon-to-be greasy hands on a Mario-themed Happy Meal in McDonalds, complete with one of eight toys.

The meals are available from next Wednesday, 19 March, until 29 April and are tied in with a new campaign, the Run, Jump and Power-Up with Super Mario promotion, which tasks kids to get active. And also to eat burgers.

Click the image above to see the all the toys available.

Comments

1. SamManSam Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 10:57

Oh right... Tasking kids to get active with famous video game icons, and McDonald's... I see no problems there at all.
    In all seriousness though... I need those toys... I don't care if I'm 18 and a vegetarian.

2. Komodo_Wolfgang Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 11:22

As far as I know, you can buy them for Ł1 from macdonalds.

Our old one used to let us anyway. Gonna have to check it out. I want the shroom!

3. martynm Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 11:40

It is pretty cool to own one of those toys. Although, being in McDonalds just feels awkward maybe it's all those teens and kids al gaggled together. I like to eat in peace..

4. Mr.Poffins Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 11:41

Wow when I was on holiday ( In France) i stumbled upon these aswell ( even got myself a shroom which makes the mushroom item sound :D ) Great to hear there coming to other countries would love a Yoshi .

5. Lazara the Last Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 11:47

While this is supposed to be a promotion for Nintendo, for me it is the other way around: I want to eat on McDonalds because of these!

6. imbusydoctorwho Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 13:40

Will be a perfect excuse to have a Mc Donalds.

7. WiidiUt Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 15:44

These were available in Sweden last summer. I only managed to get my hands on two of them :/

8. IRNBRU64 Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 16:11

Ronald McDonald for smash bros?

9. marka23 Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 16:19

Hopefully you don't have to buy the happy meals in order to get them.

10. Sex Bob-omb Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 16:41

Cool I guess but since I'm 23 I haven't had a happy meal in years

11. NintendoForLife Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 17:30

I'll try and but the whole set on Monday.

12. Luke Ario Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 17:39

I DON'T CARE HOW OLD I AM, I'M GETTING A HAPPY MEAL!!!

13. Baker1000 Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 17:44

This is cool. I miss the days when they used to advertise what toys they were giving away on TV, anyone remember that? Pretty sure they were banned from doing it though.

I don't ever buy Happy Meals because (they're for kids) the portions are smaller. I'll probably buy them all next time I go in if they're still on. Ł8 for a set of figures ain't much.

14. bones0898 Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 18:13

Wonder if they will include the prize vault monoplay stickers for the adults lol.

15. Wackiest Wednesday 12th Mar 2014 at 21:06

No Wario. No sale.

16. Heru Thursday 13th Mar 2014 at 02:34

Only in UK? Hopefully its worldwide.

17. toffeeman30 Thursday 13th Mar 2014 at 13:05

99p on ebay if you dont like maccies

18. fisher2007 Thursday 13th Mar 2014 at 14:14

No Wario. No sale.

it doesn't have enemy's too.

19. D.J Thursday 13th Mar 2014 at 14:25

Some of the McDonalds i visit can be surprisingly quiet, i guess it just depends on which branches you go to.

20. NintendoForLife Thursday 13th Mar 2014 at 15:19

99p on ebay if you dont like maccies

Where? :)

21. Baker1000 Thursday 13th Mar 2014 at 20:22

You know what the best thing about McDonalds these days is though, right? StreetPass Relay Points. Every time I go in one I get an instant 6 hits on my 3DS. Tasty.