241 new Smash Bros. Wii U screenshots

Console yourself with the wait for Winter

Quite apart from a 40-minute presentation, Nintendo's seen fit to release a huge batch of new Smash Bros. screenshots into the wild - so many in fact that we couldn't fit them all into a single post. By clicking the screenshot below, you can open up a gallery of 241 new Smash Bros. Wii U images, including stages, items, characters and menus.

Click here to see 170 screenshots from the 3DS version.

Comments

1. Lakituwho Wednesday 9th Apr 2014 at 14:24

The fact that they have shown off, in these many 3DS and WIIU pictures, Mr Satarn and the Franklin badge MUST confirm Ness. Also, in that new rush mode, you can see Kremlins, maybe K.Rool will be playable? Also, you can see the Polar Bear from Ice climbers, so they must be confirmed also.

I find it amusing that Ridley was confirmed to be a stage hazard in the direct. No more 'Ridley is not too big' arguments. :lol:

2. MartinIsAwesome Wednesday 9th Apr 2014 at 16:31

After that presentation I posted on Miiverse that I needed a lie down, and now I think I due another one. Loving the Super Leaf power up. I imagine it will allow for slower and more controller decents and/or a tail whip move. And judging by it's numerous appearances in these screenshots, it looks like the Smash team's favourite item is the Bunny Hood, and I don't blame them - the extra speed and jump power is great for quick escapes.

Oh, those arguements will continue... scratch that - they are continuing right now.

3. Tamzily01 Wednesday 9th Apr 2014 at 16:37

Not exactly. Mr Saturn and the Franklin Badge both appeared in Mother 3 too, which Lucas starred in. Would prefer it if they hinted towards Ness returning though.

4. TheImprobableOne Wednesday 9th Apr 2014 at 20:45

These are going to look utterly fantastic in HD, this game is pretty much the sole reason for me wanting a Wii U. Hopefully they'll offer a bundle when it's released, if previous installments have been any indication this could be the console's killer app.

5. jdofthefunk Thursday 10th Apr 2014 at 09:01

In terms of assist trophies, I hope to see Mr. Resetti and his distracting dialogue return, though for now it's great to see Saki making a comeback.

6. danbish Thursday 10th Apr 2014 at 10:28

Fantastic screenshots that I'll be making quite a few wallpapers for my PC with! Also just noticed the detail on Peach's gloves - amazing!

7. E123-Fawful Thursday 10th Apr 2014 at 11:18

As well as some of those saying Ridley wouldn't be playable acting like eltists and being like that kid in class who has to boast that he was right all along.