23 Great New Pokémon Platinum Screens

See Giratina and Shaymin in battle!

Here are some great new screenshots of Pokémon Platinum. Platinum was one of your Most Wanted Games For 2009 in the ONM Reader Awards and you can see why by checking out these great new screens.

You can see Giratina and Shaymin in battle action in the new screens. The story of Pokémon Platinum revolves around the legendary Renegade Pokémon, Giratina who appears in its new Forme, the Origin Forme.

Shaymin, one of the rarest and most popular Pokémon, was previously available only on Pokémon Diamond And Pokémon Pearl through special events but it appears in a new Forme in Pokémon Platinum. You can transfer Shaymin from Pokémon Diamond or Pokémon Pearl to your copy of Pokémon Platinum to discover the never before seen Sky Forme, with a new appearance, new attributes and special powers.

We can also see screens of the Battle Frontier building, the Global Trade Station and the Wi-Fi Plaza. The all-new Battle Frontier, a special building packed with challenges and tournaments, is accessible after defeating the 'Elite Four' and the Pokémon League Champion - the game's final boss Trainers - and gaining a ferry ticket to the Fight Area. Not only are the final bosses harder to beat than ever before, but once you've overcome them and entered the Battle Frontier, you'll find the fighting has only just begun! The Battle Frontier contains five different Battle facilities, with each facility awarding Battle Points that can be traded for fantastic prizes.

The Global Trade Station from Pokémon Diamond And Pearl has been expanded and renamed the Global Terminal, where you can check out other people's battles. Battle Videos are listed by popularity. You can save Battle Frontier and Wi-Fi battles via the Vs. Recorder, so that you can connect with Pokémon fans around the world and interact in new ways. Re-live your victories - or use them to gloat and provoke your friends into online battle.

How much are you looking forward to Pokemon Platinum?

Comments

1. GamerDMC Thursday 5th Mar 2009 at 10:30

Not going to do all that "woop, first post" rubbish so many people on this forum seem to do.

Anyway back on topic, played most games even going back to the originals such as red, blue and yellow for the gameboy. This dont look bad may be a possible game to get, allready awaiting GTA Chinatown wars so could put Platinum on hold and wait till reviews come flooding out about it, untill i decide to get it. For now though Chinatown wars should keep me going for a while aswell as the DSi when that finally comes out!

:D

2. Callum D Thursday 5th Mar 2009 at 15:53

I am very excited about this. The japanese version I have was good and now it is in English...the 6 months of waiting have finally paid off. My birthday is soon and I'm planning on getting this, Mario and Luigi 3 and GTA Chinatown wars.

3. Mama Luigi Thursday 5th Mar 2009 at 15:54

I already completed a Jap copy months ago. Despite the current generation games being ridiculously unbalanced I'd still recommend it just for the way the GTS has been fixed.

4. darkandy666 Thursday 5th Mar 2009 at 15:56

e only good lookig nintendo game this year

5. Ubahquiet Thursday 5th Mar 2009 at 16:32

I'm definitely getting it, as aside from the changes between it and D/Pe, I'm getting just coz I love the 'mons that much.

Also it'll mean I'll have every PKMN handheld RPG from R/B/Y to the DS games.

6. jinzo64 Thursday 5th Mar 2009 at 17:22

i'm looking forward to this.
    pity i don't own a shaymin now i won't get to the never before seen sky form.
    oh wait yes i will it appears in the movie silly me.
    but it should be a good game hopefully dialga and palkia will both appear as well.

7. Anonymous Thursday 5th Mar 2009 at 17:29

anyone got a release date yet?

8. mtrd_hntr Thursday 5th Mar 2009 at 18:42

:lol:

even though i have pearl i'm probably still going to wind up getting this :?

9. yubel Thursday 5th Mar 2009 at 18:56

Nope.
    I already played pearl before i relized how the pokemon games work.
    i FORGOT A COMBINATION SOON COMES OUT so its too late for me im afraid.
    Im not playing the same game over again,the minigames,extra areas and features arnt gonna pull me back.

10. adamwalker222 Thursday 5th Mar 2009 at 19:12

Cannot wait, this is gunna bring me back for more alright. :D

11. The Arbiter Thursday 5th Mar 2009 at 22:50

anyone got a release date yet?

Friday 22nd May

One week before my Birthday.

HAZZAH!

12. Dawn refia Friday 6th Mar 2009 at 09:36

WOW screenshots !!! .......

13. G_R7 Friday 6th Mar 2009 at 11:01

I'll be importing it from the US. I've already traded for the US Shaymin Events and I will be trading for the Regi next week once it is out so I can open up the new bits in the room. I don't know if the Japanese verison of the events will open the areas in the US game.

14. Golden Knight Friday 6th Mar 2009 at 17:22

nice

15. dm1194 Saturday 7th Mar 2009 at 01:54

Cant wait for this game, it better not be delayed. Im tired of playing Pokemon Diamond and Pearl now, Ive finished it so many times but im a huge Pokemon fan so im not aloud to not buy this lol.

16. mr.wii Saturday 7th Mar 2009 at 12:12

Ive finished it so many times

You've caught every single pokemon more than once?
    Wow, that is dedication.

:lol:

(And I know, I am joking)

17. whitetac Saturday 7th Mar 2009 at 20:16

NEED!! NEED!! NEED!!

18. vix_chan Saturday 7th Mar 2009 at 22:12

Lol, whats Ryu from street fighter doing in a pokemon game?
    (look at the first pic with the artwork guys ^_^ )

19. The Timesplitter Sunday 8th Mar 2009 at 10:25

Those screenshots look pretty ace...

20. seganintendo Sunday 8th Mar 2009 at 22:51

Have they done away with Friend Codes for online battles? I really hated that idea for D/P. I mean it worked so well with Mario Kart DS so why could they not do it here.

21. keybearer322 Tuesday 10th Mar 2009 at 18:37

do i belive what im seeing! can we actuly be able to play mini games on pokemon now? well im shure that the diging for fossils in the underground was a minigame but still im definetly getting this

22. pazozo Thursday 12th Mar 2009 at 07:49

I was gonna import in from America, but conisdering it comes out a week before my birthday, I'll wait :)

also, has anyone noticed that The Doctor seems to be in it? :D

23. RedPikminGamer Saturday 14th Mar 2009 at 10:13

There seems to ALWAYS one more Pokemon game after the first two. The screenshots look good, especially the one where it shows him walking on the wall!

24. lil gamer Monday 16th Mar 2009 at 06:09

I am a pokemon fan but I wont be getting this. Im too lazy to do it all over again. 8)

25. Matt140 Sunday 17th May 2009 at 23:01

Anybody else pre-ordered the game??
    You get a Giratina Figure from GAME and a case from Play.co.uk!!