Mario Kart 8 trailer shows off new features and an old Rainbow Road

New footage zooms in

If you hadn't quite had your fill of new Mario Kart 8 footage today, Nintendo's released a new trailer for the game, revealing some of the new features available.

Focusing mainly on the anti-gravity mechanic, and the ability to get a Spin Turbo for colliding with other racers, it also shows off the brand new Boomerang and Piranha Plant pot items and, of course, a lovely chunk of the new-old Rainbow Road.

Comments

1. shy guy 64 Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 09:45

great to see shy guy again

like the look of the boomerang and piranha plant items

rainbow road looks incredible

2. SamManSam Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 09:50

This one trailer gets rid of all of the negative feelings I had for pre-ordering the game when I don't have enough money to even sustain any sort of social life.
    SHY GUY!!!

3. 5OUNDWAVE Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 09:54

incredible !

4. martynm Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 10:01

Wow, really looks like they didn't cut corners in making this game at all. (Pun semi-intended). Everything lokos great about this game. I'm jealous of those people who own Wii Us even more now.

5. Pokemon Luke Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 12:06

Aparently, the new rainbow road is even more spectacular than this, why cant the game be out now :(

6. Childfree Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 13:25

Just another tactic to try to get everyone to buy Wii-U (otherwise it would be for Wii and 3DS as well).

7. D.J Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 13:32

That's actually pretty impressive looking.

T'is a shame i don't have a Wii U really.

8. Jarmez Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 13:41

Well yeah, that's the whole point...? This game is meant to encourage people to buy a WiiU for it. Plus It wouldn't be for Wii (I assume you meant WiiU) AND 3DS, because the 3DS already has a Mario Kart game: Mario Kart 7. Do some more research next time, before you post.

9. Shoops Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 14:54

It must be if they're going to go 1-up on Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road. That thing was insane!

Also OMFGBBQ this looks amazing. I want it now!

Did I see Moo Moo Farm though? That track was the worst track ever. Even worse than Kalimari Dessert. ;_;

10. Luke Ario Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 15:18

I... ACTUALLY... HAVE... TEARS... IN... MY... EYES... I LOVE MARIO KART SO MUCH!!!!!

11. koopa_kicker Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 17:13

First thing to do after watching a Mario Kart 8 trailer is to watch it over again!!!

12. shadowlugia101 Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 17:18

Every time i see more of MK8 it makes me want the game so badly!!! I've wanted to play Morton Koopa Jr and Roy for a while now and i also love the new items like boomerand and piranaha plant. the only trouble is this is relaesed right in the middle of my GCSE exams, it worth failing them all just to play this though, right?? :lol:

13. MechaMew2 Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 19:05

>New Mario Kart game for its intended system.
    >Is accused of being a "tactic."

Do you even Mario Kart? Ever since SNES and GBA, only ONE iteration of Mario Kart was released on every system to date. WHY would Nintendo release their newest model on older systems that both ALREADY have a Mario Kart, one of which is a last generation console, and both probably couldn't even run 8?

You're either stupid or a troll, and I'm giving you the opportunity to pick one or the other.

14. K-tet Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 21:12

I'm rather pleased SNES Donut Plains 3 features.

That said, the music for N64 Rainbow Road. That's bowled me completely. I have no stumps upstanding!

Roll on May 30th. Eight agonising weeks to wait!

15. tomutwit Thursday 3rd Apr 2014 at 21:56

Not too sold on it. Mariokart 7 is so good I see no particular reason to upgrade.

16. Luke Ario Friday 4th Apr 2014 at 11:43

If you aren't swayed by that you are a lost cause.