Pokemon Platinum Release Date Confirmed

It hits the shops in May. Can you wait?

Nintendo has confirmed that Pokémon Platinum will be released in the UK on 22 May. Yes, the game that has sold over 2.4 million copies to date in Japan since its launch last September will be here in just over three months. Are you excited?

Pokémon Platinum is set in the Sinnoh region and is packed with new features such as new ways to play online at the Wi-Fi Plaza over the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection and the ability to save your greatest victories in the Vs. Recorder.

A brand new Distortion World, governed by neither time nor space, also emerges, which provides a whole new gameplay challenge.

The epic story of Pokémon Platinum revolves around the legendary Renegade Pokémon, Giratina, appearing in its new Forme, the Origin Forme. Many other Legendary Pokémon are featured and can be captured in Pokémon Platinum - from Dialga and Palkia, to the powerful Lake trio of Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit

Also one of the rarest and most popular Pokémon, Shaymin (who is only available on Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl through special events) appears in a new Forme in Pokémon Platinum. You can transfer Shaymin from your Pokémon Diamond Version or Pokémon Pearl Version game to your copy of Pokémon Platinum Version to discover the never before seen Sky Forme, with a new appearance, new attributes and special powers.

Your heroes will appear in a new, special winter wardrobe as they attempt to survive the freezing cold of Sinnoh. As you follow the main quest to put a stop to the sinister Team Galactic, completing side missions and contests along the way, you will engage in some serious battles.

The adventure features an all-new Battle Frontier, a special building packed with challenges and tournaments. It's accessible after defeating the Elite Four and the Pokémon League Champion - the game's final boss Trainers - and gaining a ferry ticket to the Fight Area. Not only are the final bosses harder to beat than ever before, but once you've overcome them and entered the Battle Frontier, you'll find the fighting has only just begun.

The Battle Frontier contains five different Battle facilities, with each facility awarding Battle Points that can be traded for fantastic prizes.

In addition, the Global Trade Station from Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl has been expanded and renamed the Global Terminal, where you can check out other people's battles. Battle Videos are listed by popularity, so you can easily locate great content. You can save Battle Frontier and Wi-Fi battles via the Vs. Recorder, so that you can connect with Pokémon fans around the world and interact in new ways. Re-live your victories - or use them to gloat and provoke your friends into online battle.

As for online battling, you can visit the basement of every Pokémon Center to find a Wi-Fi Plaza where up to 20 players can connect wirelessly and play games together in real-time. As well as trading and doing battle with friends there are a number of mini-games available to play together in the Wi-Fi Club.

Are you looking forward to Pokémon Platinum?

Comments

1. G_R7 Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 10:20

I won't bother to wait and I'll just import it from America.

2. super_chris Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 10:27

I'm just going to import it from America. Get it 2 months earlier y'know :wink:

3. Jedi_jester Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 11:00

I'm just going to import it from America. Get it 2 months earlier y'know :wink:

And cheaper maybe?

I got Pokemon Diamond early. Was a great update. But I completed my pokedex (as much as I can) and It got kind of boring. But I think I might get this so I can restart all over again and because of that 3D dungeon thing, that looks cool.

4. Gordon Ramsey Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 12:28

Sounds like a Pokefans dream. :P

5. supremo Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 14:27

ive been waiting ages to hear the release date. im just gonna wait until its european release. looking forward to the return of the battle frontier too. i started to play my pearl copy again l8ly. my pc is choka.

6. Callum D Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 14:43

Thanks for telling us the release date! Yes, I am looking forward to this game! I have it in Japanese. It comes out in USA in march 22nd, or 23rd. That means we have to wait 2 whole months!

7. DBZFan355 Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 15:44

Are you excited?

Yet again another update, one I got sick of since the second gen of Pokemon. This is one title I won't be buying.

8. darkandy666 Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 15:53

finally a nintendo game im looking foward 2

9. darkandy666 Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 15:54

importin is wrong its stupid u think just wait

10. nintendood Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 17:59

Wait...but it's practically the same game as Diamond and Pearl! I don't really see the point in getting it. It's time pokemon got updated, all the games since red and blue have just added pokemon and slightly improved graphics. Thinks of some new ideas nintendo!

11. Jedi Metroid Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 20:00

Woo! I'm gonna get that...

Now, when is the DSi gonna be released, eh? March or August?

12. 91nintendo Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 21:46

I was almost expecting it to be September or something daft.

13. Esper Thursday 12th Feb 2009 at 22:11

... that's a few days after the start of my GCSEs.

FFFFFF.

14. supersonic123 Friday 13th Feb 2009 at 19:26

The game looks great only thing is will it be worth the wait? Hopefully. 22nd of may is quiet convenient for me as my birthday is 9th of may so I'm looking forward to it. :)

15. Gilbert Sunday 15th Feb 2009 at 19:04

... that's a few days after the start of my GCSEs.

FFFFFF.

Same - my first exam's on the 12th grr.

14th for me :) Should save me from buying it myself...

16. jgri8105 Monday 16th Feb 2009 at 15:00

my brother is more likely to get this than myself (even though i have pearl). i just want 2 know if there will be a proper pokemon RPG (like the handhelds) on the wii unlike xd and colluseum which weren't really proper ones due to the lack of routes meaning more of a chore for levelling up

17. Jman_Vere Wednesday 18th Feb 2009 at 15:19

is this game a spin off for diamond and pearl?
    like yellow and emerald and crystal?

18. cloud493 Thursday 19th Feb 2009 at 20:39

very . im not gonna import, cos im saving for the DSI , but il be at Game first thing

19. Super_Sonic96 Friday 20th Feb 2009 at 08:35

As much as i like the franchise, it needs to do something new. If they keep on churning out the old stuff they're just going to lose more and more fans like me.

20. Red-Wolf Friday 20th Feb 2009 at 21:49

yes im lookin forward 2 this. i played and loved pokemon pearl (its NOT the "girls version") but now im gonna do it all over again. but im wondering about the new world. it must have gon thru 3 name changes; ruined world, torn dungeon and now distortion world. make yer mind up game freak.

21. Red-Wolf Friday 20th Feb 2009 at 21:56

importin is wrong its stupid u think just wait

Darn right!

22. takers168 Sunday 22nd Feb 2009 at 15:05

played the japanese one, ordered the US one but sI still can't wait to the PAL one yessssssssssss

in the new game you can get togepi sooooooooooooo easily it is given to you in an egg but we no longer get the happiny egg noooooooooooooooo :twisted:

23. mj scorpz Sunday 22nd Feb 2009 at 17:01

What new Pokemon are in platinum?

24. pokepig Monday 23rd Feb 2009 at 14:00

When are we going to get more pokemon events here in England UK.
    I see USA have them every few month.
    The event at woolworths last year was so fun we took our daughter to 4 of the events. We stayed all day traded.
    If anyone is looking for jirachis we have genuine ones.
    Drop me an email at
    crzyboutpokemon@aol.com

www.myspace.com/pokemonfansunite

25. Wario90 Tuesday 24th Feb 2009 at 18:26

Definetly gonna get this when it comes out. I dont even have a ds yet but im gonna get the dsi when it comes out. Having played a pokemon game properly since emerald so really looking forward to this.

role on may!!

26. WhiteSamus64 Monday 2nd Mar 2009 at 09:20

If you really love Pokemon, then you wont buy this garbage. If you do, it will only enforce Nintendo's belief that they can keep remaking the same game OVER AND OVER AND OVER.